PDA

View Full Version : My new pastel box :)

JaskaJokunen
12-04-2013, 05:45 PM
And it's also my very first pastel box apart from the cardboard/foam ones that come with sets of pastels. It's quite neat, about the size of A4 paper, so it's very portable. I also managed to sqeeze in small pieces of pretty much all the individual soft pastels I have and even the semi-hard ones.

The ordering of the pastels is chaotic as am I, and maybe doesn't really make much sense from usability point of view, and the dirtyness of the sticks is what comes naturally to me as keeping them clean is impossible for me. I do clean the part of the stick I use just before using it though. I have no idea how most people seem to be able to keep the pastels neat and clean - maybe them have two sets: one for use, the other for showing off :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2013/1396497-IMG_201312_05485.jpg

Yes, the floor is clean too :lol:

Now if I only could figure a good way of storing these too, I'd be happy:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2013/1396497-IMG_201311_05473.jpg

No exactly the most space concious packaging by Caran d'Ache :(:)

doe
12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
That's a nice little box - who makes it? Maybe you can put the Caran d'Ache in a cigar box.

robertsloan2
12-12-2013, 02:37 AM
Beautiful Caran d'Ache pastels. I see what you mean about their not very space conscious packaging though. Frustrating. That's weird the way the boxes look, like half the box is empty. Beautiful colors though.

Great pastel box and it doesn't look that haphazard to me. You did the one thing that tends to reduce their getting dirty, sorting them by hue so that they rub up against similar ones. That's helped a lot in mine. I have them by hue and value in my Dakota Traveller but I had six slots for colors, not just two.

JaskaJokunen
12-12-2013, 05:36 AM
That's a nice little box - who makes it? Maybe you can put the Caran d'Ache in a cigar box.

I bought the box locally and there were no markings of any kind in it or the package. As the store sells some inexpensive chinese Sinoart products, I guess it's from them, and a quick picture search seems to prove it as Sinoart sells an identical box (with oil pastels inside though).

I really like the box now that I've had to carry pastels somewhere. Very handy box it being so small.

The cigar box idea... I'm not sure. On the other hand I'd like to get the Caran d'Aches into as small box as possible, but on the other hand I'd like them to remain organized it the way they are - I am very bad with colours and when a box is named "forest" it's easy for me to pick primarily those colours for forest painting :D

JaskaJokunen
12-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Beautiful Caran d'Ache pastels. I see what you mean about their not very space conscious packaging though. Frustrating. That's weird the way the boxes look, like half the box is empty. Beautiful colors though.

Yes, the colours are just lovely and for hard pastels they are so so creamy. I am thinking of buying a few of their pastel pencils too, but right now I'm broke so maybe next year :)