Dimension: 24x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I hope I am not saturating....
just wanted to share

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I know his eye is wierd..I hve a touch up to do
all comments welcome
this cute guy was sitting next to us at the coalville rodeo....yehaaa!

lorelou
09-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Wonderful Diane! Do you sketch it out with pencil or paint?

Wayne Gaudon
09-19-2003, 09:46 PM
sunglasses and call it a day .. lovely.

artbabe21
09-19-2003, 10:51 PM
good stuff Diane....I adore your western people! This guy is too cute, awesome spurs and boots!! :D

Rieko
09-20-2003, 03:23 AM
Coalville... sounds so great to me... It must be beautiful with the shades of fall colors in P.C. I really miss there, Diane.

Great composition and I really like the colors. spurs and boots look wonderful, too.

Bobbo
09-20-2003, 04:24 AM
Wonderfull !
Love the choice of colors in the shirt,the boots with
spurs I like the most,not convinced by the folds on the shirt,the negative space between the legs sits on top,could be a bit darker.
good composition ,my eyes go from the nice shirt to the beautifull boots,but the effect stops at those hands,IMOH they need sorting out.The shadow area in the left bottem is lovely and warm.

pero lane
09-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Beautiful work Diane!! Love the colors in that brushpopper!:D

Paintonbrush
09-20-2003, 11:57 AM
Pero~thanks sweetie
Bobbo- thank you for the advice....this is a horrible digital pic. my camera is acting up me thinks. I will look over your suggestions
Rieko-You miss Utah over Paris....paaasshhhaaw....really?
Cathleen-I always come back to the western.....its my fav subject.
thanks
Wayne-funny......thanks man.
Lorelou-Both....;-) I shoot from the hip....

Helen Zapata
09-20-2003, 12:12 PM
It's great Diane! I love all the stripes leading us down to those incredible spurs and boots. I agree about the negative space between his legs being a little too bright. Fixing that and finishing his eye... it'll be a winner! Very cool!

Did you photo him and work from that? Or did you whip out your paints right at the rodeo? hee :evil: ;)

Helen

Wes Hyde
09-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Dianne, you've captured the look of concentration perfectly. In my opinion... Don't change the eye! The only things I'd change would be to add light along the shirt sleeve and more on the hat to go with the highlight on that right pantleg.

Great work, and I'm with you on those western themes.

Wes

KPowe
09-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Ditto what Wes said. I think I know that kid. Love the colors.

giniaad
09-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Hey!
I think you did a really nice job on this!
all the way around...

artinoils
09-21-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by zapata
It's great Diane! I love all the stripes leading us down to those incredible spurs and boots. I agree about the negative space between his legs being a little too bright. Fixing that and finishing his eye... it'll be a winner! Very cool!

I also like the larger size you're working lately. Great expression of concentration.:D

Paintonbrush
09-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Helen, Dear.....my holster has paints and brush..dont you know? :D

Wes-ok, good....I bought some of the holbein transparents you use, Cath told me about them....now to figure out HOW to use them..:)

Many Roads-thanks girl....The kid was very accomodating....I also have one of him chowing on a snow cone. its too cute.

Gin-wow.....SCORE!! thanks....your a doll.
art-I am sure you can relate, my place is FULL of paintings...I think I may have to try and sell some local.....thanks.

capricorne
09-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Great job! Composition...color ..bravo!
Jan

dornberg
09-24-2003, 08:43 PM
approaching abstraction