PDA

View Full Version : Mobile app recommendations (Kindle Fire HD)?

Princess Zelda
11-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Hello.

I use Corel Painter with an Intuos pad at home.

I have been given a Kindle Fire mobile tablet. It runs some Android apps.

I am interested in getting a drawing app for the Kindle. There are over 100 painting apps in the Kindle store. Many are obviously designed for children but even eliminating those, there still are a large number.

I am wondering if anyone here has any recommendations of any I should try (or avoid) to help narrow down the search.

Thank you.

Elainepsq
11-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Sorry, I don't have any experience with Android apps. Have you tried googling a few of the titles to see if anyone is talking about them on blogs and such?
I'm also curious if any of them have a free trial download, but I suppose the apps for tablets are less expensive, so they are less motivated to provide you with a free trial.
Wish I could have been of more help.
Elaine

Elainepsq
11-19-2013, 01:42 PM
After hitting the send button, I also thought to suggest that you all post this question in computers/technology. Since I hadn't been there in a while, I went over to see what was going on, and I came across this discussion. Maybe something there, or someone can help.

www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1329840

Princess Zelda
11-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks.

I followed the links from the other thread & read some reviews. Based on that I bought Sketchbook Pro. I'm happy. It works fine & there is no 'learning curve' problem going from Painter.