PDA

View Full Version : Redo

Rabbit Twilight
09-18-2003, 10:19 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-18-2003/14488_evergreens2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Redo
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 8x10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I did some more work on this tonight. I think it is better than it was....at least I hope so. I tried to post the link to the 1st one, but it didn't work. Sorry. It's titled Mood Lifting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Do you think so? :)

leverettfinn
09-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Wow...looks like a different painting....I really like this a lot....I wonder if you took small dabs of the flower colors to lead you in from the bottom. Not too many. you don't want to lose your wonderful focal point! great job

Lauren

something like this?

roberj
09-19-2003, 09:00 AM
The light in this one is really special. The central area of the painting is beyond any suggestions for improvement I could offer. The only area that bothers me is more of a style conflict, I wish the paint strokes in the blue area of the sky were more in tune with the yellow. To me it reads as a little jarring at the transition because of the difference in the strokes. Even that critisim is one that I had to reach for, I really love this piece. I think the foreground reads well as is and I like the lack of detail towards the edges of the painting. The two trees in the center are magnificent.

Bob

Paintonbrush
09-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Super fab!!!:clap:

Lorijo
09-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Bobbi, I love the re-do! The first one the flowers did not look like flowers to me, in this one they do! I like the constrasts in light-dark you have here too. Lorijo

Helen Zapata
09-19-2003, 11:21 AM
I love the redo too! I like both versions. Each have their own personality.

I kind of agree about the sky. I'd like to see a bit more fusion between the two sky areas. And the darker tones in the grass below the main tree, it looks almost like a reflection to me. Those are my only two nits, and they aren't biggies. I like it lots as is!

Helen

Wayne Gaudon
09-19-2003, 06:00 PM
now if we could just bring it all togeather .. scattered thoughts .. very pretty but scattered .. much the same as where my efforts lie these days .. caught between two different styles. :D

Bobbo
09-19-2003, 06:11 PM
a very spectacular painting,I didn't see the 1st version,but if the bright light is behind the trees (sunset?)howcum the flowers are shining?shouldn't they be in the shade?

Rabbit Twilight
09-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I totally agree about the sky. I need to fix that. It almost looks like I didn't finish.

This is much darker here than it really is. I took the pic inside, and they always come out looking off color and value wise. The sky doesn't have quite that much of a yellow cast.

Bobbo.....I know that you are right about the flowers being hit by light. It wouldn't really be that way if the sun were that strong behind the trees. Since I made this one up, I just took a bit of artistic license. When I reworked it, I didn't have the flowers in, and when I showed it to my husband he asked where the flowers were, so I put them back in. One of these days I'm going to actually look at something and paint it instead of making pictures up in my head.

Thanks guys!

Rabbit Twilight
09-20-2003, 11:09 AM
I worked on this some more last night. I took the same texture all throughout the sky. It looks a little busy viewing in on screen, but from a distance all those strokes blend visually. Thanks for all the help.

Lorijo
09-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Looks good Bobbi, I love the sky and all the busy strokes! I think it looks fine. I liked the last one too. Lorijo

roberj
09-20-2003, 12:18 PM
OH YEAH

Bob