PDA

View Full Version : A Path Through Townley.

DavidPriestley
11-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Painted in oils on canvas.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2013/1440740-Towneley.jpg

Charlie's Mum
11-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Welcome!
Very good painting though I think the single purple tree stands out a little too much, better if you could use that colour elsewhere too I think! Otherwise, excellent painting.
This might be better placed in Landscapes so if you'd like it moved or cross-posted there, I can do that for you.

DavidPriestley
11-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Welcome!
Very good painting though I think the single purple tree stands out a little too much, better if you could use that colour elsewhere too I think! Otherwise, excellent painting.
Actualy, the purple tree doesn't stand out that much in the painting, it's just that the photo of the painting came out a bit brighter than I intended which made the purple really stand out.

This might be better placed in Landscapes so if you'd like it moved or cross-posted there, I can do that for you.
I consider it more as a study of light and trees than a landscape, and trees are botanical

justjean
11-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Looks like a great place for a stroll , lovely painting :thumbsup:

DavidPriestley
11-12-2013, 03:39 AM
Looks like a great place for a stroll , lovely painting :thumbsup:
Thanks.
It's actualy about 10 minutes walk from my house and it's where I often take the walk the dog.

marionh
11-13-2013, 07:15 AM
I want to walk down that path!

I was going to say the same as Maureen about the tree. I have the same problem in my photos - it seems the camera always picks up on the blues and purples and even after photoshopping, mine always appear too purple.

DavidPriestley
11-14-2013, 06:16 AM
I want to walk down that path!

I was going to say the same as Maureen about the tree. I have the same problem in my photos - it seems the camera always picks up on the blues and purples and even after photoshopping, mine always appear too purple.
Strange isn't it?
Many of us here have probably developed our own personal strategies for photographing our paintings, we'll likely find out by trial and error what settings to use on the camera, what light source to use, etc, in order to capture a faithful reproduction of our paintings that we are happy with, yet occasionaly, for apparently no reason whatsoever, even using all that we've learned from taking previous photos, you just sometimes do a painting that flatly refuses to be faithfully reproduced, no matter what we try.

bluefish
11-14-2013, 10:18 AM
IMHO......this is a fabulously painted landscape..you can leave it here but the people over in 'landscapes' should have the plesure of viewing it...you do remarkable work..thank you for sharing with us......

'blue....:wave:

cem
11-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I really like the painting except the purple seems totally out of place to me.

Blinkblink
01-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Like this!

Margaret 59
02-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Nice job!

Lea51
02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I love the grasses, and the leaves on the path, and the middle ground trees!

And I know what you mean about photographing paintings, as I've had the same trouble myself. My favorite Photo editing software is ACDSee Pro...it seems to offer the most options that I'm likely to use, with the easiest interface, although they did make a few changes to the interface that took a while to get used to.

DavidPriestley
02-14-2014, 08:13 AM
I love the grasses, and the leaves on the path, and the middle ground trees!

And I know what you mean about photographing paintings, as I've had the same trouble myself. My favorite Photo editing software is ACDSee Pro...it seems to offer the most options that I'm likely to use, with the easiest interface, although they did make a few changes to the interface that took a while to get used to.

Thanks Lea.
Here's another photo that better represents the real tone and colour of the painting.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2014/1440740-P1260424.JPG

Charlie's Mum
02-14-2014, 10:13 AM
What a difference a photo makes ... to misquote a song!
Yes, a much better photo of this beautiful painting. :)

ColinS
02-14-2014, 11:57 AM
A beautiful painting, either photo!

cem
02-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Oh my what a wonderful difference! A truly beautiful painting!

pancho
02-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Very, very nice painting. I love the details, shadows and colors.

Janet