Dimension: 40x30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
:)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything!?

designditz
09-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey you have quite a cool style going with these latest paintings.. love the color choices and the glowing fields.. one tiny little nit is the black line far left(mine) right before the mountains..wish it was blended a bit more.. could also be the scan/moniter...if so slap me :) REALLY LOVE THE ROLL AND FLUFF OF THE CLOUDS..good stuff!

artbabe21
09-19-2003, 12:17 AM
Ginette---what a joyous painting...:) nothing bothers me about this little gem...

Ginette
09-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks ... it feels weird not to put more paint on. I am used to thick paint.
I feel like it's too meagerly painted.

Ginette

pero lane
09-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Ginette...it's lovely !!The black line that Designditz mentioned does seem to be the only hard line in this peice.:) Your sky is awesome!:D

tbezesky
09-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Another nice landscape all aglow. I especially love the sky.
I've noticed these last two landscapes have a little bit different feel than your previous work. Is your style changing or is it just that its a larger painting?
Tell us about it, if you may.

btw I like both styles of painting.

Ginette
09-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks Pat. I'll check on that line :)
-------------------------------------
Thanks Tracy.... for liking both styles.

Personally I like the more impasto and wild brushstrokes pieces better. They are more representative of my "Free Spirited" but somewhat conservative at the same time personality.

I use up lots and I mean lots of paint when painting thickly, and not selling well lately, funds become an issue. I buy 200 ml tubes and they go fast, still.

Well it prompted me to see how one can use less paint and create nevertheless a beautiful piece.
Necessity becomes the mother of invention... Or something like that :)

Not saying that mine are beautiful, but I see works by great artists and they don't neccesarly used lots of paint, not all over the whole canvas anyway.

So as usual I love to try different things and oil paints are still my biggest challenge. I do look for challenges.

One thing I already discovered is that I love the possibilities that glazing in transparent oils has.

It really only takes a day to dry in between and by working on more than one I get to work on something every day. It is a learning process that I enjoy.

Thanks for asking and for your response.

Ginette

Rieko
09-20-2003, 03:10 AM
I like your old impasto style a lot; but also I like this new style, Ginette.

Clouds and mountains are in harmonious shapes. Soft nuances and colors at dusk is successfully rendered. For me too, the black lines in the field looked different from the rest of the painting; however, it's hard to figure it out from the small photos.

It glows peacefully.

Ginette
09-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Rieko

It glows peacefully.

I think that is the best way to describe it.

Ginette

tbezesky
09-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Either way you do it. Your personality comes through.
There is some characteristics the two styles have in common.
Keep it up! :)