PDA

View Full Version : wild flowers WIP.

kate252
10-27-2013, 12:12 PM
bockingford- smaller than a quarter sheet. i think the flowers need more defining- or leave as it is? i have a habit of pushing things too far and then ruining. i want to go carefully with this one to leave its delicate flavour- im not used to doing delicate- those of you that know my work will know im usually quite thick and saturated with the water colors.
(taken with a phone camera until i can afford a new SD card for camera- sorry)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2013/179491-10515801133_813bf701cf.jpg

can I just take this opportunity to say to anyone who may be new to wetcanvas and new to water colors- its totally worth sticking with this forum as it can teach you lots, its also worth sticking to painting as you just dont know where your skill might take you to. There are times when you give up and vow NEVER TO PAINT AGAIN:evil: :evil: , but dont give up! as there are many twists and turns in water color.....

seriously folks.....does it need a bit more work? i have lost my subjective opinion....just be honest.:wink2:

just need to say also.....try not to compare your water colors to others...its likely that they are not better at it than you, they are just further up the learning curve thats all. dont give up and you will get to some kind of happy place where it flows a bit more i promise:D

Cyntada
10-27-2013, 12:22 PM
All that needs is a frame... love the dreamy quality!

Watercolor does tend to have a mind of its own, doesn't it? Some days I feel less like I'm painting with it, and more like negotiating with the stuff.

kate252
10-27-2013, 12:48 PM
I'll say! i have done enough failed paintings to fill a skip load lately.....its very hard to paint without the inspiration, i think i will stick to wild flowers and go with this new dreamy essence and lighter, more delicate washes. when you dont get inspired and dont know what to paint you can be in a dark place

LynnM
10-27-2013, 03:02 PM
This is lovely, Kate! I would leave it and do another, experimenting with what values will work with the delicate approach. Maybe once you have done more you may see how to go back in, if you still feel it needs something.

Love your comment about 'negotiating', I know exactly what you mean!

kate252
10-27-2013, 03:36 PM
many thanks- i did go back and try and strengthen the values and col,ors a bit more- but then i started to loose the delicacy and lightness of the washes- so i decided to leave it. i think your idea of doing more is a good one- following on from this one- just keeping it really light and see what colors work etc. thanks for looking! i will upload if ive done another?

indraneel
10-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Rather beautiful with all the flowing colors!

pjartwc
10-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Perfect!!!!!

Dale Ziegler
10-31-2013, 06:52 AM
This PAINTING has great possibilities!:clap:
I THINK YOUR PROBLEM is in the background VALUES
your colors are delicate and subtle but they fade into the background.
FIRST DECIDE WHAT IS YOUR CENTER OF INTEREST
THEN I would Carefully flow A PALE very wet WASH OF A COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE IN THE BACKGROUND AND THEN STRENGTHEN BY DROPPING IN(while still wet) A VARIETY OF SLIGHTLY STRONGER COLORS AROUND THE CENTER OF INTEREST

ErnstG
10-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Zart, leicht, luftig - einfach wunderbar!

Delicate, light, airy - just wonderful!

Ernst

Caroline Rose
11-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Your painting is delicate and airy. I agree that you need some different values. However, nice work!

bluegenes
11-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Very lovely! I like the perspective you used, like you were lying on the ground and looking up.

Patty

karenlee
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
My reaction exactly...like lying on the grass in a field of flowers.