PDA

View Full Version : Adirondack Marsh

dobber
10-25-2013, 08:46 PM
This is a scene from the Adirondacks. 11x14 on Uart 500. The sky colors are a bit off. The clouds are not as purple and the sky is a little darker.
Comments welcome I could use some fresh eyes. Thankshttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2013/99764-Adirondack_Marsh.jpg

pastel65
10-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Wonderful. This is beautiful.

It is interesting how a color can look so different in the photo. Went to Pastel class yesterday. Teacher took photo of my painting and texted to me. Instead of the blue water ( towards gray) that the orange goldfish were swimming in it shows violet water.

Pam:wave:

Mettaphorica
10-26-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm not a lover of landscapes, but this is really beautiful. I love how vibrant it is.
cheers
Donna

getdusty
10-26-2013, 01:06 AM
This is beautiful! Had to take a look as I'm in the Catskills, not so far from the Adirondacks. It is exactly what I expect fall to be. Your detail in the grasses is outstanding and I love how the clouds "flatten out" as they recede into the distance. For a Florida person, you've "nailed" NY :)

robertsloan2
10-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Oh Dobber, this is fantastic! Repost it to the current Spotlight, theme is Autumn Colors and you really captured them in those trees! I love the feeling of the forest and those conifers behind them, a dark and looming presence behind the gay deciduous display. Great water, it really lays flat. I like the clouds too and that odd pale break in them, distinct from the water. Good depth and interesting composition. Very good landscape.

rugman
10-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Very beautiful!

dobber
10-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks, Pam, Donna, Peg, Robert and Ron.

Quote:" For a Florida person, you've "nailed" NY"
Peg you made me laugh. I'm much more of a north easterner than I am a Floridian. I grew up in N.J. and did a lot of camping in N.Y. I'm not a big fan of the Florida landscape, I'll do an occasional beach or marsh scene.

Thanks,
Helen

getdusty
10-26-2013, 12:41 PM
"I'm much more of a north easterner than I am a Floridian. I grew up in N.J. and did a lot of camping in N.Y."

Knew there was something about you I liked :lol: