PDA

View Full Version : Found charlie's still life tutorials

elisehbeck
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
The archive for "still life the colorful way' is 72 pages long, but I found the lessons and gave the techniques a try. I'm pretty pleased with the results on these quick five-minute-or-less practice sketches. Is anyone else still scrolling through the archived lessons for help? Is this the right place to share lesson results?http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2013/1286934-image.jpg

Cheers
Elise

elisehbeck
10-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Hummm. It won't let me post more than one pixture - it just keeps repeating the same picture.

Ruthie57
10-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Great that you found Charlie's great lessons! Good idea to post them here too. Make sure you have a different filename for each image you post. Otherwise you'll get the original image with that name every time!

sketchZ1ol
10-22-2013, 02:27 PM
hello
if the painting is yours , this is the place to show it . :)
and you can add the materials , and personal thoughts .

* very good of you to give credit to Charlie for the inspiration/method *

Ed

Ruthie57
10-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Hmm, that's a different image than the one in your post when I first replied.........

ElleZ
10-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Good work. I too did these a while back, enjoyed the whole process.
I still have her glass ones packed in the art box from when we moved, must go get & finish them off. Charlie's lesson, my try at the glass one. lol

robertsloan2
10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Elise! Beautiful block study! I see you did a great job with the lesson. Gorgeous hues and values, yours looks better than mine did. You've got a light, delicate style that's very effective for mixing by overlaying hatching marks, great strokes and technique.

As for trouble posting more than one image, check to see that you have a unique file name on your images. If they all have the same file name, your last one will replace the previous, again and again and again.

After making sure they have their own filenames - just add 1, 2, 3 ... etc. to them or descriptive file names like block study 1, etc., or first stage block study, 2nd stage, etc., then if you still have problems try uploading in successive posts. Normally I can include up to four or five images per post and the site's allowing you to post, so I can only think it's a file name issue or something like that.

If you use the uploader button, make sure to use Return a couple of times or put a line of text and then place the cursor down a line below the text to add the next image. That might be doing it too, if your cursor is misplaced it might be uploading the next image but deleting the code for your previous image. Be sure to know where the cursor is. Click below your text or at the end of your text, hit return a couple of times and then click the upload icon.

elisehbeck
10-23-2013, 02:54 AM
Thanks, Robert. I think it's the file names. I'm doing all this on a tablet, so I can't get in and change names easily. I'll poke around, though.
Do you have any thoughts on how one might apply charlie's techniques to landscapes? I always get impatient and end up lumping trees together and not having enough variety in colour.
Cheers
Elise

sketchZ1ol
10-23-2013, 04:23 PM
hello
Charlie has presented excellent landscapes ,
and i think the way to access them is to click her blue-line/name/handle to find threads ,
or send a pm - she knows the ways around this forum/site .

Ed