PDA

View Full Version : Tundra Wolf WIP - XPost in AW

Orchid Lady
10-20-2013, 06:09 PM
I haven't painted in a couple of months due to moving into a new house and my daughter's wedding, but now I'm about two thirds done with this painting. It's a male Tundra Wolf and I took the reference photo for this myself some time ago. I'd appreciate any helpful feedback at this stage in the painting!

water girl
10-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Linda, it looks good to me. I'm hoping you'll give us several stages on the to completion. As always, thank you for giving us a WIP.

ElleZ
10-20-2013, 07:41 PM
This Tundra Wolf already looks fantastic to me, I can see the intelligence in his eyes. Very special. Also like the background too.

Dedrian
10-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Looking really great so far!

gecko99
10-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Coming along extremely nicely - highly believable fur!

Nicole

Ruthie57
10-21-2013, 03:05 AM
It's going to be great! I'm so glad those eyes aren't looking at me!

Orchid Lady
10-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments! I decided to do something different on this painting and actually complete the background in the early stages of the painting instead of waiting until my subject was completed and then stressing about what to do for the background. So my next post will be working on the ears and "furring" them up. This is the first time I've used the Mi-Tients Touch as a support - it doesn't hold the pastel like PastelMat does, but it's okay, so far!

Mettaphorica
10-22-2013, 04:36 AM
It's fantastic, and an interesting pose. Pulling up a chair to see how this progresses...
cheers
Donna

sketchZ1ol
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
hello
very curious about this ;
i'm assuming that the ' triangle ' around the head shows the basic colour of the MTT .

since there is nothing about the size/sticks/pencils ,
it's difficult to fully appreciate your hand .

your decision about b/g first makes sense to me !
- so many fine lines , values , on the irregular edge ... :eek:

Ed