Dimension: 16x20 in.
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
checkerboard

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
which color dominates?

Fagan
09-18-2003, 12:29 PM
hello Bob! you have three wedges of color that dominate....not one more than the other. The yellow is the only one that is minute. I like it...but still prefer your landscapes. *GRIN*

jerryW
09-18-2003, 12:43 PM
using supportive colors and few separating details enhances the closeness and unity of things, and the whole piece really meshes like escher into a finished puzzle,
I guess it presents a solution,
some thing that the viewer really need not worry about.
so
it is very much a
"be happy don't worry" painting
kinda painted inside our minds as much as out there on the canvas.

leverettfinn
09-18-2003, 01:12 PM
The orange-red..... Really like this

Lauren

Wayne Gaudon
09-18-2003, 06:45 PM
red family rules .. quite nice work .. seems a step up to the beach on the far side of the couple as it doesn't sit on the same level as the beach in front of them. The blue green is not dominant but it is the glue.

Paintonbrush
09-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Man this forum rolls fast these days!
your humans are not about the color but about the life and times. the human element speaks softly
bravo

Chuck
09-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by dornberg
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP
which color dominates?
WHITE...defines positive objects.

Smileawhyl
09-19-2003, 02:55 PM
I think the red is trying to dominate. It really resembles a Paul Gauguin color palette to me, especially your use of white. (http://www.bo.iasf.cnr.it/~mauro/Show/Gif/16.gif) Do you see a resemblance? Nice piece.

Bobbo
09-19-2003, 06:47 PM
On my first look it was the orange,when I looked again it was green,no points for guessing wich color dominated on my third visit.
I've seen your website and I like your work a lot,your paintings seem like little snapshots,polaroids almost.

Rabbit Twilight
09-19-2003, 07:12 PM
It's really interesting. I see a dominance of red/orange. And, one would think that with the green overlapping the red car, it would make the car pop. But, the white (light) area keeps you with the red/oranges in the two figures. I'm probably not making any sense at all....but this is what I see.

aaasp
09-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Delacroix would really like this.

Phranque
09-25-2003, 09:32 PM
One of my faves of yours. To answer your question, the red, but that bluegreen is ready to tackle it. Works well in my opinion.

Unbeliever
09-25-2003, 09:36 PM
painterly & loose
a louder jerryW
focal point(s)?

giniaad
09-26-2003, 11:04 AM
(funny, I thought of Paul Gauguin too)

which color dominates?
(in quantity or essence?)
(and to who's personal eye?
we all see a bit differently...
physically and emotionally)

the yellow pole attracts my eye
but the whole fits together so well

it IS a
don't worry/ be happy painting
me likes

Smileawhyl
09-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Could it be that there is an optical illusion "clouding" dominant color issue? Look at the sky in the upper left-hand corner. It has what looks to me to be an unnatural green cast to it. I still think it is a great painting, but that patch gives more legitimacy to the dominance of green than were the sky more clear and blue, as the brilliance of the scenery would indicate.