PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from India...

reality mason
06-26-2001, 07:23 AM
Hi there,

let me begin by a brief personal introduction,
name: Jivraj Singh / age: 14 / location: India.

Now then, I just found out about wetcanvas.com, and so the first thing that came to my mind was to post up my newest image modelled entirely with MAX R3. It depicts (?) the construction of a submarine. I'd like a nice thorough analysis of the image, with tips on where to improve and how. Thanks,

Jivraj...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jun-2001/crit_sub.jpg

sherville
06-26-2001, 07:41 AM
Hi Jivraj,
First of all welcome to Wetcanvas!
I am really happy to see another Studio Max R3 user on the boards.
A thorough analysis hmmm, I don't think it's possible to pick out anything much that I think needs improvement.
I really like that you have placed a human figure among the mechanical "jungle" because it adds nice contrast.
The only thing I would mention is that the man, although very well modelled, has his arms stuck straight out from his body - not very natural like. This is the only thing that I can see though. :)
I really like this picture, there are some wonderful elements in it that really set it off. I particulary like the contrast between Dark and Light in this picture - something that really makes a 3D Image work is this contrast between Dark and Light (just as it would make a drawn image look good)
Good Work! Please post more whenever you feel like it :)

Shehaub
06-27-2001, 03:55 AM
Beautiful!

Welcome to Wetcanvas!

digistyle
06-27-2001, 11:12 PM
Welcome to WC & good work on this image. I don't know a lot about creating 3D pieces so I can't give you an in-depth critique. But I do know that this works for me. The frame actually seems to have weight. Good job on lighting, also.

digistyle

TMoore
06-27-2001, 11:54 PM
Gregory was telling me about your picture when he was getting ready for bed. He is much inspired!

Gregory's almost out of 'saves' left on his trial version of Rhino. When we got it I was testing to see if his interest was genuine and if he was serious enough about his goals to put the work into it. Well he has. So now I am getting serious about making a decision about a commercial 3D modeler. Here, in this post, I see two votes for Studio Max R3. From your experience with it, would you say that it would be useful to a future product designer? or would Rhino be the way to go?

reality mason
06-28-2001, 05:43 AM
Hmm.. I don't really have much experience as i'm only 14, and I haven't used Rhino either, but if he finds Rhino comfotable, he should go ahead using it. Some of it's features are more intuitive than their counterparts in MAX (such as NURBS), so the learning curve should also be a little less steep in Rhino (my opinion). So go ahead and by him Rhino. MAX is awesome of course but Rhino too is used by professionals to produce some amazing results.