PDA

View Full Version : Tiger

ElleZ
10-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi all,
Here is my latest piece, completed in my Pastel class with Leigh Rust.
It's off at the framers right now, so I might post the tiger again when framed.
Thanks for looking, all C&C welcomed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2013/150751-WaterTiger-OCT13.jpg
This is painted with Leigh Rust' own Pastel (Rusty Tones)

bobbymac
10-17-2013, 04:58 AM
The tiger is done very well but you did a masterful job on the movement of water and reflections. Bob

ElleZ
10-17-2013, 05:38 AM
Thank you Bob, I really enjoyed doing this one, and I appreciate your comments.:)

Christinal
10-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Very nice! I agree about the water and his fur is nice as well. It looks like I could reach out and touch it and it'd feel like wet tiger fur. Love his eye too

AllisonR
10-17-2013, 09:36 AM
I want to hug him. He looks cute, not scary. The muddy green water is nicely done, especially the reflections, and that dullness contrasts so well with his stripes. The eye bugs me though - may be technically correct from glare in photo, but it looks too light, like he has white iris's? If you look at other images, I see pale to medium yellow iris, orange iris, even blue ones.

Ruthie57
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Very well done, especially the water! I agree about the eye. He's obviously looking into the light as his pupil is so small. I wonder if you have the iris too big, or maybe just too light around the edges?
Love the reflections of his whiskers in the water too!

ElleZ
10-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks Christinal, Allison & Ruthie, for all of your nice comments. The tiger is looking into the light, maybe the edges did need to be slightly darker but I am very happy with him, and can learn from comments given here & Leigh, who is my teacher, to improve in lots of areas.

pastel65
10-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Great painting. Pam:wave:

ElleZ
10-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Thankyou Pam.

Mettaphorica
10-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Learning with Leigh Rust must be a treat -- well done!
cheers
Donna

ElleZ
10-17-2013, 11:50 PM
It is great, he has so much enthusiasm for all things art, it is catchy.
Thankyou.

robertsloan2
10-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Great tiger! Love the silly expression, tongue hanging out. I have seen cats do this, and a swimming cat doing it is just amusing. Great reflections, good fur texture and wonderful eyes. Those eyes and the strength of the light are so immersive. He's staring right into the bright light, so he's got those very tiny pupils and they have a great shine to them. It's the reflection on his eye of the broad sky patch that makes his pupils so elegant, I'm drawn right into the scene, know he's watching birds wheeling or something, looking at the sky rather than into the shadows on the banks.

Great depth and sense of dimension too. Good fur texture, especially that the short wiry fur on his neck is a little bit spiky from being damp.

ElleZ
10-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Thankyou Robert, I really appreciate your wonderful comments on my tiger, your words mean a lot to me.