MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-18-2003/943_Simone01.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Simone1
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 130cmx90cm
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Here is painting which is not completely completed and is first of the series on Simone who is lecturer and practising artist here in Melbourne

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Am I missing something?

GreenElf
09-18-2003, 11:03 AM
I like the perspective that you use . the chair , table , main figure of the woman is really good . I liked the shape of the boot that you give like the the leg of the chair , but the boot of the leg that stay under isnt carefull like the upper une.

thedirtymonk
09-18-2003, 02:16 PM
This is superb. As an outsider, this is excellent as is. Why is it that you think it is unfinished? Perhaps it is your acquaintance with the woman is getting in they way.

I love it!
Rock on!

jerryW
09-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I saw this this morning and really liked what was going on.
To me it is a very cubist integration of view down view up and view at- and it is a magical and mental depiction of the character writhing her conditional invitation into her headdy space.

Gilberte
09-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Just dropped in to say I like it .......

designditz
09-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Cant help it.. just love it as is!

vurban
09-18-2003, 08:35 PM
Thank u all for your reply. It is sometimes strange how things can fit together. The painting really started with drawing because she was sitting in her classroom in a strangely twisted position which attracted my attention.....and since everything flawed. When I said that the painting isn't finished I ment that overall composition and colors are in place....just a few cosmetics.
Funny as to the lower leg...its interpretation isn't possible in reality the way it is painted, but I like it for the reason that nobody seems to notice it....and that is usually indication that it works.

vu