PDA

View Full Version : Flowers X2

Cheryl Nielson
10-09-2013, 01:50 AM
This first one is based on an article in Leisure painter Magazine in July '13 by Elizabeth Groves on negative/positive glazing in watercolor.
Sun Flowers
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2013/1375442-IMG_1000asmall.jpg

This next one I just thought the flowers were pretty and the hummer was a bonus! I don't know what the flowers are called...maybe one of you know?
Based on a photo from Birds and Blooms Magazine.
Little Hummer
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2013/1375442-IMG_0950aa_2.jpg

Thanks for viewing!
Cheryl

Charlie's Mum
10-09-2013, 09:02 AM
The second ones are aquilegia flowers Cheryl!:D
Nice work on both!

Do be careful about references though, in case you infringe copyright!

From the User Agreement -
Under Clause 14:

Quote:
14. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to any Content you post or submit to the web site, including but not limited to Content you submit to the Reference Image Library, that use of the information or content you post or submit does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third parties, and that use of the information or content you post or submit will not cause injury to any person or entity. You agree that you will indemnify F+W or its affiliates for all claims resulting from or related to Content you post or submit.

It's OK to use a ref for educational purposes and learning but not for anything to be sold - unless you have permission from the owner of the ref.:D

Cheryl Nielson
10-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks Maureen,
I am not selling any of my pieces...is it still OK to post them?
If it is not...please delete them! Sorry about that...
Cheryl

Vivien Maloney
10-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Beautiful work on both Cheryl.

Copyright is a very tricky subject, and there's been lots of cases in the news lately. The sum of it is; as Maureen's said, you can paint from any picture as long as it's for your own pleasure BUT don't ever sign your name to something you've painted from a source that's not copyright free and of course you can't sell a painting either if it's been painted from a photo that's not copyright free.

olliewood0702
10-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Lovely paintings. The first one is excellent negative painting and I love your palette. The second one of the columbine and hummer is beautiful. Nice job on these!

Cheryl Nielson
10-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Thank you Darla, for your compliment...much appreciated!

justjean
10-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Both are beautiful :thumbsup:

Cheryl Nielson
10-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Thank you Jean! Much appreciated...