PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble October 2013

Shirl Parker
10-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our monthly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and look forward to hearing about them.

:wave:

robertsloan2
10-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Hi Shirl! Thanks for hosting again!

Ari has just had the happiest day of the month, a huge 7 pound bag of Purina One Hairball Formula just got opened today and he had the first wonderful smelly serving fresh from the bag. He always loves that. He's dozing contentedly on a very full tummy having nibbled all day.

DBfarmgirl
10-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Ah yes Robert- the first sniff. My boys are all over that. I fed my late dog Purina One and he did well on it. 7 Pounds of food would last Charlie and Otis 2 days. ouch.

the weather here has been nice, nicer that most of the summer. I'm not sure if the leaves will be pretty here this year or if the goofy weather will dull them.

Just finished canning spagetti sauce. The kitchen looks like Chef Boyardee was ax murdered near my stove. I keep asking myself why I do it, and every year I do it again.....

My husband and son are off on an adventure Friday am- Sunday pm. I don't have to do anything but feed the dogs. I'm painting. all weekend. I have the sketch done on a 48"x48" canvas and I hope to make some progress. And during drying times, I have 2 watercolors that need to be finished. I may lock the door and pretend I'm not home...

I haven't been able to work in pastels most of the summer. My one studio window was being used as a door to the porch roof and I couldn't set up my easel without it blocking acess. it was a long summer.

robertsloan2
10-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Oh wow! Mmmmm ... nice to have a freezer and put up that much spaghetti sauce! You do it for the taste of course. I would if I had a kitchen. I like my own much better than any that comes in a jar.

WOW that's a big canvas. I have never done anything that huge in my life, sounds like it'll be glorious. I have a 36" one though that I just got as a review item so I'll need to do something interesting with it - one of my ideas is to mark it off into sections and use different mediums on different sections, with acrylic bands in between. Like it's a collection of smaller paintings that all happen to be on one canvas.

Sounds like you have a lot of art time to look forward to!

I didn't go out this week, my week off turned into rest and recuperation. I get the feeling that I've been pushing myself hard making it to all those appointments by how much I slept this week. But I'm feeling better for getting all that sleep!

DBfarmgirl
10-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Robert- Enjoy your rest, sounds like you need it. Are you still getting meals delivered?- Hope so.

Homemade spagetti sauce is great but not sure it's worth loosing a whole day for 20 pints and 7 quarts of sauce. I didn't freeze it, I canned. I only have applesauce left to can, that will probibly be next week.

Working on a big canvas has been a learning experience. I didn't have an easel big enough (found a Stanrite on ebay, still want an Avanti II) I had to move into our dining room as my studio is too small. My house isn't really big (1800 sq ft), and finding a place to work has been difficult. I was going to paint on my front porch, but the Asian ladybugs are swarming the house in horror movie amounts and I'd end up with a little more texture than I want. I'm short, so I need a step stool to see the very top of the canvas. mixing paint in jars not on a pallette. The dogs keep bumping into it. So far so good though. I had wanted to do one of the sunflower paintings over since I sold it. So I'm doing it 4 times bigger.... I never worked this big before, not sure I'll do it again, time will tell.

I'll post a progress picture later. Now off to throw some paint around.
I'm enjoying the house to myself a little too much. I haven't cooked or done dishes in over 24 hours!

Christinal
10-05-2013, 03:41 PM
It's nap time here. Sausage (the dog, guess what breed? He's a stray I adopted) is snoring on his recliner. All four kitties (all adopted as well) are scattered around snoozing and generally decorating up the place like kitties do so well. Monster Kitty has been banished to the bedroom due to starting a fight with Calico Kitty.

My kitties also love the Grand Opening of the Food Bag. :D

I'd like to paint some more but my impinged shoulder is killing me. Need. to. do. exercises. :( Actually this :mad: is how I feel about it.

DBfarmgirl
10-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Christinal- My boys slept most of the day too. My husband calls our older lab "the gravity detector", I call him the "napasaurus rex". I love when our animals sleep contently. Nothing more peaceful.

Well I made some progress on the acrylic painting-
Loved working outside. I could make as big a mess as I wanted. fling paint without worry about the walls. The bugs weren't too bad. The ladybugs come in from the south and west, the stinkbugs from the north. I stayed on the north porch and angled it so they wouldn't fly in and stick. I have a new appreciation for people that work outside. I'm not unhappy with the progress I made- I only have about 8 hours in so far. It is really less garish than the picture.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Oct-2013/215035-IMG_7936_crop.jpg

robertsloan2
10-06-2013, 03:11 AM
DB, wow! That's a great progress shot. No, I'm sure it's not that garish in person, it doesn't look that garish to me right now so much as unfinished. I love the shapes of the folded petals you mapped out too. So lively!

LOL "napasaurus rex" gravity detector dog! I can see it!

Aww Christina, must be so beautiful those four decorative kitties. I hope one of them comes up and does kitty massage on your injured shoulder.

I've gotten a ginormous 36" square canvas that I need to take out of the tube and assemble onto its stretchers, then figure out what to paint on something that huge. One possibility is that I might mark off sections and paint borders in black acrylic, then do different mediums and techniques in the sections so it's a collection of smaller paintings all on the same large canvas. Rather than trying to paint something that enormous.

Either that or I'll paint something big on it, a dragon or a big cat. Have to decide medium too. I miss my oil sticks, they were so huge that they'd be perfect for working that big.

DBfarmgirl
10-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Robert- This canvas was purchased for a different project that I talked myself out of. I have missed the smaller (24"x24") version of this painting after I sold it in July so I felt the need to do it again. 4 times as big. I plan to work on it most of today too.
I have a couple other big ones waiting for me. 36x36, 30x30, 24x48. and a couple more 24x24s. I have ideas for 1 or 2, the rest will be there when something hits me. You'll think of something for your big canvas. I'd assemble it and wait for inspiration. I'm working in acrylic, I think that's about the easiest medium for large canvases.

Ok, I gave in and ran the dishwasher, but that hardly counts as housework. I have frozen dinners for meals today, so it will be 36 hours of no dishes and no cooking!

robertsloan2
10-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Excellent! Good idea to use frozen dinners and just toss the containers when you're done. Let creativity reign!

Weather shifted here in San Francisco and my bad hip and knee are howling. Having some trouble sleeping because of that, waking up on the pill schedule rather than sleeping through. Very annoying, that doesn't happen very often and this time it's not overexertion. It's just something in the air or the outside temperature.

Christinal
10-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Robert, of course, I think you should do a big Ari on your canvas. :D But I'm a kitty lover. I'm sorry to hear you're in pain. I have back problems and have been in pain 24/7 since 1999. You have my sympathy and understanding. Pain is a vampire that sucks the life out of a person.

DB, lol, I love "napasaurus rex." I'm going to try to use that one on my dog. And AWESOME sunflower (!!) and I agree that it doesn't look garish now. Is this going in your house? I used to live in Missouri and that was the first time I'd ever experienced that plague of Asian ladybugs. Yikes!

DBfarmgirl
10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Robert- as I get older the weather brings out every old injury I ever had. I imagine it's worse with chronic conditions. Hopefully it will change soon.
frozen dinners are great when I'm by myself. I love the Indian (they have an awesome spinach dish) and Thai ones. It was a nice relaxing weekend- now back to reality.

Christinal- thanks. It's getting there. I'm guessing it will hang somewhere in my house though with all the windows and doors of this old house I can think of only a couple walls where it will fit. I think it would be nice hanging in a bank or something, but I don't really have much of a market here.

Here's the update- made some progress. I'm not able to work on it today as my schedule is a little fractured and I need some uninterupted time. Now would be a great time to start something in pastels.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Oct-2013/215035-IMG_7948_crop.jpg

Christinal
10-07-2013, 02:27 PM
I agree it'd be gorgeous in a big bank, but it's so beautiful and grand and bright I'd have a hard time not putting it in my house! I love huge art, huge flowers, and bright colors so I'm really looking forward to watching this progress.

robertsloan2
10-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Love your big sunflower painting! It's gorgeous.

Big canvas needs to wait for a good day when I can open the tube and get it out and assemble it. So I'll think about it. I like that idea of a larger than life Ari painting, Christina, though I was really getting tempted to do a big dinosaur because I've always wanted to own a good museum quality dinosaur painting. I won't combine those ideas though. Ari is not fond of birds to begin with and dinos are much bigger and scarier!

Yes, he's scared of sparrows flying up into his face to beat his nose with their wings. It happened once and traumatized him, he didn't go back to bird watching for months. Birds are supposed to be safely on the other side of the glass.

DB, I love that big sunflower! It's coming out so gorgeous. Those petals are so fascinating in their shapes and twists. I hope you keep this one and hang it in your house. You sold the smaller one so this is for you. Yay for pastels! Instant gratification and something to do when you don't have as much time to work on the big one.

Hehehe - you tempt me too much, Christina, now I'm picturing a big Ari portrait hanging on my wall and that'd be both the Soft Option and the striking beauty to grab everyone's attention immediately on coming into my room. I'd have to put him over the bed where I can see it from my chair and anyone coming in sees it.

Still fighting my back, knee and hip. Back is starting to get worse on account of all the standing and stretching to try to relieve the hip. Eh, it's chronic, so it's going to do this till the weather changes and then I'll have good time again. I can't predict that, just take the meds and hope for a change. Was supposed to go out today and I'm not up to it, so skipped a therapy appointment.

If it was massage therapy I'd have gone, but talk therapy isn't going to relieve that problem. I am seriously debating replacing "therapist" with "PT" now that I know the right PT would be doing Joint Compression and Massage Therapy instead of forcing me into exercises I can't do so that they can personally see the trial and error of my destroying my body on things that are good for abled people. I know what to look for now and it sounds more tempting the more I think of it.

Happy little personal things. My sister bought me a new reference book "Prehistoric Life" a visual encyclopedia. It's not what I thought, illustrations by gouache and oil painters and all, typical dino illustrations. They're all digital and very, very realistic like photographers were looking at Cambrian sea life and Pleistocene mammals. Plus lots of actual photos of fossils in it - and I could treat those fossil photos as references for reconstructions just the same as looking at actual fossils. It's not copying the photo to visualize it in three dimensions and decide what color it is and rearrange it into a coherent painting.

I used to have the Field Guide to Prehistoric Life and this is something on that order, but has more entries and better illustrations. So that's a lot of fun. I also finally got new sweat pants. When they arrived, I found out that the lady I asked to guess my size was right. Size M... that's a little trippy since I haven't worn size M anything for decades. I was a bit nervous till I tried them on but now they're so comfortable and look so good.

So that's my good news. I'm having a bad day but I do have some good news and might be up to doing something today as long as I don't get out of my chair, like sketch in pastels or oil pastels. Might play with Pans.

Pan Pastel got nasty on me and invented six new Metallic Colors that I must have, absolutely must save up for and get. The idea of having metallic Pans is just too awesome. Saw the demo video and liked how they looked, though I know what I'll do with them too. They would rock for doing metallic backgrounds in still lifes, just planes of sheer metallic color and then accents in this and that per value and hue. I also wonder if the light silver and light gold would mix well with cold or warm colors to get metallic purple, green, orange, whatever...

DBfarmgirl
10-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Christinal- Thanks. I'm not sure where I'm going to hang it here. The house is a typical old farmhouse layout with lots of windows and a very divided layout, so lots of doors. My husband asked where it was going to go, I said it just needed to be done, I haven't thought about where to put it. I worked a little on it a little, will post pictures later.

Robert- Thank you. I vote a big Ari too. Big enough to scare the birds off.
I hope you're feeling better. I love a theraputic massage, if it doesn't fix things, it still makes you feel better.
I saw the metalics too they're neat. I've been tempted by the new GA 1/2 sticks.

Christinal
10-09-2013, 11:09 PM
My goodies from Blick arrived today. Woohoo! I've got a couple of pencils in each brand, some Rembrandt sticks, and some Spectrafix. Looking forward to playing with them tomorrow.

Robert, I gotta say a big dinosaur would be awesome. I'd love to see that. I'm in chronic pain and love massage. That's an appt I will never cancel no matter how I feel. I get a little bit of joint work and stretching by my PT at the end of a session and it really, really helps as well. Due to finances I had to stop my back massage, which was really helping. Looking forward to getting back to that.

DB, my house is kind of that way although it's not old. Lots of doors and windows using up all my good wall space though.

robertsloan2
10-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Christina, that totally rocks! Post a photo of your new goodies. I get almost as much fun out of seeing others' new supplies as buying more for myself.

You're tempting me to the dinosaur now, which is good. I did always want to have one that was almost a mural in my home. 36" square is huge.

I hope I can get into PT sometime. It might make a big difference. Previous therapist used to give me a lot of energy from every session, this one's just not as good at encouraging me - something's not clicking with him. I get frustrated with him and come away feeling down and annoyed instead of encouraged and ready to try harder to do something.

elisehbeck
10-12-2013, 05:31 AM
I haven't posted or painted for ages. First we were horribly crowded in the old flat -I had nowhere to paint except the living room table. Then my brother called to say mum is dead. She was 58 and just finished her PhD and it was a stupid accident with no good reason. Hate it. I flew back to australia for a month. Now I'm back in Berlin. We moved house and there's more space, but the builders have stored a bunch of stuff in my room where I want to set up. I should get to work anyway but I've just felt so exhausted and... I don't know, disconnected from things. But doing nothing feels awful so I'm going to try to make a work plan. Do you guys just paint when you feel like it or do you have plans and routines? I want to get serious and I live at home so I need some structure, some plan to help me get moving.
Elise

getdusty
10-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Oh Elise, I am so sorry to hear about your mum. Your world is just topsy turvy now, but will settle down in time. I am not very disciplined and so paint when I feel like it or at class. A nagging voice in my head tells me that if I were really serious, I would make time every day. One of my excuses is that I do not have a space at least partly dedicated (one of my goals this month). For myself, when my life is in chaos, I go play in the dirt in my garden. Hope you feel better soon.

robertsloan2
10-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Elise, that's so rough. It's natural you feel disrupted and torn apart. Every one of your habits in life has been broken suddenly and you're living in a new place where you have to do serious cleaning up to get a space to paint! Don't beat yourself for feeling uninspired.

Your mom died. Your grief is real and grief doesn't know a calendar. Don't beat yourself up for feeling disconnected or not getting things done. Your life did get that severely disrupted. Do what you can to make yourself feel better, in every possible way take care of yourself.

Daily sketching might be a good idea. Set the goal so low that no matter how you feel, you can manage it - could be a thirty second gesture or doodle, just say hello to your art every day. With all your habits gone that one is cracking the door open again to painting. Some days will be better than others, sometimes ideas for paintings will come along, indulge them when they do. Welcome them and at least scribble thumbnails of the ideas.

That bites that the builders stored stuff in your art room. If you can, try to get that stuff entirely out of there even if it has to go somewhere else in your home that's inconvenient. If not at least try to get it shoved to one side where you can reclaim some of your space, or organize your supplies so that you've got a tray or basket or something where you can carry enough supplies out to the living room to paint there.

Painting is also a way to express grief, face the feelings and let them flow. Either abstracts themed on an emotion, or symbolic paintings, or doing a portrait of the lost loved one can help.

Making a work plan can really help. That's a great idea. That's what I did last month and it pulled me out of my depression - the more I worked on it, the more realistic it got and the more I began to believe I could do it. That everything on it is within my real abilities. As soon as I finished it, wow, I started getting enthusiastic about my new novel. It's sort of the same thing because I have always been that serious about my writing. I haven't written with that kind of passion in years because I thought it'd just get stuffed in my hard drive and thrown out when I die. Now that I know I'll be putting these to print, I'm excited about the new one.

You know best for you. I'm only throwing support and giving you the advice I need to hear.

I want to get used to being able to both write and paint, not have "Writing" and "Painting" be mutually exclusive habits. They were for too long. I'd like to be able to relax after doing the day's chapter with doing a painting. So I would like to paint more often, fill my sketch wall, spend more time with my pastels again.

Get Dusty, I sort of mean that for you too, the daily sketching thing. If you try a daily gesture sketch and commit to "at least 30 seconds spent at art" it will get to be a habit, breaking the habit of not doing any art except at longer intervals. It'l get to be relaxing and grow from there, sometimes the little gestures put me in the mood to do more and lead to spending an hour or several hours doing something good.

Maybe that's what I need to do - daily sketching and daily writing. At least my journal (offline journal) entry of at least 100 words and at least a thumbnail sketch of something daily. Heh, it's the middle of the month and I'm coming up with a different goal, but if I really want to be able to do both art and writing in the same life, I need to do something! (And when I start giving people advice it's usually the adivce I need to hear.)

getdusty
10-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Thanks, Robert. I need to break free of the mindset that all needs to be in order for me to paint and just be willing to pick up my little sketchbook and do a little drawing or a value study or something. As my pastels instructor says..."just make a mark". Guess I should listen to him (and you).

elisehbeck
10-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Thanks Robert, that all sounds like great advice. I have been reading different books and things about how great work in any area comes with a lot of quality time, and that usually means routines and habits. In fact yestersay I did start with some of my sketching exercises - they're a bit like scales on the piano, and it got me started without pressure. I also found just getting back on wetcanvas motivated me to clear my typing desk and set it up for sketching. I'll have to do my editing in the living room for now, but that's fine.
Thanks again. You're part of why wetcanvas is so good <3
Elise

elisehbeck
10-13-2013, 04:09 AM
Thanks dusty. I find when I don't do my work for a long time I get really down. So I have to make it a habit every day. But then I also want to make all these other habits - cooking, cleaning, exercise, meditation, and so on. The question is what's most urgent, and what helps me feel motivated to do the other things. Interestingly it turns out tidying the house just a little makes me feel able to do other useful things, even though cleaning is definitely not my "real" work, if you know what I mean.
Cheers, Elise

elisehbeck
10-13-2013, 04:14 AM
Oh, I just remembered. Robert, I have read a couple of books recently about people who healed from loss or got their lives together with the help of.... kitties. I just have this suspicion you might love them as much as I did. One is called "cleo" and the other is "a street cat named bob".
Cheers
Elise

Christinal
10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
I highly recommend kitties as therapy. :)

I have to work around chronic pain and a disease that affects my energy level in unpredictable ways so sticking to a schedule is impossible for me. It only made me feel like a failure. My only "rule" is to try to do a bit each day even if it's just a stroke and to work on stuff when I have energy, which is before I do anything else.

Elisehbeck, please accept my sympathies about your mom. I can't even imagine.

Dusty, I thought having a space would help me but it hasn't. To be honest I prefer to sketch/paint while piled up on the couch watching TV. I'm comfortable and my mind is relaxed. I'm going to eventually create an award-winning piece of art of my TV remote, lol.

Robert, PT is hard enough even if you have a therapist you like. :X I have a pic around here of my goodies and I'll post it. I love to see stuff like that too! Although when I spread it out on the counter I was shocked at how little I got for so much $$. :D

elisehbeck
10-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Thankyou, Christinal.
I also have energy troubles, but not too severe, but I love making new plans and schedules. I rarely stick to them, but I'm gradually doing more things every day so maybe they do help somehow.
Cheers
Elise

Christinal
10-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Thankyou, Christinal.
I also have energy troubles, but not too severe, but I love making new plans and schedules. I rarely stick to them, but I'm gradually doing more things every day so maybe they do help somehow.
Cheers
Elise

I know just what you mean. Planning is fun!:D

robertsloan2
10-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Christina, that's what put me off PT for a long time - that it would chew up so much of my energy reserves I wouldn't have a life if I tried it. However, what I found out is that with my reserves and conditions, a PT would be doing things like massage therapy, joint compression or hippatherapy (horse assisted therapy) - treatments that would leave me coming back with a net energy gain. Difficulty's relative. Every time I get massage or chiropracty, I come out feeling better than I went in, so it's not hard at all. Rather the reverse. Normal life is so hard for me that it's a relief.

As for structured calisthenics, they're all designed for symmetrical standard bodies with an injury and so tend to do me great pain with no gain. To the point that my personal motto is "pain means no gain." If I can do it without self injury I enjoy it and come out feeling better.

This is limited to pretty specific self designed activities like dance - freeform dance where I'm the one choreographing moment to moment what I can do or not. I turn the need to rest into slow floor moves and if I'm up to it at all, it looks amazing, difficult and graceful. I also came up with some minor isometrics that work with my walker or other supports to help strengthen my upper body, it's doing good things for my upper body. The key is not pushing it though, doing it on impulse during good moments or in passing when I get up for something else like the bathroom or coffee or stretching because I'm stiff. I sometimes listen to music and dance in my chair without using my lower body if I'm having a bad-hip day, it helps circulation.

PTs who do either pediatric or geriatric patients understand about physical limits and don't try to aggressively normatize the patient. They get disabled patients at a much higher rate than those mostly working with injured adults. There the goal's to restore normal function as fast as possible or optimize it and simultaneously teach all the adaptations a long term disabled person has worked out by trial and error.

Big difference. If PT is ever that hard, I'm going to the wrong PT.

Cat therapy, oh yes! Ari is now an official, licensed Emotional Support Cat for my PTSD and fibromyalgia. He does wonders. He also is actually doing the job, he earned his designation. He's alert to exactly my physical and emotional condition. He knows when to interrupt me and when not to, he will always interrupt if I'm moping or depressed. Sudden enthusiastic loving from a cat cuts past all internal depressive thoughts. The "aww you are so lovable" reaction cuts right past it. He also literally does cat massage sometimes on my bad leg. He'll calm me very fast from any shock with his purring reminder that no, all is not lost. No matter who doesn't like me or why, I am loved by a cat who's a much more important person in my life and much choosier than most humans.

Christina, would love to see your new goodies! I know the feeling that sometimes it's a tiny package for lots of $ but they are such a thrill.

I'm going to get to review the new metallic Pan Pastels, a sample is on its way to me! Hasn't arrived yet but I am so thrilled about it. Can't wait to try it. I did mention I wanted to try silver as a mixing color so I hope there's silver in the package - that'd be the top most useful metallic color in my opinion, mixable with anything else for an iridescent effect.

I've done that successfully with metallic gouache in the past and so I've got some cool ideas of what to do when it comes. Heck, any of the colors might mix if I choose right on what to mix it with.

I know what you mean about curling up on the couch to paint. Sometimes it's better to have the right comfort space to let go and create instead of setting up something spread out and formal that takes more effort to get up and go do it than being able to just start on impulse. If I did have a good studio I'd probably still always keep some supplies right next to where I usually sit by the computer, because those little studies and things are the step toward planning or wanting to do a big painting.

As for scheduling around chronic illness - yep. Same here. It could be the weather or what I ate or when I ate. It could be anything that either leaves me sleeping long hours for days or suddenly having a good day and seizing it for something bigger than usual. It's more like rocket men waiting for launch windows than someone creating a schedule - if they had no way to predict launch windows and had to seize it when the weather cleared.

That is exactly what I do. I try to do one thing a day. When I get days that I don't do anything (and having home care over counts as that one thing because it takes attention, planning and remembering), it's very frustrating. What I've built up lately is daily journaling to stay connected with my writing.

What I should try next is daily thumbnails to stay connected with art while in writing mode, but that's a tricky one since I tend to immerse in either. If I don't do much art in November, it doesn't mean I'm slobbing off or even having a bad time. I'll be posting novel progress in Goal Post too along with artworks done in any mediums.

Elise, yes! Oh yes on habits. If I can get a habit going that I routinely draw and paint, it leaves me wanting to do more later or around the habit. Keeps me connected. WetCanvas is good for that too, if I come back here I want to paint. Sometimes get interfered with, like get in the mood and then home care comes or get sick, but the urge grows.

One thing I started doing was taking plein air stuff with for every single appointment. I can count on at least half an hour wait time at one end or the other of transit just by how transit works. To guarantee being on time I have to leave an hour before the appointment with more than a half hour margin not counting transit time. So I wait either on my street or out in front of the clinic or in waiting room. Result, that's sketching time and lately I'm surprised to find my art journal is just about full. Time to start a new one about that size.

And yesterday I finally did my Spotlight, so I'm very relieved that I did at least one decent pastel this month. I like how it came out but now I'm itching for Pans or sticks.

CM Neidhofer
10-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone. (If anyone remembers me!) I've been out of the loop here for a long, long time. It's been nine months since Bruce passed away. I ended up moving to Nebraska. Now I work for Walmart here. I share a house with two other co-workers and it's working out nicely!

I haven't painted since before Bruce died. My eyes were giving me problems, along with caring for him. I just recently finally got in for an eye exam for new glasses and found out now I have cataracts! Have a consultation with the surgeon on the 30th. Vision has gotten worse over the last few months. Everything is blurry, fuzzy, double, hazy. I can see objects, but not details, even up close now.

But my new home has a great room for my art studio and everything is set up and waiting for me to be able to see again, and then I can paint again!

I'm a little bummed out, but trying to hang in there. Still working, as hard as it is to see sometimes, but I pretty much know my register like the back of my hand, so it's not too bad.

Just got my desktop set up again last night. I've checked in periodically with my phone, but it's hard to see anything on it at the moment.

Just thought I'd check in and let you know I'm still alive! Haven't had time to read through all the posts yet, but it's good to see everyone else is still here! :)

robertsloan2
10-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Welcome back, Christine! You have been through so much, between Bruce and the move, I can imagine how rough it's been. I missed you a lot. So glad to see you online again.

I am glad you're going to have your cataracts taken care of, that is such a nightmare. It's great that you have space for a studio though and everything set up for when you can see again. Your paintings are so spectacular and your posts were always interesting and inspiring. Take care of yourself and don't put off your eye treatment!

Ari purrs at you and sheds Cat Hairs of Inspiration.

Shirl Parker
10-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Time for a new chat thread. Click here. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19841348#post19841348)