PDA

View Full Version : Hallie the Daschund xposted in A&W

Sarah Dowson
09-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Hallie the Daschund
Thank you Halo for the reference photo found in the library.
Soft Pastel and some pastel pencils on UART 400
Size 10"x8"
The actual painting looks much nicer than this. It's not a good scan

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Sep-2013/1304117-Daschund_finished_web.jpg

DAK723
09-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Looks good to me!

Don

pastel65
09-27-2013, 09:51 PM
It's very nice. You know we always hear that you need to view a painting at a certain distance and then on WC we end up with close ups. Your painting looks great but I know what you mean about the actual painting is better. I have posted a few that once I posted I wish I hadn't, but framed and up on the wall I really like them. Pam :wave:

allydoodle
09-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Nice work! I find that scans do not work well for my pastels, I have to take a digital photo and upload it to my computer. It's always difficult to get a good photo of artwork, getting the colors and value is always a struggle. This looks great!

Mettaphorica
10-01-2013, 05:27 AM
I'm with Chris on the digital photo thing -and yes, the colours can sometimes be off and you need to tweak it in Photoshop or some other photo editing program just to get it looking as close to real as possible.
I think you've done a lovely job on him.
cheers
Donna

bnoonan
10-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Sometimes no matter what you do, the photos are never as good as the actual painting. What a face... that stare is intense..... B :)

irmaleo
10-02-2013, 01:30 AM
What a character in this dog! very nice! And yes photo's are always... makes me sometimes "crazy".... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sarah Dowson
10-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Just to say thank you to you all for your comments. The actual painting looks gorgeous.
I try not to scan my pictures because my scanner is playing up, sometimes they look good and sometimes not.
When I can, I go outside in natural light which is much better. However, it has been overcast and wet for what seems forever. I live in a small cottage and space is limited as to where I could set up somewhere to photograph in doors.
I have just purchased a good daylight lamp, so I may be able to use that.