PDA

View Full Version : "Eye of the Storm" Turned out more like water...

KenzieMiller
09-25-2013, 01:31 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Sep-2013/1360657-gif_storm.gif

Alright here's another of mine...I'm a little disappointed in this because I was going for the idea of a stormy situation, ended up looking like she is underwater (from what I've been told anyways...). Also, she is dead center and the neck is a little screwy. Other than that, what do you guys think? C&C very welcome.

Acrylic - 32" x 24"

Dana Design
09-25-2013, 11:45 AM
It's beautiful! Perhaps the darkness under her chin is a bit too wide but other than that, I love it!

La_
09-25-2013, 01:24 PM
and the darkness at the bottom of the neck too narrow - i'd let the dark 'water' come up a bit more

i like it tho, a 'sharks eye view' ... pretty cool

la

KenzieMiller
09-25-2013, 03:04 PM
It's beautiful! Perhaps the darkness under her chin is a bit too wide but other than that, I love it!

Agreed. The whole neck area is bad...If I was going back to it, I might just take it out completely. Thanks for the comment:)

and the darkness at the bottom of the neck too narrow - i'd let the dark 'water' come up a bit more

i like it tho, a 'sharks eye view' ... pretty cool

la

Yeah there is a sharp edge down there. I might go back just to get rid of that. Thanks!

Andrewcody
09-25-2013, 11:59 PM
The Eyes Head and Neck of the Storm perhaps?

Personally I think it is not bad, the problem is the title

Regards
Andrew

gebhm
09-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Wonderful work. Looks like she is in a whirlpool to me. Great concept.

KenzieMiller
09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
My idea was that she was looking out of turmoil, hence eye of the storm...the only problem is that it looks like water and not a stormy situation. I'll have to reconsider the title. I'm glad you guys like it! Thanks for the comments:)

AllisonR
09-27-2013, 04:04 AM
I like it as well. Keep the painting, switch the title, try again with another painting. And please upload jpeg images, not gif. All those index colored specs make it very hard to see what your actual painting looks like.

KenzieMiller
09-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks! I definitely will. I tried to upload jpeg files but it wouldn't let me. I'll try it again though.

ispyart
10-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Theres a wonderfull movement to the picture, it may well look like its underwater but i actually like that

Joe'sHottie
10-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I think it's beautiful . . . but definitely not stormy. I wonder if it's the color choice - these are both calming colors to me and do not read as 'turmoil' or 'high stress or high energy'. I agree with Andrew - change the title and be a peace with it.

KenzieMiller
10-14-2013, 02:38 AM
Thank you! Which colors would you have used? Hmm..

Kory
10-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Thats really cool, I like it a lot, not much I can say as far as critique, looks good!

KenzieMiller
10-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Thank you so much!

Ishka Baha
10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Amazing piece of work.

antonius block
10-18-2013, 07:57 PM
nice concept!
what works:
the choppiness of your strokes goes a long way toward conveying "storminess". i think you rendered the lips especially well.

areas for improvement:
the overall composition works against the storminess i think you are trying to convey. though truncated, the circular shape is static and the face being in the center along both the x and y axes gives a stability to the piece that (maybe?) you didn't intend.

edit: typo, reword some things

KenzieMiller
10-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks! and I agree. The more I look at it, the more I think it needs some things (objects, colors, lines, etc.) joining the the two sides together. Maybe this would help, maybe not. I guess we'll see next time!