PDA

View Full Version : Dune

Mado
09-21-2013, 08:27 AM
This is on Canson mi teintes.50x30 cm.diffrent brands.
I am not very happy with the sand but there is not much I can do now as the paper is quite saturated.

C&c welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Sep-2013/974816-dune.jpg

Theodorablau
09-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi, Mado, the sand looks good to me, I really like it. I particularly like the violet shadows.
A suggestion: I would consider softening the horizon line of the sea and gray the turquoise down a bit towards the distance to make it look less flat.
Like the sense of light in this.

Mado
09-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Great suggestion ! TY Dorothea, I am going to try it asap.

NRC
09-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Beautiful light and palette. Really like how the purple/mauve shadows also connect the greens, and calms greens. Follow the little dune ridge lower left it runs into the base of the triangular patch of sunlit sand. I might have softened away that dark line approaching and at the base of the triangle (leaving grasses, etc) to let ridge shapes of light and shadow carry me along to curve back into the painting. Sand looks good; reads sand.

Bringer
09-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Those sand tones are awesome.
I'd tone down the sea to make it receed, especially its background.
Otherwise, it's a top notch work.

gecko99
09-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm just blown away by that gorgeous bush! Great work!

Nicole

sketchZ1ol
09-22-2013, 02:01 AM
hello
a very strong sense of large shapes , and depth !

the mi-tentes can be 'de-loaded ' with a soft sable brush , and/or ( tediously ) lifted with a kneaded eraser ;
to minimize overspill , tilt the top of the backer-board forward ,
or , if flat , push the excess dust into a pile and lift with the putty .

that broad purple line on the dune near-center bothers me , for some reason ...

Ed

toniov
09-22-2013, 06:08 AM
Light is beautiful !

neddelta
09-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Wow -- I love everything about this painting (besides what others have commented on, I admire the subtle waves near in the lower left)! Do, though, level the horizon line (compare the distance from the top of the paper to the horizon on the left and on the right).

Best, Evelyn

Mado
09-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks a lot for your comments. They really help me to see what is right and wrong.
Unvaluable !