PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Drawing Thin Lines

Synne
09-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm working on a project, and I need help coming up with solutions to my dilemma. I typically use a ruling pen to apply plaka paint to my illustration boards, but the thinnest my lines go with the ruling pen is around .75-1mm in width. I have to figure out a way to make consistent .25mm straight lines with the plaka paint, so if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate any help I can get!

Any other methods I can try? The lines have to be perfectly straight and crisp and have to be painted on with plaka and nothing else. Thank you so much for any suggestions!

Jbyrd117
10-03-2013, 09:35 PM
You could try coating the edge of a ruler with the paint and setting it onto your surface.

Andrew
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
I know this is a little late. But since you are already familar with ruling pen, you could continue on that route, just go with a finer pen head. They do come in a variety of sizes, but may be difficult to find as that type of technical drawing has been rendered out moded by CAD.

Another option would be a tradition dip pen, using a small (crow quill) nibs a #99 to a #107, which all do fine to superfine line and vary in flexibility.

Andrew

trapper36
01-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Synne:

I dont even know what plaka paint is but I'll google it later.

With oils or acrylics, I have seen people use a pizza cutter to draw lines.

So, would that work for you.

COusley615
01-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Synne:

I dont even know what plaka paint is but I'll google it later.

With oils or acrylics, I have seen people use a pizza cutter to draw lines.

So, would that work for you.

Pizza cutter! Gotta remember that!
thanks!

Chris:cool: