View Full Version : Designs with WC
09-16-2013, 08:57 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2013/31507-001DESIN_brown_orange.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2013/31507-02design.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2013/31507-desing_tones.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2013/31507-blue-ormg.jpg
I'm just working out some tonal ideas, any thought or tips to strenghten these.
All CC most welcomed.
09-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I like the ones with plenty of contrast most, #1,2 and 4.
09-16-2013, 10:32 AM
I like these... #4 is gorgeous... I love the use of complements...
09-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Hi John, As far as tonal values, you seem to have captured it. They all have good tonal values. The best is the 2nd, the one with the orange "T" a little off center top. This has many compositional concepts working correctly.
The rest all have some areas of composition that could use some improvement.
1. Good to have major shapes tied together in some areas: large dominate (house with tree and figure - or color, value, structure: circle, line, etc), medium (group of flowers, distant hills), small (things that break up space in unused areas)
2. On outside edges, no two spaces should be the same length.
3. Beware of objects, lines, etc. going to a corner point.
4. Don't divide paper in half with design, horizontally or vertical.
5. Have a center of interest, and make sure it's not centered.
6. Have repeats in color, line, etc.
09-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Great tips, and I thank you all for taking the time to comment.
09-19-2013, 02:36 PM
YOur abstract paintings are WONDERFUL!
vBulletin® v3.5.8, Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.