PDA

View Full Version : A trip to Firenze

Mado
09-14-2013, 08:39 AM
On La carte, 35 x 20 cm, different brands : Conté, Sennelier, Schmincke.
From a personnal photo but nothing to do with reality.
Just another experiment with color.:cat:
C&C welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2013/974816-firenze.jpg

RSako
09-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Nice painting! Your colors are beautiful.

kruglovfinearts
09-14-2013, 11:28 AM
this is fantastic!

The only suggestions I can offer to possibly try if you do another version are compositional:

1. you focal point happens to be the light area of the house on the left bottom side. That's where the biggest difference in contrast is and it draws your eye there, however it happens to be too far over on the edge, making it in a bit of a weird spot. It makes it hard for the viewer to take in the whole scene without instantly focusing there. Moving it slightly to the right and placing it according to the rule of thirds would help.

2. the 2 farthest buildings are the same value and color as the one in the front and it takes away from the sense of distance. The third, smaller building in the back looks great, if the others had similar value (via adding some sky or complementary color) that would help with aerial perspective :)

Other than that the execution, shadows, color choices, is all perfect :)

water girl
09-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Your palette is beautiful! The cool colors against the warm colors make this sing! The lines in the foreground trees add a bit of movement, which is interesting. I agree about the focal point. If you want, you could lower the value of the light side of those far buildings. Think about it for a while before pick up a stick. It's quite lovely...as is.

Mado
09-15-2013, 03:45 AM
Thanks a lot RSako, Kruglovfinearts and Karen.

I agree : the focal point is badly placed and the far away buildings are too light (and also too big).I'll deemphasize them.

toniov
09-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Beautiful balance of colors in this !

Mado
09-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks, glad you like it :)