GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: tangerines by candlelight
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8 1\2x11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I created this with the fact that the candle was warped...it seemed kind of unique to me...but now looking at it, I can't help but wonder if I should have altered the candle to make it look more square.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would like to know anything about any of it..bad or good...I really am just starting out as an artist, and have had no courses...hmmm...maybe I should take some ..LOL...but really any feedback is...well....honest feedback!!

bottleman
09-17-2003, 02:52 AM
The warped candle doesn't bother me. I question the back left tangerine. Not only does it not seem to 'sit' on the table the same way the other objects do (same angle/height), but I wonder if it's necessary at all:

markr
09-17-2003, 05:26 PM
I think the candle is the thing that's really floating off the table (where does this table begin and end?) here. Take a look at this painter, Georges De La Tour, if you really want to see how to get that candle LIGHT!
Thanks,
Mark

GlitterBunny
09-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Hmmm...I think you're both right...

The pastel really does look better without that tangerine...Thanks for your input, Bottleman! :D

About the table...I know exactly what you're saying and this is something I ALWAYS struggle with!! I was sort of looking down at the table which was covered with a blue cloth...but it's a large table and the edges never really made it into the scene, I get lost with what's the proper way to distinguish the edges.
Thanks for the info on the painter too, I'll check that out Markr! :)