PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Problems with artistsnetwork.tv

Yorky
09-10-2013, 04:50 AM
Several reports of problems here: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19775629#post19775629

When will something be done?

Doug

jenniferlepore
09-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Please see link for exciting information :)

Yorky
09-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Well, I watched the Birgit O'Connor video, and there was no bufferring unless I tried to move it along. I could pause and resume without any problem.

A better result than previously :crossfingers:

Doug

jenniferlepore
09-13-2013, 03:38 PM
That's great, Doug.
We haven't even updated the player yet, but glad to hear this one works for you.
All best,
Jennifer

MarkJBrader
09-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Miss Lapore
Just tried to watch 'Anatomy of the Head'. Consistently, at about the five minute mark, it jumps to the 2:11 mark and asks if I want to play it again.
I have some different OS/browser choices available, and will try them, but this symptom is very unusual compared to other problems I have occasionally had with your service.

Mark Brader

MarkJBrader
09-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Well, perhaps the snark was a Boojum.

I had been using firefox on Ubuntu linux. I booted over to Windows, and tried both Firefox and IE, and both worked fine. I then booted back to Ubuntu, and tried Firefox again, and the problem had disappeared.

So I suppose it was something that occurred through the net between us, or a temporary hiccup on one end or another.

Sorry to have notified you before I fully tested all possibilities.

Mark J Brader

jenniferlepore
09-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Glad all is working for you, Mark! Thanks for letting us know.
Enjoy the video.
All best,
Jennifer

jenniferlepore
10-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Please check out the newly redesigned www.ArtistsNetwork.tv! It is up and running and has many new features you will love :)

Yorky
10-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Yes I did notice the change Jennifer. I saw th new layout and watched the Susan Webb Tregay video right through with several pauses (mine) and no buffering. I didn't try scrubbing back and forth but I will try it. I think I saw more watercolour videos than before?

PS Yes, scrubbing seems to work :thumbsup: This means that I can resume from a previous point even if I close the window.

Doug

Yorky
10-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Well, I have watched one full video and part of a second and have come across a glitch. They occasionally stop and replay a few seconds of speech then continue.

Doug

Yorky
10-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Just tried watching the Johannes Vloothuis Watercolor Painting Essentials video and I found it had reverted to the old player with the orange introduction. It also hesitated and the sound was out of sync, then it crashed with an "unable to stream content" type error. I restarted it and found I couldn't scrub forward to the point where it crashed. :rolleyes:

Doug

jenniferlepore
10-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi Doug, The new player is still only as good as your internet connection--so while it does have more flexibility now (to adjust automatically to the quality of your connection at the moment) it could still have times where it buffers as your connection fluctuates.
All best,
Jennifer
_________

Yorky
10-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Trying to respond to today's antv email shot I find artistsnetwork.tv is not responding.

Doug

Yorky
12-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Having problems again with artistsnetwork.tv - can't stream the videos.

Here's the error message:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2013/1046-ANTVerror.jpg

I have no problem watching video from other sites and have been able to watch the recent Stephen Quiller videos before.

Doug

jenniferlepore
12-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi Doug,
Thanks for alerting us that you are having trouble with viewing videos on Artistsnetwork.tv.
Please let me know if you are experiencing issues, and send me your email address or phone so our customer service team can contact you to remedy the situation, or you can contact the team direct here at any time:

ArtistsNetwork.TV
F+W Media, Inc.
4700 E. Galbraith Road 
Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
715-445-2214 (1-855-842-5289)
715-445-4087 FAX
e-Mail: [email protected]
M-F 8am-5pm CT - See more at: http://artistsnetwork.tv/contact.aspx

All best,
Jennifer

Yorky
12-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Thank you Jennifer, I tried again later and was able to view the video and scrub along which I couldn't do before.

Doug

jenniferlepore
12-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear Artistsnetwork.tv is working for you now.
Thanks Doug.
All best,
Jennifer

Ms.Sakr
09-09-2014, 04:03 AM
Hello, :) I'm trying to watch this workshop (https://artistsnetwork.tv/p-493-art-lessons-with-lee-hammond-acrylic-landscape-painting.aspx) by Lee Hammond, but I keep getting this error mentioned by Doug on the previous page:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2014/1113642-errorjpg.jpg

I contacted the customer service last Thursday but no response so far :o :confused: .. Any help is appreciated

Sara

jenniferlepore
09-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Hi Sara,
Thanks so much for writing to alert us to this problem.
I have the web team investigating this now and will let you know when it is back up for viewing.
I apologize for this inconvenience.
All best,
Jennifer

Ms.Sakr
09-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks a lot, Jennifer :)

Ms.Sakr
09-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks a lot, Jennifer :)

jenniferlepore
09-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi Sara,
The Lee Hammond Acrylic Landscape video was reloaded and plays for me now. Please take a look to make sure all is in order on your end as well. And thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
All best,
Jennifer

Ms.Sakr
09-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Hi again Jennifer :wave: , I tried now and the workshop is working. Thanks for your cooperation :thumbsup:

jenniferlepore
09-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Glad to hear this Sara!
Enjoy :)

All best,
Jennifer

Joanne_N
09-24-2014, 01:46 AM
The Artists TV Network website isn't working for me right now. :(

jenniferlepore
09-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi Joanne,
I hadn't heard about an outage, and the site is working for me now. I'll be sure to notify the team to let them know of the issue you experienced. Please let me know if you are having continued troubles accessing the site.
Thanks!
All best,
Jennifer

Joanne_N
09-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Hi Jennifer,
I'm in there right now! Must have just been a little bump.

Thanks for your reply.

JOanne

jenniferlepore
09-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Glad you are able to view the site!
Thanks again for your alert.
Enjoy!

All best,
Jennifer

Joanne_N
10-29-2014, 11:33 PM
5:37 minutes into Patti Mollica's video "Acrylic Painting Value Techniques..." and it's stalled four times, buffering I guess. Very frustrating.

Joanne_N
10-30-2014, 12:58 AM
Okay, shortly after I posted above, video started again and went seamlessly through to the end, lol.

jenniferlepore
10-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Glad to hear all is well with your viewing videos :)
Enjoy!

All best,
Jennifer

Stetler
09-08-2015, 04:01 PM
I have been watching videos for sometime from the artistnetworktv, and loved it. Now, all I get is frustration. New videos were loaded but you can't see them, and all the other videos are buffering. We even checked it on other browsers and my husbands new computer and it still happened. So frustrating. Are they trying to fix it? I have written them but just get an auto reply that they got my email.:(

Yorky
09-08-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm using Firefox in Windows 10. I just checked and my antv videos seem to be streaming normally.

Have you changed anything recently maybe an upgrade?

Doug

Stetler
09-08-2015, 09:25 PM
I am still waiting to get Windows 10. The artist network tv people suggested to clear my cookies and cache, so I did, and it did not help. Matter of fact the videos load so slowly now I haven't gotten a chance to see if that helped. I never had this problem before, I just don't understand it.

Yorky
09-09-2015, 01:53 AM
I know how frustrated you will be, I had the problem once or twice.

Is your broadband speed up to par?

Doug

Stetler
09-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Doug,
It is frustrating. I have a very fast internet and modem.My husband checked on his new desktop computer and it stilled, started and stopped. Thanks for your help.

Yorky
09-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Hmm sounds like a problem at antv end, a query for Jennifer Lepore.

Doug

Stetler
09-09-2015, 03:56 PM
I agree. Their customer service is trying to help me...which is nice.

jenniferlepore
09-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Hi Stetler,
I am sorry to hear of your new trouble viewing the ArtistsNetwork.tv website. While we have not updated anything on the site since our March 2015 changeover, I will certainly try to help with your issues.

Sounds like a couple things are going on:
1) You said that you are unable to watch new videos. Can you please tell me which ones you cannot see and what error message you are getting (a screenshot would be helpful for this).
2) You mention having buffering trouble with all the videos that you can see.

I am glad customer service has been some help and they recommended clearing of cookies and cache.
Did you close out of, shut off and rebooting your computer and browser after doing this?

Can you please send me the specs of your computer:
Is it a pc or mac?
What operating system are you using?
What browsers have you tried using?

All best,
Jennifer

PS: Thanks so much for your help, Doug

Stetler
09-09-2015, 05:14 PM
I am not able to view any of the videos now,they all start and stop. I have a PC 8.1 I use Chrome, and tried it on Firefox, and my husband tried it on his new PC with Windows 10 and they also stopped and started with his computer. I have excellent internet connection and modem. And, yes I have updated, re-booted and pulled my hair out...Thanks for the help.

jenniferlepore
09-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the info Stetler.
Please send me a PM with your email / login information and I will try to replicate the issue.

Also, if you could please conduct and send me test results from a speed test http://www.speedtest.net/.

Thanks much.
All best,
Jennifer

Stetler
09-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Well, we have done absolutely everything suggested and still have buffering. It starts out ok, and I get my hopes up and then, it stops, starts, and stops. My husband suggested plugging directly into the modem. I will let you know. Bummed out in South Dakota.