PDA

View Full Version : Shy WIP

Matt Sammekull
09-16-2003, 11:20 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-16-2003/15549_two_in_pink.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Shy WIP
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x13
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A shot took as I was picking up my son fro day-care. I love the way they stood right up to the wall, a bit shy in my presence.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
In life, they had almost the same kind of dress on, and I thought I should alter that for contrast.

Any thoughts??

//matt

Helen Zapata
09-16-2003, 11:49 AM
This is going to be adorable! Be sure to make their feet big enough... they're looking pretty tiny here.

I love it so far!

Helen

Matt Sammekull
09-16-2003, 11:52 AM
thanks for your comment, and yes the feet will be bigger. I just painted over my original sketch... and thus it looks kind of weird now.
The right girl will be standing on her toes.

//matt

pero lane
09-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Matt I know this one will be really good! You have a way with capturing emotions in a moment.:)

Matt Sammekull
09-16-2003, 05:58 PM
You have a way with capturing emotions in a moment.

Well that's about the nicest thing anyone could ever tell me. Thank you SO much.

//matt

Cabal
09-17-2003, 02:23 AM
This has an interesting dream like quality to it. Something along the lines of that eighties video from the eighties? With the drawing of the guy that comes to life? You just don't see enough of that kind of stuff these days. Some kind of parrallel existence that reflects itself and is inanimated from the other side.

Matt Sammekull
09-17-2003, 06:26 AM
I know which video you're talking about; A-ha, "Take on me".

A great video.

I don't really see the connection between the video and my painting... maybe the half sketched, half realized thing could be the trigger?

//matt