PDA

View Full Version : Daily Crumble 16th August 2003

Dark_Shades
09-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Just had to start one, at this late stage of the day :D .... just to give EJ's hubbie a smackeroonie :angel: ...... he did it....... lol, Im back....... I can comment.... woooooooooo hooooooooo

Ej...... it worked :clap: (didnt the other day though when I tried :confused: :D )

bnoonan
09-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi Dawn,
Glad to know you are amongst us now. We missed you!

Jenn - best of luck with Hurricane Isabel. If you have to relocate for the storm, get back in touch with us when you can.

Hayley - hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick! It cramps my style too much.

Best to all painting today. Hopefully I can wrap up this paperwork and join all of you. B

Greeble
09-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by bnoonan
Hi Dawn,
Glad to know you are amongst us now. We missed you!

Jenn - best of luck with Hurricane Isabel. If you have to relocate for the storm, get back in touch with us when you can.

Hayley - hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick! It cramps my style too much.

Best to all painting today. Hopefully I can wrap up this paperwork and join all of you. B

Paperwork? :p yuckety!

I figure we will be without power for 5 days or so. I don't think we will have to relocate this far inland, but its gonna be fun!
Good thing I don't need electricity to draw or read :)

Jen

bnoonan
09-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Hey Dawn - have you been asleep this past month????

Dark_Shades
09-16-2003, 04:02 PM
Ohhhhhhh gawd lolol Barb ha ha ha....... I tell ya...... Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy.......... I dont know if Im on me 'ead or me..... erm..... :o

.... lol, where the hell did the time go ha ha ha....... that date was probably last time I managed to comment since my ISP went all wonkey hee heee :D

..... glad you spotted my DELIBERATE mistake rofl :p ;) :D :angel:

Dyin
09-16-2003, 04:56 PM
ooooh, I'm jumping up and down for joy!!! My Holbeins (oil pastels, of course!) came a day early!!!! Here's a pic...had no idea what was in the set of 50...couldn't afford the whole 225...it came with a full color chart showing all colors and showed the other sets too...I'm glad I got this one...because the smaller sets don't have the full range for each color...these colors are Hansa yellow, antique orange, scarlet, cobalt blue, red violet, permanent green, viridian, burnt sienna and the two black to white gradiations of cold and warm gray...woohoo!!! no markings on the sticks, going to do a color swatch chart...and going to b&w this shot and then do my other brands in b&w for comparison...so I can pick values a little easier...then need to get started on the sketch for my next piece...think I can manage a portrait with these colors just fine!!! And thanks to Barb who bought my Rembrandts and Kat who bought my pastel pencils...couldn't have done it otherwise!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2003/19147-Holbeins.jpg

Dark_Shades
09-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Ohhhhhh they look yummie Sue :) ........ too good to use..... ha ha ha

..... got some good news too........ :D
...... ...... dont have to haunt you guys anymore....... you can talk about me........ Ima 'Local Legend' now ;)

Dyin
09-16-2003, 05:21 PM
yep, a local legend alright!!! hmmmm.but which one???? lol...congratulations Dawn and glad you're back!
they really do look too good to use...but oooh...doing swatches now...they go on so totally diff than the Senneliers or Nupastels..not oily, but yet nothing like a waxy crayon either...they are smoooooooth and cool...don't know how else to describe...maybe if you were to stroke a piece of hard, cold super creamy butter on a barely warm surface...and the colors look EXACTLY like they look in the stick...have found that some of my Senneliers look one color but lay down a totally different tone...will see if that carries through all the colors or not...geez, wish every day could be so fun and exciting...

Cindy Aspden
09-16-2003, 06:56 PM
EYE CANDY!!! Wow Sue!! These are beauts!!! Yep, look way too nice to use. teehee. Can't wait to see a project! What's it gonna be?

cindy

bnoonan
09-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey Sue- Have fun with those new gems. Remember - they may spread like butter, but I'm not sure they taste as good.

B:D

Greeble
09-16-2003, 07:55 PM
OOOH those look SO GOOD :D
Enjoy!

Jen