PDA

View Full Version : Storing Pastel Art

Dedrian
08-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone:wave: I wanted to drop in and ask you all how you store your pastel masterpieces (providing of course they are not sold)! I am fairly new to the art world but found I have already accumulated quite a few finished pieces. Most of what I have done is stored in a flat file with glassine paper in between but I'm wondering if there are other ways you have found to store pastel art?

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Dede

JustinM
08-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Like you, most of mine are in one of my flat file drawers with paper between the sheets. I believe it was Daniel Greene who said "Pastel is fine stored flat, providing there is no movement" - its that movement that rubs off pastel & can damage.

Commissioned works, or works that I plan on putting in a Gallery tend to go in a frame right away.

Lee27
09-06-2013, 11:10 PM
I use a standard kitchen waxed paper. But if I am finished with it, I spray a art fixative on it first.

Studio-1-F
09-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I put each finished piece in a folded glassine 'envelop' then (to guard against movement) put a stack of them in a portfolio. Like this one: http://www.dickblick.com/products/cachet-deluxe-earthbound-portfolios/

Works well for me.

Jan