PDA

View Full Version : Got Milk ?

D.W. Flint
08-23-2013, 11:37 PM
Oil on Masonite, 16X12. Any crits welcome. The water and sky are more green than in the painting.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2013/108422-got_milk_II.JPG

NRC
08-26-2013, 06:36 PM
I really like the upper part of the painting; cows in the grass. You say the greens are different IRL, and monitors change things more. I see that you've used the 'cow' browns a bit in the background trees. Think a little more here and there might add varying depth to those trees. Would it be ok to post a crop of your painting to show you? I feel like the bottom half takes away some from the beauty of the upper portion.

Went to your website: really like how you capture the different lights of the day and use it to create mood.

D.W. Flint
08-26-2013, 08:02 PM
I see what you mean...By all means, post the crop. Thanks ...I really like the upper part of the painting; cows in the grass. You say the greens are different IRL, and monitors change things more. I see that you've used the 'cow' browns a bit in the background trees. Think a little more here and there might add varying depth to those trees. Would it be ok to post a crop of your painting to show you? I feel like the bottom half takes away some from the beauty of the upper portion.

Went to your website: really like how you capture the different lights of the day and use it to create mood.

NRC
08-26-2013, 09:10 PM
You're a great painter so feel you'll better tweak the foliage than I ....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Aug-2013/156805-cows.jpg

La_
08-27-2013, 03:16 AM
while i agree the crop is nice the reflections are also very nice

the two white flowers however, could go or at calm down their bright

would also define the eyes more of the closer cow, her left seems missing and her legs might be a bit too straight, unlumpy.

soothing piece all in all, i like it and wonder if she's looking at reflections or a fish ...

la

D.W. Flint
08-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks NRC and La. Appreciate your input. Always give me something to think about...

maryinasia
09-08-2013, 07:56 AM
delightful! agree with LA

D.W. Flint
09-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks for commenting Marynasia. I've made most of the adjustments recommended. Couldn't bring myself to crop the whole bottom half though...

Joe'sHottie
10-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I agree with La - I like the reflections, but those two white flowers are distracting. I'd tone them down to a light pink or purple and add a third somewhere (not in line with these two), or get rid of them altogether. Great job - this really put a smile on my face! :)