PDA

View Full Version : **Daily Wash Monday 19th August 2013**

WthrLady
08-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Can we come home YET?!
I'm running out of things to pick and can!:lol:

I have 60 pounds of peaches left, but that won't hold me through another WC crash!

M.L. Schaefer
08-19-2013, 08:34 PM
:music: :music: Hey There Lonely Girl.....:music: :music: (Sorry, Caryl, couldn't help myself!
You almost set the record for Palette Talk with only ONE post :eek: !)

I've been through this Forum and others, and all is looking well! It seems some of the internet giants have been having problems, as well! I heard Amazon to the tune of millions? What is the net coming to?

mmmmm Peaches! Tree ripened? I once had a peach in the fridge, not tree ripened, forgot about it, found it months later, hard as a rock, still not ripened, and not spoilt either! My mouth is watering with the thought of tree-ripened peaches! mmmm mmmm!

:heart: M.

WthrLady
08-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Hey all... my sister sent me this. I KNOW you all want to flood the classroom with postcards for me :D right?!?!?! :D
Since this is a school address, I don't mind posting it on the web.

Come on all my worldly web friends!
Put CM somewhere in a corner so they know which kid's pile the cards go into.
=========

Here's the email
=======
CM has begun the year as a 6th grader, and with that comes homework. The Social Studies class is studying world geo and the teacher has put out a request for postcards to be sent to the class. In turn, they will study where the postcard was sent from and mark it on their world map.

That is where you come in. Could you spare a few minutes and send a postcard from your area, with some details of life in your area, interesting facts, historical info, tidbits of knowledge? A photo 3x5 can be turned into a postcard.

Many of you are not local, and you have friends and family that are even more not-local. Could you please forward this on to them so this can go far and wide? Many of you have connections, thanks to the global way of life, use those connections and lets go global in a global way. I expect postcards from England, Spain, Australia, and Japan, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, Belgium.

Please help out and thanks!

Mr. Mack's Social Studies Class
c/o Blendon Middle School
223 South Otterbein Avenue
Westerville, Ohio 43081
USA

WthrLady
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
yes, tree ripened. I picked them on Saturday.

painterbear
08-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Good Evening all,
It is 9:17 p.m. and I thought I'd make one last check before heading upstairs to bed, and, voila! here we are in the Daily Wash! Hooray! :D

I've missed our daily chats and all you Washers, hope to see you all back again tomorrow.

Caryl,
I'm afraid a post card from me wouldn't be much help for the class in Westerville. :lol:

Sounds like you are all set for the Winter with your canned and frozen goodies.

Our garden tomatoes are finally turning red!!!! We set up a watering station for the squirrels as someone here recommended a while ago and so far it seems to have been working. :crossfingers: it keeps the nasties out of the garden til we can harvest our crops.

Hi M. :wave:

:wave: to all who find their way here tonight. I'm off to read for a while now.

SYTomorrow.

Sylvia

Uschi
08-19-2013, 09:32 PM
OMG, do I dare say WOOHOOO again:rolleyes: :confused: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Losing touch with ones friends for over a week is a hardship, I sooooo:crossfingers: :crossfingers: that we are still here tomorrow morning. Can't wait to read all the news accumulated over the last week.

Like Sylvia, I too did my last check in and what a lovely surprise!!!

Good Night, good Morning, good Day!!!!

Uschi

WthrLady
08-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Sure it would Sylvia!
Wright Brothers
National Register etc! Don't discount the Dayton Connection! LOL.

FLNH
08-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi,and good night. I hope we are all still here in the morning.

LynnM
08-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Likewise from me :crossfingers: :wave:

villagernb
08-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Hi, everyone!

Like most of you, I was checking one last time before turning in and :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope Wet Canvas has been cured!

See you all tomorrow (I hope!) :clear:

Anne

Doris345
08-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Can it be? Dare we hope? :crossfingers::crossfingers:

Hope all is back and doing well tomorrow.

Doris

Caryl, sending them a card from NYC, even tho its not too far away.

CharM
08-19-2013, 11:37 PM
:clap: I'm saying g'nite to my WC Buds! :clap:

New Gamboge
08-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi :wave:everyone - nice to see you back :clap:- it's 9:06 pm, and dark already - just checking in. Betty:cat:

kaypainter
08-20-2013, 12:24 AM
:wave: :wave: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Sorry -- at a loss for words.

:D

Kay

olliewood0702
08-20-2013, 08:43 AM
:wave: :wave: :thumbsup: :crossfingers: