PDA

View Full Version : Australian Art Suppliers

Irishman
08-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi,
Can any of our Australian members vouch for a company called "Art Materials Supplies" ? I see that they have an offer on Alvaro Castagnet mop brushes at the moment and am thinking.The way you do sometimes ;-).It seems they don't take your actual order before checking the postage charge first, then let you know and you decide whether to proceed.I haven't heard back on the postage yet,it might take the good out of it but thought I'd ask in advance.Thank you

laudesan
08-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Well, I have never heard of them.. Let me know how the postage works out, you could have them sent to me if it is cheaper, and I ship them flat rate mail. They are only brushes, should cost under 10.00.

Use this Australian Post postage calculator. (http://auspost.com.au/apps/postage-calculator.html) to determine the price..

Cheers JJ

Irishman
08-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Thank you very much JJ for the kind offer.The postage is about 7 Aus dollars to Ireland which is amazingly cheap when you consider that Senior Art charges 22 ?
Art Material Supplies also trades also as Widebay Gallery.There is a strange arrangement in place where you send your credit card details via two emails broken down into two separate group of numbers which doesn't fill me with confidence as if anything goes wrong I would have no come back with credit card company.He does have a Paypal account which is an option but I am flying out the door for a few days away and will think more when I get back.Between the great price on the brushes and the cheaper postage it has a sound of "if it's too good to be true,it probably is" which might be very unfair not to mention doing myself out of a good deal

doppler
08-20-2013, 03:10 AM
I've used Art Material Supplies and they are honest and efficient. :thumbsup:

They still have a somewhat antiquated way of dealing with the web but? Safety, security and honesty first. Email Sid.

Irishman
08-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks Annie.Will give it a try

Irishman
09-04-2013, 03:58 AM
Just a follow up to my question on the Art Materials Supplies company.As Annie said above,an excellent company.Brush was ordered through Paypal and was promptly despatched and is here now in Ireland about to get very wet.