Yorky
08-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Good morning all stillraining here.

Hope the site is stable now. :crossfingers:

Doug

doppler
08-16-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm not here any more :(

BBL and again and again until the great THEY get it right. This is a valuable site.

Miss you all, and am absolutely including y'all. :heart: Which is a particular welcoming and major part of Americas way of saying please visit us again and we love you. :thumbsup: Can't do it with the Aussie accent but whatever? Could speak French? :lol:

I am not a WC addict? :angel:

Yorky
08-16-2013, 03:30 AM
I'm afraid the site is no different folks. Posts are going everywhere.

Doug

doppler
08-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Doug, may the force be with you :heart:

And antacids.

Yorky
08-16-2013, 03:38 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I it stays fine we may spend the day at Southport Flower Show.

Doug

StewGold
08-16-2013, 04:24 AM
Have to say, still seems flaky to me, I got a Database Build Error message today.

To all Washers have a good day, hope the site settles down, and thanks for the saucy postcard Doug. Who knows where it is now?
Leslie

doppler
08-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Leslie and Doug. You would have loved this morning here. Our bed AKA mattress is rubbish, for the last few years and backache and whinging on wakening. Well that happens anyway old ways.

Last week I gave into temptation of Internet shopping, as one does, otherwise there's no point in temptation . Also two years nagging had produced no bounty in the cause of willingness for proper shopping with a purpose. In an actual store.

I bought a Queen size packaged decompressed innerspring mattress with free delivery for a song. Song became Metallica as we dragged the package upstairs with its wheels and torn out handle up difficult stairs with me leading, Roger pushing and saying when I screamed, MOVE your foot ..... Bo fled in green eyed terror. We had watched the video of the careful elegant demos prior to this.

Nothing so elegant here. I nicked the inner Baggie despite copying the eloquant scissors cuts of the movie, as an aside.... I STILL believe it was pre nicked :rolleyes: , and it started expanding and as was only half freed, Roger yelled as it kept growing in exponential amounts ... Stand back!!! Well, the queen size mattress expanded at speed, Bo fled and we didn't find him until this evening. It was truly SO much fun.

The mattress seems a good innerspring jobbie. Our last was quantum leaps in costs and unreliability this so if it lasts five years... whatever. Bo has ventured back in after being witness to the explosion of his place. He is now first trier of the mattress. Much better support for dreams.:thumbsup:

My gosh, technology is wonderful :lol:

Yorky
08-16-2013, 05:02 AM
Shoulda filmed it :lol:

Doug

painterbear
08-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 5:00 a.m. on a chilly morning here in Oakwood. I've actually dragged my sweater out of the closet. It definitely feels like Fall here, BUT we know summer is returning next week, so I'm enjoying the cool weather while I can.

I want to paint a Thank You card for the lovely young woman who did so much good for my aching knee. She was my PT guru and led me through an hour's worth of exercises with humor and knowledge each time we went. Sooo, in case they have to take the site down for further work, I went through the RIL this morning and pulled a couple of photos for references. ;)

Annie, I'm sure it wasn't much fun at the time, but the image of your mattress expanding as you pulled it up the stairs was priceless. Glad you (and the cats) now have it in place and are enjoying a comfortable sleep. A firm mattress makes such a difference to how we sleep and how we feel when we get up.

Doug, :crossfingers: you get to go to the Flower Show today.

:wave: to all who are still on their way. Missed hearing about everyone's day(s) while the site was down.

SYL,

Sylvia

doppler
08-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Syl and Doug, we still have o get rid of the old mattress ..... Leaning on the upstairs hardly used balcony at present. Flop it down over the roof, drag into Rogers Ute and to the dump we shall go.

Sylvia it was actually really really good fun.

Roger disbelieved the hype and the adverts about the mattress and thought I was a sucker. Ok rain on my parade ...:lol:

I did too ... Hence the repeated viewings of the video. Empowerment. :cool: NOT when a queen sized mattress materialises just there.

I just couldn't believe how fast the flat round packet expanded. As Bo fled, mentally injured and practising his RSPCA call for help for psychological trauma ... Should he ever know numbers and the opposable .. thumb ... I just had to laugh.

I think felines study us,:thumbsup:

It was pretty good and funny. Old mattress will be tossed off the roof and gently
flown o the landfill bin at the dump

I have more photos to share but not in the share bin, where my first posts were placed.

shipbroker
08-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Hmmmmmm I did a Wash Start too........the one that Doug did wasn't showing and I was half an hour later.........

I'll look in again later.

geoff

olliewood0702
08-16-2013, 08:14 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :(

Ellen in Ont
08-16-2013, 09:36 AM
:wave: everyone,
Yesterday's post is missing so who knows where this one will end up.:confused: Just popping in to say hi and hoping the site will be fixed soon (but I'm not holding my breath).:(

Uschi
08-16-2013, 09:40 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :(

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uschi

kaypainter
08-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Daily wash for Fri Aug 16, 2013

I'll try this again as my first post seemed to end up in something called "the greenies room" in florals and botanicals. A quick hi and bye as I don't know what will happen to this.

:wave: :wave:

Kay

LynnM
08-16-2013, 10:22 AM
My first post also has vanished.....BBL for a look around :)

Wonderful images, Annie....:lol: My memory foam mattress did something similar, but nothing as dramatic as yours.

(((((to all in need))))))

Scene Chaser
08-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Good Day All,

Annie, I took an electric saw to my foam mattress and carried it to the junk in pieces. Much easier.

A beautiful sunny day here. Just a trip into town to the bank and I'll be working on the grounds.

Have a good day,
Hope we stabilize.

Bill

FLNH
08-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone. If I remember my acronyms, posting still seems a snafu.

Yorky
08-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes absolutely Karl. We have been asked not to post until they get the site mended.

Doug