shipbroker
08-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Morning all

Dangerous timing!!

Sun just come out back later.

geoff

Yorky
08-09-2013, 02:52 AM
You beat me to it Geoff, blue is breaking through here but no sun yet.

The site has been going haywire the past 18 hours with posts disappearing and appearing in the wrong threads etc. It has been reported.

Doctors this morning for results of my scan and a diagnosis I hope of my gastric problem. Had a bad night with stomach ache.

Doug

ScarletLake
08-09-2013, 03:25 AM
:wave: :wave: Hello Everyone & TGIF:wave: :wave:

Morning Geof and Doug

It is 3AM here in OHIO and the rain just woke me up about 1/2 hour ago. We had a thunderstorm yesterday morning also around this same time. Sure won't have to water things for a couple of days.

I have stopped in and read yesterdays post but just have not done very much on computer this week and once evening sets in my brain is done.:lol: :lol:

I see that Annie's garden is coming along well. With her and Lulu looking forward to spring and we are going into fall. Hearing predictions for a very hard winter ahead for us. More reason to get this garage cleaned out. I most certainly want my car inside this winter.

Doug - hope you get some answers

I am introducing two friends to each other this morning at the coffee shop. My friend Jan who is 73 to Bob who is 70. I had wanted them to meet for a long time. Both widowers and I thought about a year ago that their personalities just might hit it off for friendship.

Jan has baked a pineapple upside down cake for us to have with coffee. It will be a fun morning. Bob does not know a stranger and neither does Jan.

Stepmom will be in nursing home for another week. I've been by twice this week - she is doing better.

Not much news from me this week. A quite week Thank the Lord

Anita

Roun2it
08-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Mornin' each .......... :wave:

Still having problems with my phone line and so the broadband is affected. :( There was a man hanging off the telegraph pole yesterday but all his checks showed was that there is a fault but not up the pole!! Now they go underground .......

I loaded some of our photos from Oz on the computer yesterday, WOW in this digital age it's impressive that we took well over 1000 pics so it's gonna take me ages to go through them.

Here is a shot from a bar showing Lulu and John enjoying a drink with Chris, but what are they watching ..........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2013/23314-P7081696.jpg

Well this actually ......... a beautiful sunset.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2013/23314-P7101734.jpg

I don't know how I managed to catch Lulu sat down because just the mention of sunset got her up and dashing around with the camera ....... she even got up one morning at dawn to take photos of the sunrise ...... she was like a bear with a sore head for the whole day after that ........ :lol:

Lulu
08-09-2013, 03:56 AM
Oh aint this fun......again....:eek:with posts and threads going haywire...., we were under a Tuscan Quilt in the Acrylic forum before! See what effect you have when you post Kev:lol: :lol:
And just you be careful what you say.......I have plenty up my sleeve :p

Roun2it
08-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Hey here you are wandering around looking for that perfect shot ........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2013/23314-P7101731.jpg

doppler
08-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Golly, Ive lost the lot. Can't fi d the really angry icon bu jusy AAAAHHH with the T on the jus. lose the Y.

Hi Kev, Doug, Lulu and Geoff.

Terra Cognito down the steppies and halting at the Great Wall is finished as far as earthmoving goes. Piccies tomorrow.

Mea Culpa probably or certainly so shall I take myself off to bed sulk. Thurty minutes of,predictive text does it to you. Jen when it disappears??? That is THEN Not Jen .....

BNBL. N equks Not :heart: Predictive text :eek: Bad typing works too :lol:

Yorky
08-09-2013, 06:33 AM
I found it and brought it back Annie, but it has now disappeared again!

Doug

Uschi
08-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Good Morning!!

Bits and pieces of the Wash are all over the place, don't even know how I found this one:lol: :lol:

I don't have much to say but whatever it is I'll wait until we are "normal" again:lol:

Doug, :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for excellent and fixable report from the doctor.

BBL Uschi

Scene Chaser
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Good Day All, wherever you are.

Bill

painterbear
08-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Good Morning all from the Twilight Zone!
:music: dah, dah, dah, dummmm:music:

It is quarter to nine on a gloomy looking day here in Oakwood. Rain in the forecast this morning, clearing up by evening though.

Lovely photos, Kev. Great memories of a lifetime experience.

Annie, As much as I can translate from your message, seems much of the work is finished and we'll see photos tomorrow. :D

Nothing happening here, still working on my Mother's Day bouguet painting.

Doug, Hope all goes well with your doctor visit today and he can give you something to elevate the discomfort IMMEDIATELY! :angel:

Afraid to say much more because I have no idea where this may wind up. :lol:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

olliewood0702
08-09-2013, 08:49 AM
My post is somewhere in LALA land.:o

I hope this posts in the Wash,

Doug, I can't find your post about your doctor appointment but it must have been fairly good news as Uschi stated above.

What a VERY STRANGE atmosphere here in the Watercolor forum....hello???? :clear: ANYONE????:clear: :confused:

There was a thread titled "Darla's Ocean Maine" and I have NO IDEA how it got started or what it's about....I've never even been to MAINE!!:eek: :lol: :D

I just received a PM by someone from the Acrylic forum and when I open my PM's nothing is there. I supposedly posted a nice painting in the Acrylic forum. LOL This is WAY TOO WEIRD......the site is PSYCHO.:D :rolleyes:

Clara McArthur
08-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning all, Lovely sunny morning here, I've just walked Bessie and it is going to be a glorious day. We appreciate every bit of sun we get, especially after the cool and dark July.

Kev, So nice to see the pictures of you all, to see Lulu and John and Chris and the sunset.
Doug, hope the test results point in the right direction for an end to the gastric problems.

Working the concession at the Farmer's Market this afternoon, then going to the Legion for BBQ supper.

ColinS
08-09-2013, 11:13 AM
My post is somewhere in LALA land.:o

I hope this posts in the Wash,

Doug, I can't find your post about your doctor appointment but it must have been fairly good news as Uschi stated above.

What a VERY STRANGE atmosphere here in the Watercolor forum....hello???? :clear: ANYONE????:clear: :confused:

There was a thread titled "Darla's Ocean Maine" and I have NO IDEA how it got started or what it's about....I've never even been to MAINE!!:eek: :lol: :D

I just received a PM by someone from the Acrylic forum and when I open my PM's nothing is there. I supposedly posted a nice painting in the Acrylic forum. LOL This is WAY TOO WEIRD......the site is PSYCHO.:D :rolleyes:

That was my PM, Darla, just to let you know that your portrait of Ben Reading is safe here in cyber-Tuscany. :lol:

portalhome
08-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Good Morning, I've been sitting here with my bacon and eggs and bacon reading your posts and looking at all the fun pics. I haven't been on the daily wash for ages and it is fun to see so many of the same people here and the bonds you have to each other.

Have a lovely day, all. I have put off solving my sky long enough. If I'd fried more bacon I would have an excuse to dawdle longer, but I've eaten my excuse all up and have to start my day!

Yorky
08-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi Alice good luck with your sky.

Doug

CharM
08-09-2013, 11:53 AM
I posted to the Wash, but it's in the oil painting forum, I think... :(

EDIT: I checked and it's completely disappeared... so, Doug, I hope that your Dr. has a treatment regimen for your poor tummy...

Yorky
08-09-2013, 01:11 PM
That's beautiful Colin - Cortona?

Maybe better with dark trees behind the top of the dome? It is difficult to resolve.

This should be in the Tuscan Quilt thread.

Doug

Yorky
08-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Out to a talent show and dinner tonight.

This should be in the Daily Wash thread.

Doug

M.L. Schaefer
08-09-2013, 05:14 PM
:lol: :lol: Posted to the Wash, it ended up in WDE, I asked that it be moved to the Wash, it is now in Aug. 8 Wash. A message there for Doug.

Okay, I'm ready to hang up my hat until this all resolves: New problems: Go to Reply and sends you an error message reading Invalid Thread. Go to Reply and it makes you sign in again. My PM to Doug, kaput. My original Wash is now moved from WDE to August 8 Wash.,

In this way lies gray hair! (White hair? Torn Out Hair? :lol: )

:heart: M.

ColinS
08-09-2013, 05:23 PM
That's beautiful Colin - Cortona?

Maybe better with dark trees behind the top of the dome? It is difficult to resolve.

This should be in the Tuscan Quilt thread.

Doug

Thanks for the comment Doug!

There is no Tuscan Quilt thread at the moment. It may reappear, but it comes and goes, apparently on a whim. :D The Quick Dry Cafe in the Acrylics forum has also been highly unstable off and on today, leading to some hilarious mix ups and misattributions of posts.

Great premise for a novel, though. I haven't laughed this much since I read the novel Skios by Michael Frayn.

portalhome
08-09-2013, 05:44 PM
So I expect this has happened before?? LOL, what a mess. What has been the end result before? Does it all sort itself out eventually, or are posts lost into the void? I keep getting linked to a post called Black Parasols, I seem to have done a fabulous pencil sketch of a face and who knows what all else? - apparently I'm a busy girl today..

Yorky
08-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes it has happened before Alice. Usually they have to shut the site down while they sort the problem out.

Doug

portalhome
08-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Well, it was a mercy. Yesterday I found lots to look at instead of painting as many hours as I had planned, so today I got quite a bit done. Nothing like being in time-out, huh?

JudyL
08-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Just trying to see if things have returned to normal a cautious :wave:

JudyL
08-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Just trying to see if things have returned to normal a cautious :wave:

Not sure it bounced one more click