PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Monday 5th August 2013**

shipbroker
08-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Morning all.

Have been sleeping better in caravan but heavy rain last three hours has blunted that!

Back later

geoff

Yorky
08-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Good morning Geoff, dull here, rain expected later.

I went to bed at 10pm and had over 7 hours sleep!

I have a funeral to go to this morning.

Doug

shipbroker
08-05-2013, 03:15 AM
Another funeral Doug....seems at our age we are never away.

Still raining without break and forecast for all day.

good sleep that, mine was strange with a dream that was interupted with what may be a Spirit message from my Mother, will let you know!!

geoff

Lulu
08-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Evening Geoff and Doug.

Geoff, do let us know, I've had those sort of dreams. In fact 2 of them, my father was in one, my close friend in another.

Anyone going to Cornwall?
have just seen this on fb - couldn't resist re-posting! lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2013/1118-60092_224964337673654_1671977752_n.jpg

Yorky
08-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Great sign Lulu :)

Raining now.

Doug

doppler
08-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Good evening all.

Lulu :lol: :lol:

Work today and the Contracters are back. Have photos but it will have to wait until the morrow. The great steppes into Terra Cognito are underway. The Great Wall has been detailed. The black sapote tree is resting and feeding in new potting mix. Man with pruning shears was warned off with a long pointy stick ... We are not buying a semi advanced and thus quite expensive tree for you to reduce it to a twig. As an affectionate aside I did point out that he owed the Tree for the quiet ride home yesterday

Poor Ben, the sidekick, won't be here tomorrow or for the rest of the project. He has stopped digging holes and rolling rocks like a dung beetle (his words ... though he was looking at Roger doing the same:cool: And Tom got a shot with his phone ) He is looking forward to extraction of wisdom teeth. He naturally prefers the former .. dung beetle antics.

Steppes, Cognito and the Great Wall garden will be finished by the end of the week. A few weeks from now we will have a Sylvan Finger Food Picnic repast, on plates, with neighbours, which include our contractor and Ben, should his teeth be strong enough, and friends assorted.

Anne, your wedding photos were :thumbsup: :heart:

Got a pie going in the oven . :wave:

CharM
08-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Good morning! Cloudy and cool, there is steam coming off the lake this morning in September fashion... this will be the year of summer that never was... :(

Friends of ours have become Foster Parents and we visited them yesterday along with the new little baby in their care. It takes heart and dedication to do this.

The kids moved their *stuff* back here yesterday. I made dinner for the group as a thank you. They'll have to sort through it to decide what they'll keep and what they'll give up over the next couple of weeks. We're renovating our basement space as a pseudo apartment for them, so all this stuff will need to be moved around a couple of times... a challenge, for sure...

I'm going to take things low and slow today.

Anne, thanks for sharing your photos! The Bride and Groom made a handsome couple... and her dress was an absolute confection...

:clap: for a good, refreshing sleep, Doug... and Geoff is right about our age... we seem to be doing more funerals than weddings.

Geoff... a gentle message, I hope...

Lulu, change the name of the city on your sign and post it everywhere... especially at Walmart! :lol:

Annie, I think I'd rather roll stones than get wisdom teeth pulled! A 'thank-you' picnic sounds so nice and very fitting of this work being done!

It's a Civic Holiday here... I hope that everyone has a happy first day of the week... :heart:

Ellen in Ont
08-05-2013, 07:33 AM
:wave: everyone,
Just got in the door from my third nightshift and I'm heading for bed. I'll have to catch up on the last few days of washes later.

Uschi
08-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Good Morning!!!!

Char, I am not surprised that steam is coming off the lake because it is 8C here right now. Still, going to be a beautiful day with high of 21C:thumbsup: :heart:

Again, no special plans for today.

Anne, thank you for showing us the photos of the beautiful bride and handsome groom!!!!! Gosh, time goes fast, can't believe you are already back home again.

Lynn, was great to see you drop in, I bet you are glad you are not in a tent, would be coolish up there at night.

Geoff, I too would love to hear about your dream. Glad you are sleeping so much better.

Annie, counting days with you to see the finished "wall".

Char, when are your granddaughters arriving. You'll have a full hous, for sure. So what colour have you chosen for the broadloom??

Lulu, what would be the fun in "people watching" if they all obeyed the sign:)

Doug, sorry you need to go for yet another funeral.

Time for breakfast, BBL.

Uschi

CharM
08-05-2013, 08:14 AM
G'nite Ellen! Sleep tight...

Uschi, we're keeping everything quite neutral, so the carpet is a natural fibre in cafe au lait tones. We'll do all three bedrooms with the same colour.

We're meeting Jon half way (in Oshawa, actually) this coming weekend. I'm hoping that Magoo and his Girl have sorted out some of their stuff by then... given all the appointments and deadlines, we may never get away on holiday this year! I'm really excited about having the little girls here, though... that's better than getting away!

Uschi
08-05-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm really excited about having the little girls here, though... that's better than getting away!

Yes, your dreams are coming true Char, I know you have been yearning to have them close.

Uschi

Scene Chaser
08-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Good Day All,

On and off sun. I think it will rain today. Only 57 F.

Doug, thatís a good sleep. Sorry for your loss.

I donít mind the funerals except for the last one.

Lulu, great sign. I wonder what careers the two figures represent?

Char, I think youíre glad to have Magoo back. Itís great that you and Ted can help him out. These are tough times for young people who want to work.

Uschi, what, no ping-pong today? :)

If it rains I will work in the basement shop and finish my weed pulling garden cart. I will mow lawn now for as long as I can.

Bill

painterbear
08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Good Morning all,
It is a little before 9:00 a.m. on a glorious sunny, but comfortably cool, morning here in Oakwood. :D Loving these temps, although it isn't helping our garden veggies get ripe...especially the ones that like heat like the tomatoes and eggplants.

Taking a couple unfinished paintings into art class this afternoon to work on. Still taking my time with the Mother's Day Bouguet one here at home. Dropped off my two entrys in the Middletown Art Guild Show last Saturday. Will have to wait until next Saturday to see if they get judged in. The juror is an art teacher and painter...of landscapes in oil. :rolleyes:

Char,
Are the girls coming to spend time with you by themselves? I used to do that when I was a little girl. My parents would drive up to visit my Grandparents and leave me there for the summer. I loved it. I think that is also where I learned to love cooking because I spent many hours in the kitchen with my Nonna watching her clean chickens, make pasta and all sorts of delicious food. I remember being fascinated as she ironed my Nonno's tall white chef's hat before he went to work in the restaurant. The girls will enjoy getting to know you more too when the parent-figures aren't around. :angel:

Neutral color scheme is good. You can always add vibrant accents with pillows or spreads and curtains if you want. They are easy to change when you get tired of them too. ;)

Anne, The wedding photos were delightful to see, handsome groom and beautiful bride. I liked her dress too, tasteful and sweet as a bride's dress should be. :thumbsup:

Annie, I loved Kay's suggestion of Terra Cognito for your garden area. Glad you did too. Looking forward to seeing photos of the progress and the finish.

Lulu, That is definitely a universally needed sign these days. Too many people getting dressed without seeing themselves in a mirror...or seeing themselves the way they wished they looked. :rolleyes:

Geoff, Sounds of the Twilight Zone theme song playing in the background. Hope the spirit message was a happy one. :crossfingers:

Good news Doug on a restful sleep. Must mean your tummy wasn't bothering you. :D

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
08-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Uschi, what, no ping-pong today? :) Bill

:crying: :crying: :crying: No table tennis. It is a public holiday here and since the Senior Center is run by the City we have to suffer:lol:

O.K. I am breakfasted, showered, exercised (painful stretching) and after much poodling around, ready to face the day starting with doing last night's dishes followed by painting the darn white rose with "blue" shading, I really don't like commissions:lol:

Hi Sylvia!!

:wave: Uschi

CharM
08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Ok... I'm going to shut this computer down... otherwise I'll be dawdling here all day... :lol:

Bill, I'm such a sap... I'd have ALL the kids here if I could... and it IS hard for them because there just aren't any full time jobs out there... it took my eldest son five years to finally get a full time position as an advanced life support paramedic! :eek: Magoo's working two part time jobs and has applied for a third... there's just no way to plan a future...

Sylvia, our beef steak tomatoes don't look good at all... the romas seem to be doing ok, but they aren't ripening... and the peppers aren't getting any bigger, either... And yes, my Girls will be here for TWO weeks! :) Happy painting today!

Uschi, I'm with you about commissions... I've decided that I just won't do them anymore after the last episode I had with a Client.

:wave: All yet to come... I hope yours is the very best possible day!

villagernb
08-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Morning, fellow Washers, and Happy New Brunswick Day to those who celebrate it!:D

Hot and humid here, hazy sunshine with a chance of thunderstorms!

Lulu, thank you for your nice comments re: our wedding photos. My husband, Don was our photographer. We'll see what the paid photographer produces as time goes by.
Re your sign: our son's Best Man lives in Montreal, and commented that he couldn't believe how many Vancouverites walk around outside in their yoga pants; stylish Montrealers would never commit such a fashion crime!:evil: :wink2:

Annie, thank you for your kind comments!
I've been reading back through a week and a half of Washes, and love your progress photos of your epic construction project. Tres :cool: I love deciding what to plant in a brand new garden bed! Please keep us posted!:thumbsup:

Char, thank you for your kind comments about our wedding photos.
How exciting to have your granddaughters coming for a visit! How old are they? Five-year-old twin daughters of the bride's best friend were flower girls at the wedding. They refused to wear their new summer sandals purchased for the occasion, so marched down the aisle in their old sneakers. Otherwise, they performed perfectly, so the Fashion Police didn't complain about their footwear!:lol: :lol:

Uschi, I can't believe we're home already either! We were so busy the time flew by. This time last week, we were on Granville Island, with what seemed like a million other tourists. Vancouver was beautiful, but hot and dry, as Betty has said, no rain for the entire month of July. This is the height of tourist season, and with the long weekend this week, Pride Week and the Festival of Lights, the city is mobbed with visitors.
Darla's trip to Great Britain felt the same way to me; so much anticipation, and then pouff!!! it was over!

Sylvia, thank you also for your very kind comments. Tasteful and sweet also describes the bride's character! We feel very fortunate to have her join our family!
I've been drooling at your dinner photos in the Wash. You have a real talent for photographing food. You could be a Food Stylist!
Good luck with your painting entries in the exhibit. It doesn't seem fair to have a single artist with a specialty in one medium to be the only juror.:o

Bill, hope your yard-related projects go well. Don't overdo things!
Hope Janet's back is better soon.
Loved the image of Ms. Feral discovering the joys of carpeting! (She would enjoy visiting Char!)

Betty, I wanted to thank you for the info about Opus Art Supplies on Granville Island. I was there last Monday and greatly increased their profits for the day! (Bonus: Daniel Smith paints were on sale!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: )

Lots of chores to catch up on. BBL

Anne

Europa
08-05-2013, 11:11 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Pouring down with rain here in downtown Wigan - think summer may be over - oh well it was good while it lasted....lol.

Been in pain all weekend with toothache - managed to get an emergency appt this morning but not with my usual dentist. I wasn't bothered as I just wanted someone to take the tooth out. Turned out he was my DS Jamie's dentist (and very handsome he was too. :thumbsup: )...at first he said he didn't have time to do the extraction but I put on my really sad face and he relented.

Phew - can't tell you how it feels not to have any pain - just have to wait for the numbness to go. He did advise me to have some chocolate when I got home as I hadn't had any breakfast and he wanted me to kick start my sugar levels - well who am I to argue with medical advice. :thumbsup:

Got a phone call from the district nurse - they are coming to do Mum's bloods and blood pressure tomorrow - she gave me a time between 8am and 11.30....I asked her could she not narrow it down - I don't get enough sleep as it is and to have to be up at 8am and wait around till maybe 11.30 was not something I was happy about. Eventually we got it to between 10.30 and 11.30....I can live with that.

Hope everyone is doing ok - hugs to those in need (((()))))

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

shipbroker
08-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Afternoon all.

Rain did stop mid-morning but due back any minute.

Went across Lincolnshire to Louth near to where we
once lived.......incidentally I see that Peter Appleyard the Jazz Vibrophonist who was born locally in Cleethorpes has died in Guelph on 18 th July.....a neighbour if yours Uschi??

geoff

Scene Chaser
08-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Anne, glad you enjoyed your trip. Great photos of the wedding.

Pat, you girls sure know how to twist that little finger. Glad you have relief.
Bill

Uschi
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Went across Lincolnshire to Louth near to where we
once lived.......incidentally I see that Peter Appleyard the Jazz Vibrophonist who was born locally in Cleethorpes has died in Guelph on 18 th July.....a neighbour if yours Uschi?? geoff

I had to google it, YES, in Eden Mills, a small village, literally a hop and a skip and I never knew he was there. Wonder what brought him there??

Pat, glad your tooth misery is over!!!!

Anne, Granville Island, I bicycled around it years ago when I visited my daughter in Vancouver. So glad you had a good time, lucky re weather, normally it rains a lot there as every Canadian knows:lol:

Char, I normally do NOT do commissions, anxiety provoking, don't need that. The only reason I have agreed because she wanted a companion piece to the one she had bought some time ago.

Had several breaks, it's called procrastinating but I want to finish the darn thing so I can paint things I want again:lol:

:wave: Uschi

New Gamboge
08-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Good Afternoon everyone - another beautiful day - I had to get an acrylic stain to go over my oil stain - was assured I didn't need an undercoat and that it would be fine over oil. So I got the trim done on the deck outside the kitchen (2 windows, part of the post, and a door), and the 2 corner pieces, back door, and garage door - it went on really well, and looks so good - the trim hasn't been done since the house was built in 2000, when we did the walls the last time we ran out of energy to do the trim.

For those interested, I put a couple more photos of our beautiful sunflowers in yesterday's wash - one multi-headed one.

Gotta go rest my back. Betty

shipbroker
08-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Uschi. he had a small ranch where he bred horses and I think his divorced wive was sn Ontario girl.

The rain did come and was followed by a great sunset, photo taken.

geoff

JudyL
08-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Been busy, worked on the "Kids" painting then had to go to Costco to get gas, as Jack had to help Kevin with a tree thing. I ran some errands then picked up Lauren and piles of stuff to go to Good Will, then as we had followed Jack home, we all went to Red Robin for lunch :smug:
Now while I recover will work on putting people in the painting. I want to finish it by or on Friday. Oh, while I was at the local art shop, I found pre-built canvas in black! I will try to do a graduate person (white on black) for a cousin who has just graduated, my standard gift lately.

Later