PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Sunday 4th August 2013 ***

Yorky
08-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Good morning all :clear:

Started off dull but the blue skies are breaking though :music:

Had a wonderful evening with friends unfortunately something I ate - probably cheese gave me a severe stomach ache. Luckily I had som Gaviscon gels in the car and this seemed to calm things down. I'm back to normal now, will be OK when I get some food inside me.

Started listening to Artists Helping Artists in bed, will have to finish it over breakfast then it will be Colour in Your Life.

A bit early to go into the village to pay the papers and get some witch hazel for Ruth, she has sprained her big toe, the one with the pin in it :eek:

Doug

shipbroker
08-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Morning Doug and all following.....

Sori your stomach seems to be continuing the problems Doug.
We are forecast 20C and dull but at moment just the opposite really fresh and bright.

Plans beyond newspapers very few may even get my paints out.

geoff

Yorky
08-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Good morning Geoff :wave:

Doug

doppler
08-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Good evening Geoff and Doug.

Doug, that is an inordinate amount of time for a review. Artists helping artists in bed blows my mind :lol: :lol:

Any old how, we went to Northey street in search of fruit trees this morning. Both totally forgot it was Sunday and it was their farmers market day. Parking was abominable, as was Rogers language. We eventually found a park, had an organic bagel and bacon and eggs ... whatever, we were hungry. Went to their garden shop and found the last pear tree. Does it need a pollinator sez I. Yes said the woman at the counter. Well it's not a pair then said I.

I don't do crowds. :rolleyes:

We left after a good turn to a car scouting for space. A knock on the window and BACK UP and you can have ours. The couple were so grateful and they blocked parking space trawlers so Roger could get his ute out, the Hyacinth conversation I shall not repeat.

We fled and went down Samford road, one that poor Kev and Chris know a bit about. Went onto the Gleam of Delight, sorry Dawn of the previous. Bought the black sapote of lust, as well as thirty bales of spoiled Lucerne for the new garden. Impulse buyers are we. They, the bales, will be delivered nest week. sapote came home with us.

The drive home for me was horrendous and disempowering. The leaves of the tree in the passenger well totally obscured my vision. I CANNOT backseat drive when I can't see. :lol: Roger had a lovely drive home. :angel:

Then after coffee and tea, we spent a splendid hour in the steppe area. I am liking Terra Cognito, just above the Great Wall, pulling out old star pickets. Not much strength in me because of laziness and XX, but I do have gravity, a crafty lazy mind and weight on my side. And a crow bar. And water. And Roger.

Who shallever pull this sword from the stone will be king of England.

Roger got four, I got one out and brandished it, muddy but free, the picket. Stephen and Maud are on again :lol:

Leisure afterwards, just hauling down trimmings to the mulcher.

All done now and roast beef is cooking.

Lulu
08-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Doug......Artists helping artists in bed blows my mind :lol: :lol:

Am ROTF laughing too much to talk....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Scene Chaser
08-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Good Day All,

I'm up early but a decent night's sleep.

Sorry, too, Doug, you are still having stomach problems. Hope the doctor
can make a diagnosis, soon.

((Ruth)) ouch!

Doug, like Annie and Lulu, I am trying not to picture artists helping artists in bed. :lol:

Pat, I like your painting. I'm sure the couple will cherish it. Also sorry for your aching tooth. Cotton well-soaked with whiskey is a great idea. BTW, I happen to be wearing the Lancashire shirt you gave me.

Geoff, definitely get your paints out.

The crows are getting noisy, and the sun will show itself soon.

Must have some toast.
Bill

ScarletLake
08-04-2013, 06:07 AM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hello Everyone

6AM here in OHIO. I tell you I did nothing yesterday but some laundry, a trip to the library and watch TV and nap. told my husband that I felt like my heart and body just wanted to quit. So I needed that rest.

Will take Dad's laundry to him and visit stepmom this afternoon. Then rest of day to myself.

Doug - You sure are having a time of it with your stomach. I have read that vinegar is good for digestion.

Annie - I drove by our farmers market yesterday and it was packed. I will stop next week. The local arts council had a kids day and I heard it was a success.

Pat - Oh NO - I certain sympathize with you nothing worse than a toothache.

JJ - That was awesome finding the last one at the thrift shop. They look great.

I'm going to get the paper and read it and then am going to plan my week. Am planning on getting that large multi media journal I want for painting and journaling. I was just too busy to make it to the store and have a couple of things to put in it already.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday

Anita

Yorky
08-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Doug, like Annie and Lulu, I am trying not to picture artists helping artists in bed.
I don't know what you mean :angel:

Actually this episode mentioned 17 artists and I looked them up on the web. James M Coulter was the one that impressed me most.

Hope your toothache has gone Pat.

Doug

Uschi
08-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Good Morning!!

Love this weather, 12C in the morning going up to 22C and bright sunshine.

Good thing I checked my emails again because I thought Ava's birthday party was today but although her birthday is tomorrow they are not doing the party for another two weeks. Sure would be funny if I arrived at noon and nobody was home because they went to the cottage:lol:

Anyway, I did find a present, kind of for her and for me:) , I bought a Tie Dye kit and two Tshirts. I have never done the Tie Dye thing so it will be an adventure for both of us.

So I really don't have any definite plans for today or our holiday tomorrow, will probably garden a bit, paint a bit, read a bit and ride my bike a bit.

Annie, your life is full of adventures too:)

Doug, yes, our digestive system is getting lazy with old age:lol:

Anita, glad you are looking after yourself with me-time!!

Pat, again, super painting and I hope your tooth is feeling better.

I am hungry and ready for breakfast, :wave: to Lulu, Geoff, Bill and all yet to come and HAWLTAIN!!!!

Uschi

CharM
08-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Happy Sunday... we're enjoying lots of sunshine this morning... comfortable temperatures and no humidity... it's really like September weather if truth be known.

My day? Laundry (a mountain of it) and groceries... Mother Hubbard's cupboards don't even begin to look empty compared to mine. Ted's going to help Magoo move some stuff back home.

JJ, I'm not sure why you're plodding... but your quartet is beyond adorable!

((Pat)) I'd be willing to bet that your tooth is still aching today... Good thing you're not here as tomorrow is a Civic Holiday... I sure hope you get some relief! Your painting will make the perfect gift! Beautifully done!

Judy, an opportunity to paint completely missed???? :p

Doug, thanks for the :lol: this morning... it's good to know that there's a little Colour In Your Life after Artists Helping Artists in bed... :wink2:

Happy painting, Geoff!!

Hi Annie... please, please, please write a book... :lol:

Hiya Lulu, Bill and Anita...

Uschi, you gave me a great idea for my Granddaughters' visit!!! I'm going to Michaels to buy a tie dye kit and some little t-shirts! :clap: Being retired means that tomorrow's Holiday doesn't have a lot of impact for us... :lol:

I've dawdled away enough time and must get to it... Have a great day All!

Strawberry Wine
08-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Good Day Washers !

Blue skies and quite breezy. The laundry going out on the line will dry in no time... 14 C again this morning. Quite cool for the 1st week of August. I need it a little warmer than this. 25 or 26 as a high for the day for me is perfect.. Not going to happen in the near future. :(

Doug, when I read that you were going out for dinner yesterday, I thought oh no, hope he orders something bland. What did you eat other than cheese???? LOL about the artists in bed.

JJ, your frog quartet looks marvelous.

Uschi, :D that you thought you were going to the birthday party that was not happening. Sounds like something I would do
I remember tie dying many times. Experiment on the knots on some scrap material varying small vs big knots, looser vs. tighter etc. It is so much fun that I can see you heading out to the store for more shirts.

Char, your bedroom will seem like you are in a brand new room. Next room that is on your agenda, try Home Hardware's Beautitone. We have done a LOT of painting in this house and tried several different brands. We have found it to be the best. They can computer colour match as well if you find a colour chip you like from another brand. Glad you had some help from Magoo and Brittany. When are leaving for your camping trip? Kids eh? They leave home and then come back for a while then leave and return again once more.

Anita, I know yesterday's wait time with your Mom was out of your hands and seemed like forever. Glad that you took a day to rest. You are always on the Go!!! Perhaps you need to slow down a bit and have more days like yesterday

:wave: to Bill, Annie, Lulu, Geoff and all those on there way in.

Cheers,

Gail

Uschi
08-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Uschi, you gave me a great idea for my Granddaughters' visit!!! I'm going to Michaels to buy a tie dye kit and some little t-shirts! :clap: Being retired means that tomorrow's Holiday doesn't have a lot of impact for us... :lol:

Char, get the printer going for coupons:lol: Remember the Tshirts have to be 100% cotton, Michaels' are. Also, there are good videos on You Tube:thumbsup:

When are the kids arriving??

:wave: Uschi

WthrLady
08-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Doug- artists helping artists in bed.........
It's all about the right composition !:rolleyes:

JudyL
08-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I love the idea of Artists helping Artists in bed :lol: :wink:

I did work on the painting, touched up a bit of the sea, and now the scary stuff...putting in the kids! last time I did this (on a smaller scale) I put them in shadow, this time I have to put the in clothes :eek:

off for my walk BBL

kaypainter
08-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Wow short wash so far. Usually by the time I get here it's at least two pages if not three. Yesterday had a bad migraine which started on Friday just before jewelry class. Bummer. Got very little done yesterday. Must get it all done today now. Did finally get into the pool late in the day. The wind had kicked up but the water was delightful. About a week ago someone left the storage room open. I think the handyman was doing a lot of repairs. Someone knows how to turn the heater on and they did. :clap: :clap: Heaven. Can't tell you how much easier it is to swim laps when the water is 82F vs. 78F.

Sorry Doug but I nearly inhaled my coffee on that one. I do hope your stomach gets better soon. So sorry Ruth has sprained her toe.

Pat that is a lovely portrait. Hope your toothache clears soon. That is one pain I would not like to go through again.

JJ love your frog band. Do they play for Brian's TP?

Char that room sounds positively elegant.

Uschi I'm glad you found out about the party before you appeared.

Gail we've been having unusually cool weather for July too, but not 57F :eek:

Glad you like Terra Cognito Annie.

Judy I love that you had a lovely conversation with the dog about the family.

Well better get started.

Have a lovely day.

HAWLTAIN

Kay

NancyR
08-04-2013, 01:20 PM
It is noon here, and I was able to sleep 12 hours straight again. I am either getting ready for vacation or retirement. :lol:

Had to make an emergency run to see Mom. She "borrowed" a walker from someone and took a stroll. I had three phone calls in an hour, pushing my patience which I don't have much of these days. So, had to drag mother's second walker up to the house.

I should have never told her about my brother and his surgery. She is totally obsessed about the whole thing. She even thinks he wanted to see her. I had to tell her again that he does not care about her. I am sure the next time I go there, it will start all over again. At times she is lucid, and other times she is in her own world.

Pat: Loved the painting, so will your friends.

Doug: Sorry about your stomach upset and Ruth's toe.

Judy: Whenever we pick up our dog from her vacations, she tells us everything she did all the way home. So, I am positive your "grand dog" was telling you her concerns, too.

Uschi and Char: Be sure to post photos of the t-shirts when you are finished. That is one thing I have never attempted.

Kay: I have only had one migraine, and it was horrible. I could not imagine getting them all the time. Mine was related to work stress about 15 years ago. Quit the job, never had another.

Hugs to all in need!

JudyL
08-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Back from the walk, I did the longer walk around the park, being Sunday in soccer (footie) season there were lots of games in progress. My back is pretty much back to what is normal for me. But I may need to schedule appointments to tweak it.

We leave for Sidney (Nebraska) next week and the reunion I think we will be gone for maybe 2 weeks, the kids will check on the place, and pool :rolleyes:

Kay, it is so easy to talk to Daisy, as she starts the conversation! I imagine that she is telling me how worried she is and they have been gone ALL NIGHT! I always come away covered with hair, but she really is a lovely beast and such a hoot!

I did some work on the painting and feel sure to be able to finish it by tonite?

WthrLady
08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Whoot! We have a new DOCTOR!

Drollaeem
08-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Good morning, back from visiting in-laws. :) I must admit, some of your updates seem to be in code. Footie? Star Pickets? Artists in bed?

But who am I to talk? When we got back we realized the only food that didn't spoil was coffee, hard cider, and candy. Not in that big of a rush to go shopping, either.

It was a nice visit. Got in some R&R time, and let my young niece paint. Just like my husband so goes for the most expensive things first - she went right for a sable brush and used a good fun money's worth of paint for one doodle. She almost used up a $14 tray all in one go, but I convinced her to switch her colors up a bit, and maybe add some more water instead of just plopping a thick paste of color on. But she was careful and respectful of all, and I made a deal that as long as she keeps up a love of painting I'll buy her a proper artist's kit in about 3 years.

New Gamboge
08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi - well, we didn't get enough rain, but at least it rinsed the dust off of things.

Some more sunflowers for you - they are both in one of our greenhouses:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2013/122734-P1020743.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2013/122734-P1020746.jpg

Betty :cat:

shipbroker
08-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Evening all.

Been wet most of day but did get my washing dry.

Didn't paint ir anything energetic just a crossword or two.

Goodnight all

geoff

LynnM
08-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi all! On i-pad so short message....outside store with free wifi. 'Camping' in a yurt is wonderful! Thinking of you aii. We are on the way to thunder bay tomorrow, I ll check in there.......All the best to everyone!

happhoto
08-04-2013, 04:34 PM
checking in again gang!!

Still no home internet so back in the studio to catch up on important emails and make an online reservation for a massage. currently switching Internet providers so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow while I am at the ballpark to bring in the fiber optic cable...then tuesday I hope to get connected tuesday before I head to the ballpark...games all week so time will be scant and Annie will have to be the "on site" person . Weather is hot and clear...one day of rain to break the streak of 33 dry days...and one day was all there was...now we start a new streak...
Off to do shopping for the week, easy meals for Annie while I work the ballgames.

Hugs to all!
hap

villagernb
08-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Good evening Washers. We're back from our son's Vancouver wedding. Here are a few photos. The first ones are of the wedding ceremony.
There is a photo of the view from the patio of the Museum of Vancouver where the ceremony took place.
The reception was inside in a hall with floor to ceiling windows.
The evening ended with fireworks right outside over the water! It was England's night to perform in the Festival of Lights fireworks competition. Their display had a James Bond theme (our son's favourite movies.) It was a wonderful day!

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3943.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3943.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3938.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3938.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3974.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3974.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3853.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3853.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_3977.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_3977.jpg.html)

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/giro_man/IMG_4014.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/giro_man/media/IMG_4014.jpg.html)

Lulu
08-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Wow, beautiful photos!
Lovely couple, beautiful bride and handsome groom.
I sooooooooo love the dress!
Thankyou so much for sharing them.

Hi Hap :wave:

Wetc is being a bit slow for me today so won't risk any more chat in case this doesn't post.

JudyL
08-05-2013, 01:29 AM
We went to the kids for dinner, Pizza and broccoli and tomatoes, oh and a couple of glasses of wine, and (I could NOT believe this) a GI Joe Movie :eek: I could NOT believe it! but I did get stuck in. Oh and they loved the Yurt!