PDA

View Full Version : Behind the cloud

Hind
08-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone , i haven't posted or painted anything for months now .. until yesterday ...
so here is my new painting , it's acrylic 30 x 40 , named " Behind the cloud"
all C & C , comments , anything is welcome :thumbsup:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2013/1109202-1.JPG

PushingPixels
08-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Nice, has a real industrial feel to me. good balance too.

birdhs
08-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Hind- welcome back, hope to see more from you

thanx4sharing

greggo

st.bede
08-03-2013, 11:02 PM
(I always think that I have to say that I have no formal training in art and thus I am scared that I will make a mistake or an naive statement)

I was immediately drawn in and it was difficult for me to break my attention away. For me it has a deep peaceful feel of mystery, an archetypal sense of mystery.

(Being a musician first, when I see a painting I like to in my minds eye try and "hear" it. What I hear is a quartet of violins playing polyphonic chord progressions using harmonics, that bead against each other and, when vibrato is applied it modulates the beading from mellower to more intensity. Due to the high pitches it never becomes overbearing but always contains a sense of whiteness, not eerie, but not without an edge. I have head an "art" music composer do such a thing but I do not remember who and my knowledge of late 20th century "art" music [what is typical called classical music] is very limited).

humanguy
08-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I am very much with this painting, I like it a lot. The title, well...but painting is great. Is this what you do?

Thank you for your painting.

J

jimwhalen
08-04-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm drawn into the mystery of this. I'm sure it is stunning IRL.

aidaebr
08-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I like the whole concept, and the mystery behind it. Just as a humble opinion though, I think something is missing with the top right part, maybe the brush strokes, something that I am not sure what it is... Anyway it's just my opinion, you may just ignore it :) Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work my friend

abstractca
08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Really nice, great colors !

Hind
08-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Nice, has a real industrial feel to me. good balance too.
Thank you :thumbsup:

Hind
08-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Hind- welcome back, hope to see more from you

thanx4sharing

greggo
Thank you , glad to be back :thumbsup:

Hind
08-04-2013, 08:58 PM
(I always think that I have to say that I have no formal training in art and thus I am scared that I will make a mistake or an naive statement)

I was immediately drawn in and it was difficult for me to break my attention away. For me it has a deep peaceful feel of mystery, an archetypal sense of mystery.

(Being a musician first, when I see a painting I like to in my minds eye try and "hear" it. What I hear is a quartet of violins playing polyphonic chord progressions using harmonics, that bead against each other and, when vibrato is applied it modulates the beading from mellower to more intensity. Due to the high pitches it never becomes overbearing but always contains a sense of whiteness, not eerie, but not without an edge. I have head an "art" music composer do such a thing but I do not remember who and my knowledge of late 20th century "art" music [what is typical called classical music] is very limited).
Thank you so much for your comment , i truly appreciate it ...
I have to say that there is no training or falling in mistakes when it's about describing what a piece of art mean to us , what do we see , it's all about feelings and emotions at that moment , about the person itself ...
and you described the painting in such a beautiful way , words and everything ... Thank you again :heart:

Hind
08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
I am very much with this painting, I like it a lot. The title, well...but painting is great. Is this what you do?

Thank you for your painting.

J
I'm not so sure about the name too , i heard " Mystery" a lot in comments , so i guess that it may work as a name for the painting ...
Thank you for the comment :thumbsup:

Hind
08-04-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm drawn into the mystery of this. I'm sure it is stunning IRL.
Thank you so much for your comment :thumbsup:

Hind
08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
I like the whole concept, and the mystery behind it. Just as a humble opinion though, I think something is missing with the top right part, maybe the brush strokes, something that I am not sure what it is... Anyway it's just my opinion, you may just ignore it :) Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work my friend

I kinda feel that way with the right part , i may add something to break the brush strokes , to add some randomness maybe ...
Thank you so much for your comment , i appreciate that :thumbsup:

Hind
08-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Really nice, great colors !
Thank you very much :thumbsup: