PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Rush

Spottters
08-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Encaustic on panel 11X18

Used more color in the background with this one.

C & C welcomed

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2013/984009-image.jpg

Hind
08-03-2013, 12:17 PM
I love the colors , makes you feel alive
Great work

davefriend
08-03-2013, 12:37 PM
This feels like a fantasy landscape to me, circles cascading down from the sky like the golden waterfall sharing its golden life to the darkened earth. Love the really deep tones of the lower third of the painting and how the spheres come alive and stand out clearly in it. Very nice Spottters! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PushingPixels
08-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Spotters, I must say I have enjoyed watching your progression with your posts. So much so it makes me want to dabble in Encaustic myself. This piece is exceptionally strong.

Spottters
08-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks Hind. I wasn't sure they worked, glad you like it.

Dave. I like your interpretation of this painting. I feels bit cosmic to me also. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Pushing P's - I have really developed a strong affinity to encaustic painting. It just feels right to me. So happy you are enjoying my work. I can see the progression as well and i Am really enjoying it. I encourage you to give it a try. Thanks for comments.

birdhs
08-03-2013, 03:17 PM
When taking a class in Cultural Anthropology, and again in Art History I & II, the same info kept coming up about encaustic paintings being so durable, their origins dating very far back. Many of the works shown were Orthodox icons.

I learned very little about encaustic at that time, and until you came along with these vibrant and abstract pieces I had no interest in the medium. Seemed dull and very old-fashioned. and they were done on hand-crafted wooden panels.

You have certainly shown the new face of this medium to a whole bunch of us.

Thanx again for showing us these. Even if I don't comment on each and every one, I am looking at and admiring them!

thanx4sharing

greggo

Spottters
08-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks Greggo. Appreciate your comments. You can do so many different things with encaustic, glad you are enjoying my work.

blackcatbattery
08-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I've seen the others but never really commented- just watched the progression. This one REALLY stands out. Great deal of depth in it. more contrast than the others and I like the way the groups are tighter.

st.bede
08-03-2013, 10:39 PM
(I feel like I should preface my statements by saying that I have no formal training in art at all, but I have been a serious musician with a good share of skill... I am not sure if that gives me any insights at all but I want to say something because I liked your work very much).

Very, very cool... I certainly like it a lot.

I felt like I was walking through a garden (albeit an estranged garden). I like how the dark tones on the bottom make it feel grounded and the lighter "circles" make me feel like I am being pulled up by a breeze and yet the darker circles in the top keep me from feeling like I would float away into nothingness.

(It makes me think of the Jazz drummer Tony Williams when he was doing hard bop with Miles, in the pocket but never trite, free but with a solid groove).

Spottters
08-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Blackcatbattery - thanks for the comments, I think the background added some needed movement...so glad you like it!

St Bede - love your walk through the garden....so glad this piece could take you there. I will have to look up Tony Williams and check out his vibe....thanks for the lovely comments, much appreciated.

BTW - I think you are perfectly qualified to comment on art that is posted here...you bring a fresh point of view...which is always nice.

laf.art
08-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I loved scrolling down on this one - the deepening colours gave me a lovely surprise - you're getting so much depth in your work - bravo

jimwhalen
08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
The rich colors and the high contrast of this piece make it especially beautiful.

abstractca
08-04-2013, 05:03 PM
I really like this one the colors are really bright and vivid strong composition

cmallav
08-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Wow! Loved the details and colors on this one. Great work!

Jon
08-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Beautiful.

trufflecat
08-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Wonderful, brilliant color, just terrific!

Spottters
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
thanks everyone for the positive comments - it seems like this one resonates more than some of the others....