PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Saturday 3rd August 2013 ***

Yorky
08-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Good morning alll :wave:

Yup! The coast is clear :clear:

A dull start to the day but forecast to be warm. And showery.

Painted in front of the TV yesterday, must get more organised though.

Hugs to Lesley, Lyn, and all who are suffering health problems. My nausea persists but the Gaviscon Advanced does seem to help for a few hours. I have a doctor's appointment next Friday.

Doug

shipbroker
08-03-2013, 03:15 AM
morning Doug, No blue Ears I think they live on avwall on Mt Nebo at moment!

Bright day here but close during night with a few spots of rain.

Plans none at moment. n

geoff

Yorky
08-03-2013, 03:17 AM
Good morning Geoff. It has brightened up somewhat here, Simpsons clouds in a Cobalt sky.

Doug

Roun2it
08-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Mornin' each ........ :wave:

Well many things went awry when we got home, I had mail waiting which caused me much frustration and a little upset. Then the phone line was out and so a couple of days without broadband but most of all that upset Chris was the shower had broken ............ :eek: Other things like the triffids taking over in the garden and the revival of the tomatoes and chilli peppers have managed to take all my time since coming home.

I haven't even looked at the photos on my camera yet!!!!

Anyway things have settled down a lot now and I even got time to watch some of the cricket yesterday ......... not good the Aussies look ahead in this one, but looking like it may be heading for a draw as the weather looks uncertain for the last 3 days.

So I got the mail sorted, the phone line is fixed and Chris has had a hot shower so now I'm on top of the world .................. :lol:

Yorky
08-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Good to see you re-surface Kev. I look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Doug

doppler
08-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Good evening Geoff, Doug and Kev.

Glad you are safe and home wellish Kev... and Chris.

SO so sorry you watched that cricket where the Aussies actually got out of their sleeping bags awake. Famous fives lives.

Today, with nothing on the agenda but expectations that have disturbed the torpor, I selected nine paintings to go to the framers and voyaged down the Mt Glorious road and then to Samford and then over hill and dale to Brendale. they gave me a GREAT price. New exhibition coming up in the gallery, now run by Up A Tree Arts. Whatever.

On the way home my unaccompanied eye was caught by the gleam of content. Actually called the Gleam of Dawn Rural store. Roger wasn't with me so I stopped in, as one does. Bought some seedlings, a fig tree and a boysenberry vine. The lovely Fiona mentioned 20% off fruit trees, but for you guys 25 percent. After all, we did accept her free guava trees, end of season, not well and now feeding the birds.

Most of the trees were citrus and having cogitated our current crops and girding of the loins for marmalade making .... no thanks. But thanks. Chocolate sapote caught the eye, but too big for my car.

OK I came home with yet another fig tree, did I mention I LOVE them, and a boysenberry vine which may be problematic but Fiona told me the sequence of control. It requires lots of pruning after the first year and Roger with his ever ready shears will be right there.

Roger was PROUD of me when I got home with booty.

We will go to Northey Street organic garden tomorrow in the ute, and as payback will go past the Gleam and nab that chocolate sapote tree. Fruit is chocolate tasting and healthy, unlike Cadburys or who ever.

Spent the afternoon planting seedlings and weeding and chasing scrub turkeys. We may have to re institute the plastic mesh. Also put in an order to Diggers seed club. Well, spring is in the air.

Spring is sort of here, somewhat early. The plum tree out the front is in blossom.

Yorky
08-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Hi Annie, can't resist chocoate eh? :) I looked it up (http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/fruit%20pages/blksapote.htm) - an unusual fruit.

Doug

doppler
08-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Doug :clap: I like the real kind. Roger loves Lindt over Cadbury at present. Actually Lindt is not to bad. I guess I don't like squares. Scoffing it out of fruit from a tree really tickles the elbow. Speaking of which our persimmon tree with FRUIT which disappeared at :heart: the green stage last year and why do the parrots accumulate?, Oh golly gee, it will be netted this year. As will the neach and pectorine trees after the great pruner, Roger, has got to them

Thinking of all :heart: :thumbsup:

Lulu
08-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Evening everyone:wave: Doug, Geoff, Kev, Annie....

:music: We are the champions, we are the champions........of Super rugby!!! were you watching Annie??;) Chiefs (our team) 27, Brumbies (Oz team) 22......:clap:
Was a thrilling finish! my poor heart!

Good to see you back Kev, hope you've had a hot shower too :D

doppler
08-03-2013, 06:15 AM
Sorry Lulu, still swilling in the fact that some lashings of ginger beer woke our crickets. Eventually. Might have been the bacon sandwiches ... ? And ... Manchester.... your all blacks and ASSOCIATES are always the champions of the world, and better still, with fervour. Bet they get out of their sleeping bags really early and have lashings of ginger beer the night before the action.

They have also refrained from reading Enid Blyton in childhood.:cool: :eek: :angel: It was a real adventure Of the imagination. After reading how Noddy painted himself into a corner, it taught me spatial aesthetics ... :rolleyes: :lol:

OK OK Im tired and,expecting mind movies tonight .

painterbear
08-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to seven in the a.m. here in wet and soggy Oakwood. It has rained on and off all night and more is expected today.

I'm taking a couple of my paintings down to Miamisburg Art Guild (a town about 10 miles south of us) for a juried art show today. :crossfingers: they will be accepted. I'm putting in my orchids and my Chinese lanterns works.
Oh well, nothing ventured; nothing gained, eh.

Making slow progress on my work in progress...taking my time because I'm hoping it will look good in the end. I'm trying to decide if I should put in a table surface now or wait until later. I might bite the bullet and put it in today. :eek:

Annie, Looks like you can't pass a nursery up without buying more plants for your estate. That chocolate tree sounds really interesting. I've not heard of it before. Does it really taste like chocolate or do you have to stretch your imagination to make it seem like it does?

Kev, I can imagine what turmoil there was getting things settled after your extended vacation. Glad you got the shower working again for Chris to enjoy. ;)

Doug, Sorry to hear your tummy is still causing you problems. Hope the doctor can help you out next Friday. :crossfingers:

:wave: to Geoff, Lulu, and all who are on their way. Sending white light to all our ailing and aching Washers.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
08-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning!!!

Another PERFECT day, sunny with a high of 22C:thumbsup:

No excitement in my house today. Playing table tennis and then need to think of something for Ava's 7th birthday party tomorrow. Not an easy task because between parents and relatives she pretty well has everything she could possibly want.

Sylvia, keeping :crossfingers: for you.

Annie, it really is a hardship trying to go past a nursery without buying something:) They were selling small fig trees here in spring, beautiful leaves, I was very tempted but don't trust what they said about being fine in our winter. Why would they suddenly be fine now when they weren't before??? Lindt Chocolate - :heart:

Doug, I am sorry your stomach is still bothering you!!

Kev, glad all is back to normal in your household!!

:wave: to Lulu, Doug and all yet to come and best wishes to our sick friends!!!

Uschi

CharM
08-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Good morning! Our little corner of the world is a cool 15C with brilliant sunshine brightening the day... It's not summer weather, but it's not raining either... :)

We'll be painting the bedroom today. With today's acrylic paints that are water soluble, it just doesn't take all that long... and the open windows will keep the fresh paint smell to a minimum.

Doug, I often paint in front of the tv because my *studio* stuff is at the other end of our Family Room... I'm sorry that you're still feeling nauseous... :(

Hiya Geoff... where are you?

Kev, isn't it the truth that the simple things in life, a nice hot shower for example, are what make us the happiest??? Welcome back.

Annie, Gail gave me a cutting of chocolate mint earlier this year... it's growing like gangbusters and really does have a hint of chocolate on your tongue... I'd love to grow a fig tree... and if they're hardy in our zone, I'm going to get one!!!! :)

When my Father was alive, he returned home to Belgium every two years to visit with our family. He took an empty suitcase with him that he filled with chocolate for his return to Canada. My cousin Marcel is/was a chocolatier, so you just know how well filled that suitcase was...

Hi Lulu!

:crossfingers: for acceptance to the show, Sylvia... There's nothing wrong with taking it slow when painting something you really want to work out instead of forging ahead full speed and possibly making mistakes...

Oh my gosh, Uschi... it's just hard to imagine that Ava's 7 already... time sure does fly. It seems like yesterday that you were babysitting her!

So, that room isn't painting itself... I'm off to get some work done... Have yourselves the very best possible day! :heart:

shipbroker
08-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Char..... I am next to the tiny River Idle which flows into the River Trent. We sre on the borders of Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire to the East of the Central Yorkshire connurbation.....very agricultural area though does have an ancient oil industry hence the odd 'nodding donkey' in the fields. Unlike last week where we were in wooded valleys of the Derbyshire Dales the land around here is very flat.

geoff

Scene Chaser
08-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Good Day All,
We had a rain last night but it is bright and sunny out now.

My BIL in southern Ontario, has a couple of large fig trees in his greenhouse. Before the greenhouse, he would bend them to the ground in Fall and mulch them to protect them from the cold. Figs are very good for you.
He has 27 other fruit trees and a huge garden. I should move next to him. I would never run out of vegs and fruit.

Most of my ivy patch died out last winter. Deer and cold were the culprits. I am tilling the area in order to plant grass seed. Those vines are quite stubborn to pull from the ground, but the little tiller does the job.
It is 99 F in the sun.

Bill

NancyR
08-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning from sweltering Texas--100s all week. Yesterday at lunch, I ran to Walmart and Target. Mission: find a small, cheap canister vacuum to pick up dust bunnies. Found: One small shop vac that came with all the accessories for $35. Sold! Used: All dust bunnies are gone. Mission Accomplished: Back saved, floors are clean. :) I have to learn to live with the sciatica, so I am making adjustments in how I do things. I had 12 hours of sleep last night. It felt so good just to sleep in.

Gardening is the least of my favorite tasks in this heat. I have already lost flowers and just do not have the energy to fuss over them this year. It could also be that my back problems started with moving stuff around the garden.

Geoff, it sounds like you are having a wonder trip in your caravan.

Char, It sounds like the perfect weather for painting!

Doug, I made things simple and put the studio in the living room. So, I could watch TV while being creative.

Kev, Glad that you are settled back in at home.

Hugs to all in need. Have a few chores left before I can enjoy the rest of my Saturday.

JudyL
08-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Morning (here anyway) I did wake earlier than I wanted due to somebodies @!#%&**!!!! dog, who starts barking at about 6am :mad: spoiling my idea of sleeping in!

REALLY REALLY REALLY plan on finishing the "Kids Seeing The Ocean for the First Time" painting. And this may really happen as the distractors are camping out in Yurts in Watsonville.

Need coffee, BBL

alansam
08-03-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2013/196272-IMG_4479_2.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2013/196272-IMG_4492_2.jpg well a nice day for it Doug
My daughter called ,,Dad come on lets go for ride .was a nice day and a nice meal.:wave: :wave:

Yorky
08-03-2013, 12:53 PM
You should have let me know Alan, that's just down the road from here.

Off out to dinner with friends this evening.

Doug

ScarletLake
08-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi Everyone

Today I just feel like a balloon that has been deflated.:( :(

Yesterday getting stepmom out of hospital took forever. I sat there from 12:30 pm till 5pm and then took her to the nursing home and got her situated. Then upstairs to visit dad and get his dirty laundry. Walked in my door at 7pm. My foot and ankle were really swollen.

I'm not going today. Just can't do it. I need to replinish myself.

Was intending to go to see the watercolor exhibit but I have until the 17th to do that. I may get to the library today.

I watched old Doris Day movies last night. Always loved her and it was a real treat. Almost the same as comfort food effect.

Doug --Sorry that your stomach is still bothering you. They'll get to the bottom of it eventually.

Annie - Sounds like you are doing a good planning job for your garden. Oh how I wish it were coming around to spring here.

Kev - The "reality" of coming off vacation. UUGGHH

Nancy - You reminded me I have not been in Target for about 6-7 months. I haven't been doing any shopping for a long time unless it was an absolute necessity. sounds like the shop vac was just the thing.

Sylvia - Good luck on your submissions.

Char - I'm sure the room will look beautiful when you are done painting. How is your son doing with his nursing and living out on his own.

Bill - It is getting quite humid here today. Calling for some rain later in the day.

Hello to all those left to come.

Enjoy the weekend

Anita

JudyL
08-03-2013, 03:18 PM
A quiet (I hope :crossfingers: ) weekend, the kids are in a Yurt, so we are on our own.
Hope all who are in pain or suffering get better quickly!

CharM
08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm so tired!!!!!

The bedroom is painted! Two coats of a beautiful cafe au lait with creamy white woodwork trim... the black mini blinds have been washed and are drying... we are ready for the carpet layers.

We've been blessed with a day in the mid 20's and no humidity... I had the windows open while we worked... Magoo and Brittany helped us with the first coat before they had to run to work.

I can't say that Behr paint is my favourite choice... it's very thick... almost like pudding... but, it didn't spatter, so that's a good thing.

I need to do laundry and get groceries, but that'll wait till tomorrow! I have enough fresh vegetables to make dinner.

Geoff, it sounds so open and fresh... what do you do when you're camping in these areas? Is it a restful respite?

And Windsor's only an hour from Chatham, Bill! :)

Nancy, I can tell you that Uschi and I have had this discussion many times... learning to adjust to what ails us isn't an easy thing... but, determination and stubbornness win out... so, I'm glad that you also found a solution to your problem!

So, Judy, with the kids away did the grownups get to play? Did you paint?

Nice photos, Alan... a lovely day spent with your Daughter!

Magoo is nursing, Anita... but there are only part time jobs available in our area, so it's still pretty hard to make a go of it... I'm glad you decided to stay home today to regroup.

Have a nice evening, Doug...

So, dinner doesn't seem to be cooking itself... the kitchen calls my name... Have a nice evening everyone!

Europa
08-03-2013, 06:05 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Currently suffering from toothache - am sat here with cotton wool soaked in whiskey on the offending tooth....seems to be working. :thumbsup:

Been a beautiful day today - have been finishing off a painting - as you know I rarely have a good night out but this month have a wedding evening do next weekend and a 60th birthday the week after.

Decided to do something a bit personal for the wedding couple so came up with this......it's acrylic and am hoping they like it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2013/29499-DeffofinaAl.jpg

Sorry to hear some of our family aren't well - hugs to everyone feeling under the weather or battling illness (((((()))))

Been watching a really interesting series on History channel - the Men Who Built America - about Vanderbilt - Rockerfeller - Carnegie - Ford and JP Morgan. It is interesting to see how they were all linked.

Re painting in front of the TV - that is the only place I paint.....lol.....good job I can multi task except when am watching The Returned as that is in French so I have to concentrate on the subtitles.

Must admit I can happily pass a nursery although our John can't - I remember the cutting Gail gave me (can't remember what it was) that I smuggled into the country - it took really well but unfortunately our gardener (ie our John) killed it off in the winter....oh well - will just have to pick up another some day. :thumbsup:

Mum is doing ok - had the district nurse back yesteday - her pressure sores were really bad - I had them beautifully under control before she went into hospital - she came out - nightmare - don't know what they were doing but it evidently wasn't seeing to her pressure sores.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

We have got a little machine for her to strengthen her leg muscles - it is like a stepping machine but you can sit down to use it. So we do a little every day with her....then I will move her onto the little bike I have that you can also use sitting down. Am thinking of getting her a tracksuit and sweatband....lol.

Well better go and renew my whiskey on this cotton wool. :thumbsup:

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

JudyL
08-03-2013, 08:31 PM
No painting yet, Jack dragged me out to the kids place to console the dog, (German Shepherd) what a baby! she "told" us long stories about the family was gone and she was so worried, at least that is what I think she was saying, :rolleyes: She really is a sweetie. Then Jack took the long way home, and we had to stop as there were 2 very long trains crossing the road, oh well the days still young-ish.

Pat, oh yes get Winnie a jump suit, I think she'd LOVE it!

laudesan
08-03-2013, 08:52 PM
:wave:

Still plodding along. Managed to sketch again yesterday.

I forgot to tell you, that i finally found my drummer frog. My Jazz trio is now a quartet. I found the drummer at the Reject Shop on friday.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2013/22284-Frog_Drummer.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2013/22284-Frog_Quartette.jpg

Alan so neat to see you posting, and showing us your photos. Lunch with daughters are just the best!!!!!

Congratulations to Char on her sale. Uschi did you have a sale too? I am so behind here. sorry.

Pat love your painting.

Huge hugs to all in need.

Love you guys..

Uschi
08-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Pat, your painting is FANTASTIC!!! They will absolutely LOVE it!!!

JJ, LOVE your quartet!!!!! What luck that you found him!!

11:15 p.m. and I am off to bed, good night/morning/day!!

Uschi