PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Tuesday 30th July 2013 ***

doppler
07-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Not me??? :lol:

Heavens, I have avoided the return of blue flappy things.

Watched the pre dawn, which got darker before the sun came up. I think the moon set. Did work which was BUSY. Got home in time to see the slaves at their labours. Roger said something not very nice when I called out "is that all you've done?" Ben laughed.

Main contractor Tom, did a brief appearance still exuding viruses. Sign of the cross fingers, GO back home. He did.

Now it is getting dark. Birds are asleep. Only the rumble of peak hour on our road interrupts the silence. It is splotting gently. Raining. Cats are in and moaning in starvation, as ever.

My expensive pommy wood splitter is doing his thing. Promise that dinner will be special for the special. :heart:

BBL

Yorky
07-30-2013, 03:44 AM
You are safe Annie :lol:

Well, it's a fine start to the day, showers forecats a nice cool 17c/63F.

Last night's performance of "Evita" was wonderful, great singing and dancing. Lovely pre-theatre meal.

Doug

cloudchaser
07-30-2013, 04:01 AM
Good morning all:wave:

Hello Annie, Where is all the people?? :lol: sure is empty in here!

Nearly ready for the trip to work on bike. Could get some showers today though, fresh breeze too.

Tomorrow my wife Pat and I are off for a weeks holiday to my brother's near Windsor, berkshire. Will get some time to paint hopefully and take some photos of Windsor for future paintings. :crossfingers: the weather holds for us. On thursday 1st August we are off to the races (horse racing) at Goodwood on the south coast of England, our annual trip on Ladies day, plenty of lovely ladies dressed up for the occasion. Maybe I might win a few pounds as well, would make a nice change:lol:.
Best wishes to all washers under the weather.

((((Henry & Lesley))))) Hope you get the positve treatment soon and be on the road to recovery.

Have a good day all
Regards

Tony:wave:

cloudchaser
07-30-2013, 04:02 AM
Hi Doug!

Sorry , cross posted.

Tony.

Yorky
07-30-2013, 04:34 AM
Hi Annie, see you came back when you thought it was safe :lol:

Hi Tony, have a good day at work and watch that back!

I look forward to seeing your Windsor paintings and photos.

I travelled to so many beautiful places before i took up painting and didn't take advantage of the occasion :crying:

Doug

doppler
07-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Tony, just have a good time.

Was dipping the blue toes in the waters of the early wash, Doug. Skittish am 1:lol:

Early but sleep calls. Early to bed, early to rise..... Chapter seven of the movie of closed eyes awaits. i would be a fabulous producer of movies if I could remember what the heck they were about. And if I had the talent :lol: :rolleyes:

Time out now :wave: :wave: :heart:

shipbroker
07-30-2013, 04:58 AM
Morning all.
Looked in at 0330 briefly thought it too early and when I looked again about 0700 realused that I was in danger of blue ears and also my iPod was almost flat.. si left it to the Oz night shift

Only very light rain last night and mid-60's here with high clouds. Plans limited to newspapers may go and look at some National Trust properties For anyone wanting a clue where we are we in the the Amber Valley quite close to Chatsworth.

geoff

ScarletLake
07-30-2013, 06:21 AM
:wave: Good Day Everyone:wave:

Well it is almost 6AM here in Ohio. Beautiful weather were are having here but it has a Fall feel to it. While visiting stepmom in hospital yesterday looking outside her window from the 6th floor the clouds looked like big white cotton balls and were not moving at all. Looked like they were painted in place.

Looks like she will be discharged today and will be going to the same nursing home. I think they came up with a plan to put her on a different floor so Dad may never know that she is even there. The worry my sister had was that when she got released to go home and he did not it would really be a problem.

She has some worriesome cellulitis in her left leg and she is really suseptable to getting pneumonia.

Well for me today is the day I have my Ortho visit at 9:40 AM. I have all my paperwork filled out, my xray on CD disk and reports, insurance card and copay. I'm ready. NOT ---I fear that they will have to go in for that piece of bone spur sheared off.

I am hoping that I will be able to stop and see my friends at the art museum after my appt. I really miss that. It was the only night of the week that I left the house and I was in an environment that I totally escaped the dramas of the family. For those few hours each week I got to meet people, smile, have a pleasant conversation, be around beautiful things, beautiful art. They couldn't get to me there. I miss it.

I have decided that I am going out this week and buy myself a BIG Mixed Media journal and I am going to write and paint in it EVERYDAY. I really have found that I LOVE to write. I think maybe more than paint but love the two together. It calms my soul. Also I want to do a series of painting on my town. So I have a direction for the next year at least in this area.

OK - enough from me. :lol: :lol:

Geoff -- Your camping sounds nice. Hope not too many were damaged in the storms.

Annie - Yes I think the same things about my dreams. Great script ideas.

Doug - Glad the play was good. As for eating out ---I would really like to go to Olive Garden and have their soup and salad for lunch one day. Love that.

Darla - It's almost HUMP DAY. :clap: :clap: I think we are having your same dinner tonight. Chicken is defrosting now and I am picking up some potatoes today. I have some green tomatoes growing on my tomato plants. And a cucumber - lots of blooms on that plant.

Uschi - Hope that you get good news on your xrays.

Char - You always sound super busy.

I just thought haven't seen JJ post the last several day.

Well :wave: :wave: to all yet to come.

Anita

Uschi
07-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Good Morning!!!

Cool right now but sun is shining brightly and temps are to go up to 22C - perfect!!

This morning I am off for a browse about at the St. Jacob's market with a few table tennis friends. Will see how this goes because I really am not good with a lot of walking. In the evening having supper with DIL's parents.

Anita, I hope all goes well with your stepmom.

:wave: to all here and all yet to come and wishing you a good day!!

Uschi

painterbear
07-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 8:15 a.m. here on another pleasantly cool morning in Oakwood. As Anita said ^^^, we are having an early preview of Fall these days. No complaining, it is so nice to be able to open windows and not need the AC. :D

Started painting my Mother's Day bouguet picture yesterday in class. This may take me a while because I really want it to turn out well. As Uschi asked, I want to hang it over the living room sofa if it does (after putting it in a Show or two ;) ). I also posted my Balloon Flower painting in the Gallery this morning if you'd like to see it. Unfortunately, couldn't get a really true photo, the camera just doesn't like the colors I used, I guess. :o

Annie, I understand about your movie memory dilemma because I almost never remember any dreams I've had when I wake up in the morning. :rolleyes: The Great Wall of Mt. Nebo is progressing nicely. :thumbsup:

Tony, Hope you have nice weather for your vacation journey. Look forward to seeing the paintings you make from your photos.

Anita, Good luck with your visit to the doctor, :crossfingers: it will be an easy one and you won't need surgery....unless it is absolutely necessary, of course. It's a shame you've had to curtail your volunteer duties at the Art Museum, I know you were enjoying it a lot (except for the gift shop manager, of course ;) ).

Doug, Seeing a live performance of a musical is a lot of fun, even more, I think, than seeing it all polished up on the silver screen. We used to go to the performing arts theater productions at the local colleges in California and also here at Wright State University and we always enjoyed whatever they did.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
07-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Grouphug: to all in need :grouphug:

I managed to sit on my patio for an hour or so today, watched the rain belt down, and sketched a little..

:wave:

shipbroker
07-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Afternoon all

Very close and thunder/rain due shortly so hope the towels from our shower are dry enough to bring them indoors.

Got paints out on return from Matlock but too uncomfortable to start so back in the locker......perhaps next week??

geoff

Scene Chaser
07-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Good Day All,

A lovely cool evening for sleeping, but now already 82 F in the sun.

So far all I've done is bake bread and wash a load of dishes.

I will work in the shade today.

Bill

Ellen in Ont
07-30-2013, 10:44 AM
:wave: everyone,
This is the first sunny day in weeks it seems. I've already been out and weeded my small veggie patch. The grass is about 6" high but it will be cut today as soon as it dries.

I finished my "quick" painting for our art club's show that will be hung tomorrow. That painting was painful and procrastination had me cleaning rather than painting. :D Now I can get back to my big painting that is also taking me forever. Once I finish this one I am going to be working much smaller for awhile to get some new stock ready for the Christmas sales. I also ordered more silk dyes and lots more silk scarves so I'll have a nice selection of those for the sales. The dye has to be ordered during the summer because they can't be allowed to freeze. I order most of my paint supplies during the summer for that reason.:rolleyes:

I need to get some ivy pruned back now that the weather is cooperating for today at least. It has grown over the arch at our front gate so badly that I have to duck when I walk under. I pity the poor postman.:rolleyes: It has also grown up a couple of small trees and needs cutting off them as well. It took about 10 years to firmly get hold but now is becoming invasive. Never a happy medium.:rolleyes:

I'll finish my coffee and get back outside. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

wcartistsr
07-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Good Morning,
Love sun today. We plan on working in the garden a little later. Sprinkler ran so waiting for it to dry a bit.

Working on my ancestry again. Still fun.

Doug, you certainly enjoy a lot of theater performances and dinner out. A great way to spend an evening.
Bill, glad you trees are finally down and your house is safer. Too bad you lost so many. I suppose you will adjust to the change with time, but for now it must seem like having your teeth out.
JJ, glad you got in some sketching. I know how you love to sketch and your practice surely shows in the results.
Darla, hope your vertigo is over. That is not pleasant. I have had a bit from time to time, but not like you.
Sylvia, wonderful painting of a balloon flower. I love their delicate blue color. Have never had a whole lot of luck growing them as the rabbits and deer seem to love them.
Uschi, Hope you enjoy the market and dinner this evening.
Char, I am sure you are happy to get the camper all ready to go. Feels good to get things in order. Glad you are happily painting and enjoy the results when you give us a peek.
Been to have my scooter serviced for the year. I always do an annual checkup on the batteries. Don't want to get stuck somewhere.

I'm off to start the day.

Shirley

olliewood0702
07-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello all,

OH my I'm SO dizzy this morning. I woke up barely able to walk straight. I took two of the pills and am still quite dizzy. I did come into work but don't know if I'll make it through the whole day. UGH. Someone told me that I might need to see my chiropractor. I go every 4 weeks to the chiropractor because of a severe whiplash I had when I was younger. I go faithfully and since my Dr is retiring soon I haven't re-scheduled my appointment so it's been at least 6 weeks. So maybe there is something to that. Last Saturday when it all started I had a neck ache and headache too. It's worth getting an adjustment so am going tomorrow before we leave for Nashville.:thumbsup:

It's sunny and lovely out this morning; rain is gone for a while. It's supposed to be very pleasant temps today.

I thought I'd posted this a couple of hours ago....only to find it still un-posted. I'd minimized it and was doing my data entry...dah..I'm in a fog today.:rolleyes: :confused:

G'DAY:wave: :heart:

NancyR
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon,

I have had a busy morning. After the MRI my leg hurts more than it did before having it. I find out Thursday what the actual problem is with my spine.

This morning, I was talking to my mother's house director. My mother has decided that her and I are going to San Antonio to visit my brother. She had the girls checking on cheap airfare and found out it would be $800. Then she decided we would drive 6 hours one way.

Of course, she has not talked to me. There is no way she could even go via air. There is no way I could asssit her in and out of the car and move her wheelchair. And there is no way she could even see my brother. He is still in ICU, and his wife would not let her near him. My mother had 30 years to make things right with him, and she refused. He had 30 years to make things right with her, and he refused. I am afraid she is losing a grip on reality now.

Anaita, :crossfingers: for good news on your foot.

Darla, you had better get yourself to an ENT to make sure it is not Meniere's disease. The dizziness should not have lasted this long.

Got to run and get some work done.

shipbroker
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Nancy so sad when things get like that with families.....all too common I'm afraid

Rain still threatens, went into Matlock for salad stuff and sweat was running off me, not a pretty site....

geoff

WthrLady
07-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Hey, don't knock Meniere's Syndrome. It's SOOOO fun to live with, NOT!

Grumble.......

DH and the Boy back from Colorado. It was an EH, trip. Too much driving, not much fun.

Got both sheets of dots from DS yesterday. Also shipping BACK a tube of Lapis to them. Dud bath that refuses to mix with the binding agent. It doesn't even want to stick to the brush.

Spaghetti sauce on the stove.

HUMID, and foggy today. Visibility last night was down to ten feet ! Not a fan of the cool and damp. At least hot and damp you can turn on the AC to get rid of the damp.

I NEED to get to that July challenge before I'm out of JULY! LOL.

CharM
07-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Good Afternoon! It's a beautiful, warm and sunny summer's day in the SW of Ontario... not swimming weather, but nice nonetheless. I'll take my pedal boat out later on.

We headed to town this morning to choose paint for the cleared out bedroom. So many chips from which to choose, we finally decided on some earth tones. The mini blinds and ceiling fan are black, so the taupe shades will complement them nicely.

Ted pulled the quarter round off the baseboards and I removed the boarder wall paper. I hate that job. I vacuumed up the dust and paint chips, washed the floor and then made our lunch... yummy egg salad sandwiches made with our own eggs. Ted's going to mud and fill the nail holes and cracks in the walls. When that's dry, I'll get them washed down before I paint them (likely tomorrow).

Tomorrow morning, someone is coming out to quote the carpeting prices. If it's too expensive, I think we'll leave the floors as is. Once cleaned, they really aren't too bad.

So, taking a break, I had to stop by here to see what everyone's up to! :) (((hug))) to all of you who need it and even those who don't... :heart:

ScarletLake
07-30-2013, 02:46 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Back from Ortho ---diagnosis is that yes I broke a bone spur off but it was not big and he does not think it will cause me any trouble. Says that I have a bad contusion of the area and he would not even think of operating on this foot for at least over 3 months down the road.

It is just gonna take time to fully mend. So keep doing what I have been with the icing of it and the exercise of it. I can bear weight as tolerated. It's gonna take at least 3 more weeks he thinks to get back to normal and even then I may have to watch it.

Oh and stay out of trees and off ladders.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stepmom has been sent to the cardiac unit as of early this morning. Watching her and may run more tests. I'm not planning on doing a hospital run to there today unless an emergancy.

Darla - Have you seen a Dr. for that dizziness??? don't wait too long on it. That is not normal.

Ellen ---I'm thinking of Christmas gifts too

JJ - good to hear something from you

Nancy ---Sorry to hear about your brother. Parents --don't they just kill you sometimes. Especially those with the dementia. You have to just laugh with them at the things they come up with. I recently saw a cute card that said "If it not one thing It's YOUR MOTHER". Amen.

well I'm gonna go put my foot up and ice it some.

everyone take care

Anita

Uschi
07-30-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm back from the St. Jacob's Market. I couldn't believe how many people were there, after all, this was a Tuesday morning!!!!! The market is HUGE and I guess a lot of people are tourists because it is smack in the middle of Mennonite country and the village itself has many, many touristy, artsy stores.

I bought apricots, peaches, pears, a few leather belts (red, yellow, white) I have been looking for and a cute cotton blowse, white, of course:)

I did a lot of walking, the Vioxx did the job:thumbsup:

Char, you made fast work of Magoo's room:thumbsup: I almost hope that the carpet is too expensive:evil: :)

Talking about expensive, I have finally made an appointment with the roofer to redo my roof, almost $ 5.000. but I had put the money aside for it before I retired.

Anita, glad the foot doesn't need any major work on it.

Caryl, I wonder what happened to that paint??

Nancy, luckily I have never had to deal with anyone with dementia, sure doesn't sound like fun. We do all these things so we can grow old but do we really want to grow that old:rolleyes: :confused:

Darla, I hope the adjustment helps:crossfingers: Years ago my teacher son had vertigo, suddenly dropped on the floor right in the middle of class and it took a long time to fully sort itself out. So if it is vertigo, it might last a while:eek:

Sylvia, if your bouquet turns out as well as your bellflowers you'll have a FABULOUS painting for over the sofa!!!!

JJ, glad you checked in!!!

Shirley, beautiful day for gardening!!

O.K. I am taking a rest, meaning I'll read in the garden:thumbsup:

:wave: Uschi

WthrLady
07-30-2013, 03:37 PM
no idea. The crusty CS agent I had on the phone last week said that the primateks separate. UM, I've NEVER EVER had one separate. He told me to knead the tube to reconstitute it. I did, and the thing sprung a leak! It still didn't mix and I squeezed about 1/3 of the tube out and mixed it my hand, still won't work. And when it dried, it was shiny, AND when it was rewet, it wouldn't pick up colour only the gum. for $25, I want paint, not goo ! LOL!

WthrLady
07-30-2013, 03:38 PM
OH, and plum jam is set and WOW is it good. I wish I could share it through the net !

New Gamboge
07-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi all - another beautiful day - a bit cooler, which I like. I didn't do any staining today, helped SIL with more fencing so some of the ducks can be moved. Our tadpoles are turning into frogs - I was worried that we might not get any this year as the ducks had been in the pond last year, but we have lots. I counted 5 waterlily flowers today. And we have one sunflower in the garden that has at least 14 flowers. Betty

Europa
07-30-2013, 06:19 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Nothing much to report cept took Mum to see the doctor again today re her shoulder - seems the only way to cure her pain is to have the operation so we are going to explore the use of the interscalene block anaesthetic again.

He said that in all the ops he has done with this procedure he has never had anyone have diaphragmatic paralysis so we will just have to carefully weigh up the pros and cons. In the meantime he gave her another injection.

Decided to take her for a cuppa to a nice little cafe just up the road from the hospital - it actually used to be public toilets lol --you would never know looking at it now but boy I wouldn't have liked to be the contractor who had to do the initial clearing out. It was a lovely day and nice to sit and watch the world go by.

Mum was telling me that when she was young that the road we were on - which is a long straight main road - was where the youngsters of the day used to parade up and down - boys on one side - girls on the opposite side.....FLOOSIE!!! :eek:

Doug = glad you enjoyed watching Evita - I love live theatre - last one I went to was at Haigh Hall - production of Madame Butterfly - it was only a small venue so they didn't need microphones but boy am I glad I was at the back - that soprano had a powerful voice....lol.

Oh Mum shouting me - doesn;'t that always happen as am in the middle of something....lol.....have to say What Uschi said.....waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

CharM
07-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Such a nice afternoon... I took the pedal boat out and then steeled my resolve and had a swim... our little lake cools quickly when the temperatures turn, so I felt very brave.

Before I went out, I stretched some paper over a frame for my next painting. It takes quite awhile for the gallery wrap to dry, so I wanted to give it lots of time before I draw on it.

Dinner was a hash of turkey sausage, onions, peppers and potatoes... a nice fresh salad of greens from the garden along with a couple of tomatoes from our porch plants...

Now, I'm pleasantly tired and will read my Kathy Reichs book "Bones are Forever". It's not her best, but still a fun read.

Anita, it's good that you won't require any invasive treatment on your foot! You sure have your hands full with both parents so ill... ((()))

Uschi, the water was properly screamable today. :) Your trip to the market was sure successful! BTW, I'm so glad that Ethan will be able to attend the National Ballet School... such an auspicious beginning for him.

Carol, I'm not a fan of plums per se, but love them stewed, made into jam or sauce! :) Your little desk in your Studio is adorable. I'm surprised and disappointed to read that D.S.'s customer service is poor!

Hi Betty... have you, by chance, been snapping any photos????? :)

Pat, I hope there wasn't anything wrong at home... My Mother is 86 and the Dr.'s have told her they absolutely will not operate on her shoulder... she's finding it more and more difficult to use it without pain.

((Darla)) I hope you're feeling some better this evening...

I'll say my g'nites now... Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite... and g'mornin' to the other side of our world! :grouphug:

Scene Chaser
07-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Pat, I had to look up diaphragmatic paralysis, Which really cleared it up for me.
The diaphragm, the most important muscle of ventilation, develops negative intrathoracic pressure to initiate ventilation. Innervated by cervical motor neurons C3-C5 via the phrenic nerves, these 2 nerves provide both sensory and motor function to the diaphragm.[1, 2] With contraction, the cone-shaped muscle of the diaphragm decreases intrapleural pressure during inspiration, expands the rib cage, and thereby facilitates movement of air into the lungs. Diaphragmatic paralysis is an uncommon, yet underdiagnosed cause of dyspnea.[3]

I love the way you love your Mom.
Bill

Lulu
07-30-2013, 08:26 PM
I love the way you love your Mom.

Me too.:heart:

WthrLady
07-30-2013, 09:03 PM
OH NO! DS customer service is WONDERFUL! I just had a doofus on Friday, and knew he was from the get go, which is why I called back today :D I know reps there by name I do so much business, but I didn't recognize the guy Friday that pretty much told me to suck it up.

I use red cherry plums and wow, is this batch good.

I need to do pears next :D
Then we'll be into tomatoes, and then it will be apple pie filling and apple butter season, then I'll do chicken soup! Then my winter stores will be ready :D

Heading off for a soak in the Jacuzzi tub.

Europa
07-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks Bill and Lulu :heart:

The problem we have is Mum has early COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) so her breathing is somewhat compromised - I know that the phrenic nerve will be disabled during and after the operation due to the anaesthetic but they will be able to administer oxygen until the anaesthetic wears off.

But if they damage the nerve then it's game over and that is what I have to seriously consider - the risk factor of that happening. I know they use ultrasound to give a better view of where the nerve is but it also depends on the expertise of the anaethetist.

On the way out of the hospital I was explaining it to my Mum and this hospital worker was behind me and she said.....'that sounds very technical to me'....lol...so I explained it to her as well.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx :wave:

Scene Chaser
07-30-2013, 11:11 PM
(((((((((((Pat)))))))))))))
Bill