PDA

View Full Version : Frostbite

davefriend
07-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Small work I'm calling "Frostbite". 7"x5" acrylic on canvas panel. At first my interest was in texture and then it went to color. C&C welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2013/538491-frostbite_7x5_800x570.jpg

alangraham
07-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Ha! Very clever Dave. I really like this one!

davefriend
07-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Ha! Very clever Dave. I really like this one!uh oh, shouldn't be too clever or they won't sell.

I am afraid this one is doomed by the name... :(

birdhs
07-30-2013, 12:34 AM
so cold out that your finger snapped off?

probably not. otherwise you might have called it frozen digits

visually intersting, but not fond of the title....

greggo

Gigalot
07-30-2013, 04:09 AM
Mysterious place! Well done!

HenrietteW
07-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Excellent. I like both structure and colours. :)
And somehow it reminded me of this guy: Arne Haugen Sørensen, who is quite a name in DK.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2013/1090892-images.jpeg

cmallav
07-30-2013, 10:40 AM
I reall like the colors and texture but don't get the title. Maybe that's your objective?:confused:

Forestgrass
07-30-2013, 12:14 PM
I can sort of understand confusion over the title but the colors are so cool even the yellow but especially the greens, blue and violet so I can understand the icy title. Love the shapes and textures.

davefriend
07-30-2013, 12:37 PM
so cold out that your finger snapped off?

probably not. otherwise you might have called it frozen digits

visually intersting, but not fond of the title....

greggo Title just stuck in my head. It all started out in two shades of serene blue and I thought the oozing pale blue over the deeper blue was texturally interesting. Lived with it for months. Then was cleaning up some unfinished works and I started working with the colors left over on my palette. I did alot of brush and rub applications with color over color and it finally rang a bell with me. Title just floated down on it like a feather to the ground. :cool:

Thanks greggo!

Mysterious place! Well done! Thanks Alex :)

Excellent. I like both structure and colours. :)
And somehow it reminded me of this guy: Arne Haugen Sørensen, who is quite a name in DK.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2013/1090892-images.jpeg I think I can see why Henriette - he uses the 4 digit like shapes everywhere. Cool! Thanks Henriette!

I reall like the colors and texture but don't get the title. Maybe that's your objective?:confused:I guess I could have called it gangrene but I thought frostbite was slightly more tasteful - just kidding, LOL! Toward the end I was just flashing words across my brain and it was then that Frostbite lit something up for me. Immediately after the same brain said you'll never sell it. Which is OK with me ...in that case I am loving it :heart: enough to keep it on the wall for a long time. good conversation piece. Thanks Chaya!!

I can sort of understand confusion over the title but the colors are so cool even the yellow but especially the greens, blue and violet so I can understand the icy title. Love the shapes and textures. I too thought the colors worked together well. Thanks for you comments Forestgrass :)

HenrietteW
07-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Got it! Call it FB and let people wonder. ;) Launch it as the 'enigmatic title'. You'll make a fortune! :D :lol:

davefriend
07-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Got it! Call it FB and let people wonder. ;) Launch it as the 'enigmatic title'. You'll make a fortune! :D :lol:Loving that!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

alangraham
07-31-2013, 10:39 AM
I still really like this piece. It got me to thinking about the size and what we've chatted about in the past. I think this would make for a great matted and framed piece, even though it's on canvas.

Hope you don't mind, but I did this...

Too clever? Nah. You have this out at a show and folks will stop and chat :)

davefriend
07-31-2013, 11:04 AM
I still really like this piece. It got me to thinking about the size and what we've chatted about in the past. I think this would make for a great matted and framed piece, even though it's on canvas.

Hope you don't mind, but I did this...

Too clever? Nah. You have this out at a show and folks will stop and chat :)I really like how the little painting seems focused, thanks Cory! :wave: