PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scrumble 15 September 2003

soap
09-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Hi Guys,

I've been slow to get back into things here at WC for some reason......probably because I got back from holiday a week ago and have tons of work to do now. It's nice work though, so I am not complaining. I am still finishing up my portfolio, but am waiting for the postman to deliver some new ink cartridges caus' I've finished mine.
Am not painting anything at the moment, my pastels are still put away in the cupboard and my easel is standing lonely between the laundry racks and files of nonsense.

I enjoyed your photos from the other day Dyin - looking really good!! Barb.......it is such fun to browse in those shops, isn't it? I was looking for table easels (for display) and found some really nice and affordable (lots cheaper than in the UK) in France. The producer is Lefranc & Bourgeois and they were only 12 Euro. It is a shame they only had three, but I took them all. :D

Chambord from my holiday:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2003/15421-Chambord.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2003/15421-Chambord2.jpg

Dark_Shades
09-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Still having probs with my ISP...... so cant comment often.. wahhhhhhhhhh :crying: :crying: :crying: ... using comp at work :eek: .. whilst no one is looking :evil:

E-J
09-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Same here, Dawn ... it's lunch hour at the office and I've got way too many posts to catch up on and very little time to do so :( We had puter probs here too this morning, and when I tried to upload some images to Craig's project I couldn't :confused: I won't be pastelling until Wednesday now because of visits from friends ... but I will check in tomorrow and see what everyone's been up to as I'm enjoying my morning cup of tea :)

rwhale
09-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Just checking in from work this morning. I'm trying not to get too distracted on here, but you all know how addictive WC is! I'm rather anxious to get home tonight so I can work some more on (drumroll please)....my first commission!!:D :D

-Roger

bnoonan
09-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Roger on your commission!!! Tell us more when you get a chance. It's exciting, isn't it???

Dawn, EJ- ladies - time to get back to work and yet I'm so glad to hear from both of you even briefly. Let's me know that you're alive out there, even if your computers aren't.

Sophie - nice photos of your trip. What building is that in Chambord? I've never been so this Yank needs a few details.

Have a good day all - I've got some paperwork to attend to which is not nearly as much fun as painting.

B

soap
09-15-2003, 12:31 PM
Well done Roger, congrats! Feels good doesn't it?

Barb, this building is called Chateau Chambord in the Loire Valley in France. It is one of most beautiful castles in that area, but there are many, many castles around there. Built in the sixteenth century and an absolute stunner.

Brian Barton
09-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Roger.......Good luck with your commission.....Look forward to seeing it when finished.
Brian.

Dyin
09-15-2003, 02:38 PM
congrats on the commish Roger! Soap...that first shot looks right up your alley...love your portraits but remember you did great buildings too...
yuck, Barb....lol
Sophie...really good to see you back...same here...laundry, cleaning etc...but new Holbeins due in Wednesday!!!!:D

rwhale
09-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Thanks, everyone! I'm planning on putting it up as a WIP (so I can pick all your brains for help while I'm doing this:D ), and also, to help keep me motivated;) .

By the way, soap, those castle pics are wonderful!

-Roger

vrashton
09-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Soap, your pictures look wonderful, are you planning to paint the castle?
Roger, congratulations. I have just finished a commission, not in pastels though, it's done in acrylics. It feels good to get it finished, now I just need to get it framed.
I'm off to pick up two of my kids from school, then back home to cook dinner.
Val

angeline
09-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Sophie......nice to see you back on the boards......the photos are great!
Dawn.....EJ nice to see you are alive and well.
Roger......well done on the commission!
Me....well not done much still.......feeling rotten to the point that i have rung in sick......dizzy , nauseous, and acheing all over! I have no enthusiasim for anything .......I want it back! I'm so miserable :crying:

Greeble
09-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Oh no, Angeline, I hope you feel better soon!

Congrats, Roger! Nice pictures, Soap.

I am getting ready for Isabel *sigh*

Jen