PDA

View Full Version : The Lone Ranger

D.W. Flint
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
16X20 Oil on Masonite. Question. Does the blue look too blue? And any other comments you may have. Thanks...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2013/108422-The_Lone_Ranger.JPG

she1122
07-27-2013, 02:03 AM
If you want to know everything and more than you ever thought of , about color , check out these two books by Stephen Quiller . One is " Color Choices - making color sense out of color theory " and the other is , " Painter's Guide to Color ." I think Stephen Quiller is not only a wonderful artist, but he is also a teacher and able to show people how to do better painting . These two books are my color bibles ! Good luck!

gouligann
07-29-2013, 07:31 AM
I really like this scene! No, I don't think the blue looks too blue. I love the soft colours of the foreground grasses and you've done a good job of blending the sky.

A few things about your horse: He needs a chin. That's the first thing that I noticed.
His ears should be a little larger.
HIS right upper foreleg is larger than his left and his right shoulder/chest is larger-more muscled than his left. (even though it's in shadows, make it the same size)
Is this an Anglo? He has the beautiful slightly dished face of an Arab.
Give him a thicker tail. His looks like it's been chewed off by stablemates lol.

Hope this helps.
Ann

D.W. Flint
07-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks She and Gouligann for you comments. All well received and appreciated....

bocote
08-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Blue looks fine to me.

I think if I had to be critical on anything it would be the overall lack of defining forms in the background. The viewer doesn't get a horizon, which is fine, or any other slight idea of what is exactly back there. When I say forms that doesn't include details as those are great on your subject and foreground. Without some type of development of the background the viewer is trapped on the horse and a bit in the grass.

have fun,

D.W. Flint
08-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks bocote. You've given me something else to think about...