07-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Good Mirning all.

A better night with calm weather here.

No plans yet

geoff

Yorky
07-26-2013, 02:02 AM
'Allo 'Allo Geoff :)

Good morning all, a lovely morning here after overnight rain.

Kev and Chris should be home by now?

Slept reasonably well, woke at 5.45am:thumbsup:

I think I have decided on the August challenge.

Doug

doppler
07-26-2013, 04:36 AM
Hi all.

Busy day here. the contractor wandered over the road but looked and sounded like death warmed up, so he went back home again, leaving his sidekick to do the work. Roger was approaching death this morning but perked up after several strong coffees, and cold and flu tabs and new echinacea thingy I found, or was sold , by the chemist. Then he felt sick and guilty and so went down and helped Ben. they had to hand dig a metre deep hole where the auger couldn't reach. Took them three hours. Both were shattered by the afternoon. These are rocky mountains under the topsoil.

Then clean up and wander down to the cafe for the farewell of our postmistress. She is moving to the green and pleasant land with stinging nettles with her English partner. We only stayed as long as we could to wish them well and say goodbye, then I ushered out the virus magnet before he became distributor and we walked home in the dark.

The double X seems to be holding on so far :thumbsup: :crossfingers:

Dinner to come so may BBL

painterbear
07-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 7:00 a.m. and time to wake up Larry here in pleasantly cool again Oakwood. Temps around 81F today, so that's livable. :D

Off to my PT appointment later this morning and stop at the library to pick up 4 books they are holding for us.

Annie, Keep those XXs working to avoid that dreaded man-flu. Hope Roger and your contractors feel better soon. Progress must be made on the Great Wall of Mt. Nebo!!!! ;)

Hope Kev and Chris are enjoying sleeping in their own bed for a change and catching up on things around home after a nice journey.

:wave: to Geoff and Doug and all who are yet to arrive in the Wash for the day.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
07-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Good Morning Geoff, Doug and Sylvia!!!

Another beautiful, not too hot day.All sorts of things I am half thinking of doing, one of them is to cut up the Ash tree my neighbour and I cut down and take it to the recycle center. Another, maybe go to a nursery slightly out of town who carry beautiful day lilies, neighbour wants to go too. Yet another is to finish that white rose painting.

Will have my coffee while I figure it out:)

Also going to a table tennis buddies BBQ in the evening.

:grouphug: and best wishes to our friends who are sick and :wave: to all yet to come!!

Uschi

FLNH
07-26-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning everyone. We are in Baltimore 1700 miles into our road trip including a family meeting in northern Vermont and a follow up eye appointment at Johns Hopkins for my son. At least I have my DIL and 6yo GD for company on this trip. Tomorrow 400 miles to Ohio and then I get to fly back to NH on Sunday.

I bought my very first travel paint kit, W&N, and a moleskin WC journal,with the best of intentions....but you know how that goes. I am used to spreading out in my studio...these things look designed for Hobbits. I appreciate now the PA painters:)

I have switched to lurkdom for this trip but if white light and good wishes help then I feel better.

It is a lovely morning and I will attempt a walk before the rest wake up.

Fun following the adventures of everyone in the Antipodes. Special thoughts to Winnie, Henry and Leslie and anyone who could use some.

NancyR
07-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning, lower temperatures and rain. I woke up early and headed to the kitchen for a breakfast bagel. As I walked across the kitchen to give Lucy her food and water, something popped in my knee on my bad leg. I can barely walk. Somehow I will have to get to the living room to get my office chair to get to the dressing room for my knee brace. :( If I could afford to retire I would. :lol:

Last night we had to take my iPad mini back to Sprint. The headphone plug was dead. So, they switched it out. Then we went out to eat. Stopped and played the waiting game at the drug store for an emergency run to see my mother. She has a UTI infection again.

I will write more later. Time to hobble and ride to the dressing room.:crossfingers:

Yorky
07-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Good to hear from you Karl, safe journey for the rest of your trip.

PS Hi (((Nancy))) sorry about your knee. Hope you can get mobile again.

Doug

olliewood0702
07-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Hello EVERYBODEEEEE!:wave:

TGIF....FRIDAY.....yeah!!:clap: (can you tell I'm glad it's Friday?):thumbsup: :lol:

They are saying cool temps right through the weekend; and storms and rain too. Sunday only 67F now that is cool for mid-summer. I'm not ready for summer to be over with already. I could care less if the temps get back up to 90 or so but 60's is quite cool. We never get a happy medium.:rolleyes: :confused:

Karl, enjoy the rest of your trip.

Sylvia, have a good PT apt this morning.

Doug, I'm sure glad you're sleeping better these days and that the meds are working.

Nancy..oh OUCH...do I ever know what you are feeling.:( Having bad knees is the pits. I hope you didn't tear your ACL! But a popping noise sounds ominous.

Annie, I hope ((ROGER)) gets over his man-flu right quick. And that you don't get it.:crossfingers: Digging through rock is HARD WORK.

Hello Geoff, no plans...now that sounds wonderful.:D

Uschi, I feel so badly for little Ethan. That is un-believably expensive for that boarding school. How in the world does ANYONE afford it?:confused: I'm sorry it took so long for your trip up there yesterday but glad you enjoyed seeing what he was doing and that you made it home safe and sound.

I have no plans for the weekend other than I'd like to paint. I'll have to do it on my kitchen table but whatever works right?

Larry went in for 3am this morning and he has to work both Saturday and Sunday. We leave next Wednesday for Nashville with the girls so he's looking forward to it. It's been very HOT down there though.

EDIT: HI CHAR, we cross-posted...I hope your hip feels better soon. I'm the queen of procrastination.:rolleyes:

I hope you all find something interesting to do with your day and do it safely.

G'DAY:wave: :heart:

CharM
07-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning... TGIF for Darla and Anita... the sun has graced us yet again without heating us up too much... it's 17C which is just so pleasant.

My hip feels a little better today... still gimpy, but better. I think that I shall procrastinate one more day before tackling my job in the trailer. I have more kale to deal with from the garden which isn't a hard job to contend with... :)

I have an Optometrist appointment this morning... my eyeglasses are several years old and they aren't doing what they're supposed to do!

I have only two more tomatoes on the vine to finish on my composition... then... the basket they're resting in! :eek:

So, where is everyone this morning? It's sure a quiet Wash...

Geoff, there was certainly no danger of blue for you today... I hope you're having a great time caravaning...

Doug, it's a little early for your Challenge decision... I look forward to what you've chosen!

Hi Annie... glad that the XX is holding true to form... Poor brave ((Roger))...

Sylvia , if it stays reasonably cool today, I just may tackle some focaccia!

So many choices, so little time, Uschi! :) I see that you did make the decision to cut down your tree... what a shame, eh? I posted my Juicer in the Gallery, btw...

Hi Karl... I can empathize with your good intentions to paint while on holiday.

Welcome home to Kev and Chris (when they check in)... and good thoughts sent out to Henry's Lesley and our own Lyn...

I'd better get showered and dressed so I can get to my appointment... I hope that everyone has a happy and creative day... :heart:

I x-posted with Nancy and Darla...

(((Nancy))) I sure hope your knee stops hurting so much!!!

Darla, as nice as the cooler temperatures are, a little summer heat would be nice, eh? Without the storms!

ScarletLake
07-26-2013, 08:25 AM
:wave: :wave: TGIF TGIF:wave: :wave:

Well it seems like these Fridays are just whizzing by us.

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect summer day. It is 8:15AM here ant the temp is 60 degrees. I think today will be another beautiful day.

At the moment I am coloring my hair and waiting until I can go rinse out:lol: :lol: Just had too much grey. :lol: :lol:

Nancy - So sorry that you popped your knee out. Even thought I have not worked in almost 3 years I can't retire. This was just a long sabatical.

got a call from the Ortho group yesterday. The Dr. who my appt was with can't see me on Monday but had looked at my films and thought I should be seen next week. So now appt changed from Monday to Tuesday and one of his associates. I still think my trouble will be that bone spur I broke off.

So having said all that ---when this is settled it is back to work for me.

I wanted to go see my son in NC this summer or early fall but I will not be able to - the finances just won't be there for the trip so we are planning on going next summer. We are booking a week at the beach.

Well time for me to go rinse this out and I will go from being salt and pepper grey to a solid dark brown. Then off to coffee shop.:lol: :lol:

Everybody have a great Friday

Anita

NancyR
07-26-2013, 08:54 AM
I made it to work, I have my heavy knee brace on, and there is not any pain. Since I am already on steroids, it will help it to heal better. Sigh.....another weekend of just sitting around. Guess I will have to do some artwork. :lol:

Annie, I hope you do not get the man flu.:crossfingers:

Darla, I thought of you immediately when I heard the pop. I do not know how loud it was because I did not have my hearing aid in at the time. My knee cap slips, so I am sure something is not right.

Anita, I turn 66 in September. I only have 79 more weeks until I retire. :clap:
I am so tired with all the running around for my mother. It is hard being a caretaker when they are in assisted living, but very hard when they are living in the same house.

Need to get to start my day here at work. Hi to everyone I missed and those to come. Hugs and white light to those in need.

Doris345
07-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Good morning Washers

Hi Doug, Geoff - I worry when you two are not at the top of the list.
Syl, yes to the recipe please.
Nancy, ouch for your knee. Glad the brace helps, hope it's nothing bad.
Karl - enjoy your road trip.
Uschi - that is a nasty scam from the school - to get the kids' hope up like that. They probably served much better food over the summer to these 'guests' than they do during the school year, too. :lol:
Annie, I'm enjoying watching progress on the wall.
Darla - a day with no plans = oh, heavenly

Anita, Clara - My first response to your thoughts that Louie is the King and I pay the mortgage, was 'In His Dreams Only' but I know you are correct.

He was actually well behaved and contrite yesterday, and very polite and quiet this a.m. Last night he could not burrow any deeper into my armpit to snuggle and sleep with me. He did his best to 'knead' me awake this morning, but was fairly quiet and when I said No he stopped doing that.

Our excursion to the Met was fun - walked, walked and walked; talked, talked and talked; ate a good dinner at a little french bistro on the Upper East Side.

Really cold and cloudy here. Cant get kitchen window closed without major production - may have to eat out. Alas, poor me.

Cleaning closets today - is my halo shiny?

BBL
Doris

olliewood0702
07-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Anita, enjoy the very last of your long sabbatical. A week at the beach next year will be something wonderful to look forward to.

I forgot to let you all know about this great deal at Cheap Joes!

Arches full sheets 140lb, cold pressed paper; buy 4 get one free for $19.99 good through Monday.

http://www.cheapjoes.com/catalog/product/view/id/29023/s/arches-watercolor-paper-140-lb-cold-pressed-22-x-30-4-1-pack/category/146/?utm_source=constant-contact-main&utm_medium=email&utm_term=graphic-link&utm_content=arches-buy-4-get-1-free&utm_campaign=130725-arches-buy-4-get-1-free-email

I get their emails and was sent this yesterday.

Nancy, I'm sure you are counting down the days until you retired. You deserve it...I'm just hoping your knee isn't as bad as it sounds. OUCH!

Doris, I'm glad your outing to the Met was such fun. I'd love to see NYC sometime, I imagine it's quite similar to London; the big city life.

JudyL
07-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Morning, :wave: We have the Sprouts this morning they spent the night and actually slept late! for them. Anyway they are awake and fed (Thank you Jimmy Dean sausage on a stick wrapped in pancake)
In any case they are up (ish) and I am about to head out for my walk, inspired by grumpy grandkids, (not their best in the morning)

Still working on "the painting" have hopes to finish that this weekend, depending on what pops up.

Annoyed with our local news, they cut the last 15 minutes of the Doctor Oz show just when they were to show a cure for insomnia :mad:

Clara McArthur
07-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Good Morning, and a good morning it is, lovely and sunny and pleasantly warm. I've done morning chores already, even walked Bessie. Now I am going out to the garden to pick beans, and peas and dig up some new potatoes.

Nancy, that is too bad with your knee, take care.

Annie, I've been watching the project on your wall, it looks a lot of work, I hope you don't get the flu too.

Doug, glad you are feeling better and looking forward to the "August challenge"

Our art club is looking forward to an Art Show next weekend during "Pow Wow" days. I have to get some pictures ready.

kaypainter
07-26-2013, 01:35 PM
'Lo everyone,

Well I am enjoying my new TV. I've discovered I fall asleep just as we'll to a wide screen as I do to an old analog picture. :lol: :lol:

Have finished four pieces of jewelry in the last two days! Having class two days in a row really helps because I can be more focused. On Wednesdays I try to get things done that don't need school tools but put the pieces "at the ready" to take with me and work there. Also with seven hours of studio time you can just explore more. Also the classes aren't quite as crowded as usual. That makes it easier as well.

Uschi I cannot get over how expensive that is. Could probably do four years at Harvard or Yale for that kind of money.

Notbob sorry about your lost #8 Kolinsky. It will turn up!! I'm thinking good thoughts on that one.

Char you're allowed to procrastinate.

Doris as much as I love the museums here I would love to be able to go over to the Met and the Guggenheim and the Whitney. Sigh.

Ouch, ouch, ouch Nancy. Glad the brace is helping.

I've forgotten what ever else I was going to say, so ---

BIG HAWLTAIN --- especially Lyn, Henry and Lesley, and Allan J.

:wave: :wave: to all

Kay

Uschi
07-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Good Afternoon!!

So I decided that procrastination isn't going to remove the tree from my back lawn. Started sawing it into smaller pieces that would fit into my little Toyota trunk, neighbour heard me sawing and came over with her saw to help. So between the two of us it wasn't too bad at all. While I was at it I also pruned some more bushes. All went to the recycling center.

As a reward we both went to that nursery I mentioned above and, of course, we didn't come home empty handed. I bought white coreopsis and a white day lily, she bought a maroon coreopsis, bell flowers and also a white day lily.

I'll have to do a lot of digging, moving plants around, once everything finished blooming. I hope rain is coming soon or I'll have to water again.

Kay, the larger screen sure is nice!!!!!! Remember, we are anxious to see your beautiful jewlery!!!

Nancy, OUCH!!!:eek:

Char, looks like your hip(s) didn't like your sitting around in the gallery all day:) It almost broke my heart to cut down that oh so healthy tree but that Ash grows like a weed and the borer has barely started in my city and in a couple of years the tree would be too large for me to do it. Also, it self seeded from another Ash, which when everything is daid and done, really was too close for our small back yards.

Karl, gosh that is a long drive and with a 6 year old. He must be an absolute angel!!

It is a beautiful day, still a bit humid but not too bad.

Saw the bunny munching happily on the bachelor button leaves, well, if it likes those, I really don't care, they finished blooming.

:wave: Uschi

shipbroker
07-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Lovely day today....hugs to those who need them.

geoff

Europa
07-26-2013, 06:04 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well I am FURIOUS......Mum was dropped off at the rehab centre this afternoon and I went up to take some more stuff to her and stayed about an hour. Went home and came back about 6.30 with our John.

As soon as I walked in the room she demanded to be taken home....no way was she staying there. I tried to calm her down and find out what was the reason for her change of attitude.
She said she that no one had been mean to her or anything but she had been in the dining room with the other people and did not want to be surrounded by old people.

Told her she was probably the oldest person there and she hadn't even given it time....she had only been there four hours. I reiterated it wasn't a care home and she could come home anytime but she hadn't even seen a physiotherapist.

She argued she could get one at home but I told her it would take 10 weeks or more and they would only come once a week whereas here they had all the equipment ....she said I could do the exercises with her but I don't know what exercises she needs as I hadn't seen a physio.

No matter how I and the nursing sister tried to persuade her she was having none of it....so we packed her stuff and brought her home. I am sooooo annoyed....she knows I am not happy...am barely speaking to her....her one chance to get her walking back on track and she threw it away. The centre is two minutes from our house and I would have been up there every day.......am so angry.....

Pat...xxx

Roun2it
07-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Just got home 30hrs travelling is not fun ....... Off to bed catch up later. :wave:

Yorky
07-26-2013, 06:38 PM
:grouphug: Pat :grouphug:

Hi Kev :wave:

Doug

ScarletLake
07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, Well, Well:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had no more gotten my hair colored this morning (turned out a nice dark brown) gotten shower, dressed, makeup and ready to go out the door when the phone rings and it was half sister stating "Moms sick, I've called the squad" You just stay put and I'll go with her and see what is going on.

I did go to coffee shop and had a great morning with lots of friends dropping by and found out that stepmom was going to be admitted. I really don't think they know yet what the problem is.

So around 2pm went to hospital and stayed until 5pm. Seems like same symptoms as before nausea, diarrhea, shortness of breath, very tired. So the ER doc wants her to go to a nursing home to stay for about 3-4 weeks to just rest. Mainly since she lives alone.

However I think that she will try and talk them into home health. Hope not.

So I am now home and just resting my foot. You know hopping along a hospital with a cane sure tires you out. :lol: :lol:

Not really too upset over this one ---I'm not the only one here to deal with it.

Pat - Glad that Winnie is out of the hospital and for a while I thought you were gonna say that you won out. Hope that you get some rest too.

Anita