PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Thursday 25th July 2013 ***

Yorky
07-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Good morning all. Fine here after overnight rain.

Art class this morning.

Doug

shipbroker
07-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Morning all.

Grey but have had rain recently. No plans

geoff

doppler
07-25-2013, 03:36 AM
Thank heavens for the northern hemisphere :lol:

New updates of the great wall of Nebo.
The partly finished retaining wall on the lower now terrace.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/141006-g8.jpg

And a man and his mud ... he worked today because the contractor has a viral present from his kids. Caring and sharing :rolleyes:

End of work with 2IC Ben in charge and Roger ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/141006-g7.jpg

Surveying the partially completed wall. Yes he smokes. Yes I smoke.

Drainage pipes, gravel and geocloth to go. Then the upper terrace. There is a dry stone wall we really want to conserve ... piccies tomorrow, or when it is decent and unclothed from the weeds.

Best wishes to Kev and Chris for their journey home tonight. NO Uies allowed. :thumbsup:

Good thoughts with Vancouver bound Anne.

Henry and Lesley are always thought about here.

BBL

Yorky
07-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Coming along Annie, man at work :lol:

Doug

doppler
07-25-2013, 04:04 AM
Smoko Doug. :lol: Smoko equals tea breaks in Aussie tradesman culture.

He is getting a dose of the caring and sharing manflu too. Shall batten down the hatches. I'm immune because of the double X. :angel: XXs just keep on keeping on.

CJMonty
07-25-2013, 04:33 AM
The Blind Painter - I Love his positive approach to life, it is what helps to keep you going.

I also love his paintings, I particularly loved those trees in Blossum, which reminds me, we have only just got the beginnings of Blossum Buds coming up on our new tree. This tree is called a Peacharine, which is a Cross between. A Peach and a Nectarine, I don't know the fine details of how it came about. However last Summer Monty and I enjoyed a bowl of some fresh fruit and icecream, down on Tracey and Terry's Farm. The fruit was like nothing I have ever tasted before, Monty is not a big fruit eater by any means, but he really enjoyed it, and in fact ate a whole one later that day. Tracey helped us to find this very young Peacharine, so it is planted and Terry came up immeadiately to prune it into the best shape, in order to grow it into a vase shape. The reason for this, is so that you get a tree who's fruit is getting excellent Air Circulation. Also it will make it easier to harvest the fruit, and also allows us to keep it pruned small, not only to keep it tidy,but healthy and ease of being able to collect the fruit off it.
Our Fig Tree which for about 4 to 5 years was referred to as "The Fig Twig" because the trunk after all that time was only at around 1.5cm. No Underestimation either. Anyway, Mont was going to give up on it and pull it out, so I talked him into letting me keep it (yet again) so we re-sited it, and I started basically doing everything the way I wanted to do it rather than following everything we were told to do with it. Within 6 months, it had started to improve with better leaf cover than it had ever had, even started to grow what promisingly looked like what might have been limbs. About a year after it's transplant and my TLC , we had a massive storm, and practically overnight it grew amazingly noticebly, both in height and leaf cover. Now another year later, it looks fantastic, the main trunck is around 10 cm Diameter and believe it or not has a nice open shape rather like a Red Wine Glass. ( will try to photograph it tomorrow). We had lovelt fruit from it last year so am most definitely looking forward to them next season.

AND we actually found some seed potatoes ,( they are like gold dust here in Western Australia). These seed potatoes are what are called Kifler ( they are longish, approx about 10 to 12cm) and approx as thick as an average man's thumb. They are only just starting to get eyes on them, so in a week or so, should be ready to plant, so we are going to try the Vegetable garden again and will mound them by digging a trench initially, then covering them as they start to grow.
Nearly everything in the Vegetable Garden grows sooooo much better ( even those pesky weeds, in fact throughout the Gardens now, the weeds flourish, so do our plants etc.,ever since we intalled the Bore 18 months ago.) since we brought up a complete trailer full of Clay from Tracey and Terry's Farm and dug it into the Vegetable Garden, it retains the water whereas it used to either drain straight through the sand or it was soooooo repellant it sat on top only to be evaporated by the HOT Summer Sun.

Well, will say cheerio for now and will be back.
Take Care,
Lots of Love Carolynn. :) :heart: :heart: :wave: :clap: :thumbsup: :angel: :grouphug: :grouphug: :heart: :heart: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Doris345
07-25-2013, 05:41 AM
Good morning washers.

Hi doug, Geoff, Annie.

Annie - it is the broken-off piece of that second X - that turns it into a Y - which makes them susceptible . . . and makes us invincible :angel:

Louie thinks I am on his time, and hasn't figured that I am the timekeeper. When he is ready to eat he lets me know - loudly. When that doesn't work he lets me know - painfully. By nipping on me.

Yesterday morning I actually dove out of bed, made a big fuss with our traditional "Louie Eating" noises (used to lure him out of hiding when he first moved in with me), and when he sped out of the bedroom first, I just slammed the door and shut him out into the hall. He showed his displeasure all day: pulled down and mussed some towels from the bathroom, walked and rolled through several plants on the terrace, dumped his dry food twice, curled up on my pillow which he knows is not to be used by him, knocked over a couple of knick-knacks from the windowsill. These are all things that he never, never does (he really is a good little guy).

I guess he is totally at home now. He seems to think he is the boss. We are at war.

Lazy day planned. Meeting a friend at the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art). She has just bought a new apartment ($$ = GASP!) and wants to roam the furniture rooms to get some decorating ideas. Weird, but fun. I personally love the arms and armour rooms. She would probably say "Weird but fun" about me.

Hugs to all. BBL

Doris

Uschi
07-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Good Morning!!!

I am up early because son and I are heading for Ballet school in Toronto to see Ethan doing his daily routine. They have open house and it is the only time anyone could actually watch the kids and their activities.

Tomorrow the four weeks are over and he is coming home.

It is just getting light outside and it promises to be a lovely day with a high of 23C :heart:

Enjoyed watching the project come along Annie!!

:wave: Uschi

doppler
07-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Doris, Louie is a REAL cat. He has distant cousins in Mt Nebo. Wouldn't you like to strangle them? But they have claws. My two excused them themselves to the neap light of sunset .Like HA! Ha and ha ha ha. Then it got black/ dark.. No sign of either precious feline. An hour later after watching a flitting psycho black shadow in the black, and watching the brown statesman stalk past us and deaf to entreaties , they both came In. Well dinner was served a bit of time back.

I am learning to trust the beautiful mongrels. :lol:

Uschi , yes it is coming along.

Flattwo
07-25-2013, 06:33 AM
Hi

Thanks to everyone for your kind support, it is appreciated :thumbsup:

Cooler here today with rain, which is fantastic in my opinion!

Re my Blog at www.robertsonart.blogspot.com the Soviet Union consistently record the second highest viewing figures, which surprises me.....don't know why, but it does.

Here is a photo sent from my brother in northern Thailand. It shows his first Banana crop!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/3457-944568_10151811869449853_53410089_n1.jpg

Speak Later

Henry

Lulu
07-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Hello everyone:wave:
On our way to bed here......
The windows are sparkly clean and I had the most interesting conversations with the cleaner, you know those times when what is shared is precious?
This was one of those times.

Yes, all the best for the homeward journey for Kev and Chris, no GPS required hopefully :lol: Hope Lancashire is still dry for you.

Doris, I like the way you think your friends might describe you! I think mine might say 'impulsive and fun'.....except age is tempering the first bit lol

Uschi, my heart aches for Ethan, but at least he's had this experience.
Take plenty of photos on the open day!

You smoke too Annie? Well I'm going to put on my old nursey hat and say 'tut tut' :p
Regarding cat behaviour.....nearly every morning now Alfalfa jumps at my leg, which means 'pick me up please' which I do, then she proceeds to climb around my neck and turns her motor up loud!
Gary, well he's still a boy, nothing changes, no surprises, no hormonal ups and downs lol, just give him food and he's happy.

Hi Doug, Geoff and all who are to come...
Edit: Hi Henry, as the others have said, you are never far from our thoughts.

Off to bed with sleepyhead.
Busy weekend ahead, will be back next week.:wave:

shipbroker
07-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Henry, my tracker onthe website usually has a selection who have visited ex WC in Borth Americas somewhere..... but I seem to be
picking up visitors from Mexico and the Philippines these days too.

groff

ReggieS
07-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning all! Strange birthday this is. I went out to di nner last night with my coworkers, came home and around midnight had a hiatal hernia attack with nausea and vomiting. Felt better in an hour and was able to sleep pretty well. A little queasy today. It isa beautiful dAy today which is great !!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Now a birthday at work!

Hemry and Lesley- hugs!!!
Hug and well wishes to Winnie too!

Havea great day all!

Reggie

Ellen in Ont
07-25-2013, 08:30 AM
:wave: everyone,
I spent most of the day with Max and family so didn't get as much done as I wanted. Today I'll try and make up for that. I want to get the spare room cleaned because my sister is coming tomorrow to spend the night. I also want to get my studio room cleaned because it is getting so full things are now being stacked on the floor. The biggest problem in the frames that I keep buying when I find them at garage sales etc. I must have hundreds. :rolleyes: I have to find somewhere to store them all. Maybe the unused sauna would be the best place. :D

((((((((Henry and Leslie)))))))) - so sorry your problems have been added to.

Char - congratulations on the sale. It's a beautiful painting. You are looking great as well. :D I am working on a "quick" painting for our clubs show that starts next week. The big painting on my easel is for our clubs show in Dec so I have a little more time.

Reggie - hope you feel better soon. Happy birthday.

I need to have a bite to eat and start my day. Good morning to all before and after. Have a creative day.

olliewood0702
07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Hello Everyone, is it Friday yet?:confused:

UGH...I must not have slept very well; I didn't want to get up and am so tired my eyes don't want to stay open. Hopefully the strong, black coffee I'm now drinking will perk me up soon.:crossfingers:

We took the girls to the baseball game last night; Larry had gotten 4 free tickets. It's a semi-pro team who have their home base here. It was a gorgeous evening for a game and when we left at the beginning of the 7th inning we were winning 7-1. I hope they pulled it off.

By the time we dropped off the girls and got home it was time for bed. It always takes me a while to fall asleep but I finally did and must not have slept sound.

Annie, the wall is coming along well. It'll be SO nice when it's done.

Doris, that Louie was just going to show you that HE'S the BOSS.:lol: Have a great day!

Doug & Geoff, is it still scorching hot there? Or did it finally break? It's cooled down nicely here, cool nights and lovely days. More of the same predicted for this weekend.

LuLu, have a GREAT weekend!

Uschi, have a great time watching Ethan. It's just too bad he cannot attend that school but the $$ are so high I doubt that many equally talented kids cannot afford to attend either. I wish it would work out for him.

((REGGIE))) HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! I hope you feel much better at work today.:thumbsup:

Henry, those two little ones are adorable, what a cute pic. That is a great looking group of bananas too. :thumbsup: (((LESLEY))) :heart:

Ellen, I'm glad you enjoyed your time spent with little Max! Have a great visit with your sister.

JudyL, I agree about passing Charles for William. I just think it would be a strange thing to do and I doubt that Queen Elizabeth would do that. I also want Kate and William to have as normal a life as possible; he'll be king....someday.;)

Anne, have a GREAT TIME at your son's wedding and your vacation!

Enjoy your day everyone!:wave: :heart:

CharM
07-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning! It's sunny and cool this morning at 12C. I don't think there's any rain in the forecast, but I'm having a bad hip day for some reason.

It was my intent to work in the trailer, getting my little pantry cupboard set up with basics and essentials. I cleaned the trailer before we had guests use it, so it just needs a little tidying. If my arthritis won't let me do it today, there's no law that says it can't wait till tomorrow. :)

I worked on my little still life and have discovered that I really like perylene maroon as a shading colour for my reds. It was so easy to create the form of my tomatoes with this really deep, dull red.

Apparently there has been some number of questions concerning my varnishing process on those paintings at the Desmond show... I wrote up something of a generic explanation and tucked that into a little greeting card of each of the paintings. I put that package in the back of the work. That gave Ted and I a chance, also, to walk around the exhibition again.

There really wasn't anything at the market that I couldn't have purchased from the grocery store... I get a little p*ssy about that... all these market vendors shop at the giant market in Toronto and then try to pass off their produce as "local"...

Husband is off to a Dr.'s appointment... and then he has to figure out how to repair our lawn tractor... it experienced a "dramatic failure" (his words) yesterday... the machine is 40 years old, so it's always something of a quest to repair and maintain it.

The excitement here in Pinehurst just never ends... :rolleyes: :lol:

Pat, it's good to read that your Mom has agreed to spend a little time in rehab.

Hiya Doug and Geoff!

Annie, oh Annie... as recovering smokaholics, we *get* it... I finally gave it up when I had my first hip replacement because it was such an easy (and cowardly) way to do it... Ted quit cold turkey when Magoo was born.

The wall looks significant. :)

Doris... you ARE on Louie's time! The very minute you brought him into your home and heart, you belonged to him... :heart:

Uschi, I know you're long gone... but (((Ethan))) :heart:

Henry, your Brother shares such fantastic photos... that's a big shoe for the little fellow to fill... :) (((Lesley)))

A nice long weekend ahead for you, Lulu! If you peek in again, I'm hoping it's a great one!

Happy Birthday Wishes wending their way to you Reggie and :crossfingers: that you don't have any more tummy upsets!

Stop buying frames, Ellen! :lol: Have a great day... your Sister, btw, is quite familiar with your home and won't need it to be spiffied up... :p

Darla, it's really hard to make it through the work day when you haven't slept well... ((()))

And, you reminded me to :wave: to Anne as she flies overhead on her way to Vancouver!

I think I'll get a bite of breakfast and paint awhile... I'll take some meds and hope that I get a little more mobile! :) Please have yourselves the very BEST possible day!

LynnM
07-25-2013, 09:23 AM
:wave:

painterbear
07-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 10:00 a.m. on another beautifully cool but sunny morning here in Oakwood. Faux Fall weather we are enjoying. :D

Just finished watering the garden. Have three Japanese-style eggplants ready to harvest. Got my recipe out for Turkish Moussaka (almost the same as Greek, but fewer spices) and I'll probably make that for Sunday dinner. It deserves that day as it is pretty special. :D Got the recipe from Edi-bey, a Turkish lady, when we lived in Ankara.

We enjoyed our almost vegetarian dinner last night (except for a little bit of pancetta in the swiss chard). Here is the focaccia flavored with fresh rosemary from our garden:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/9833-Focaccia.jpg

and here are the focaccia sandwiches filled with homegrown swiss chard:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/9833-SwisschardNFocaccia.jpg

We first had this in the little cafe that was attached to the 18th C Bourbon Royal Palace (http://goeurope.about.com/od/naples/ig/Caserta-Pictures/) at Caserta in Italy. We loved it and I've been making it ever since. Anybody who wants the recipe, just let me know, it really is easy to make and quite tasty. :D

Lynn, Have a lovely camping outing! :wave:

Char, Larry and I stopped smoking for the same reason as your Ted did...Kari made her appearance and we wanted to be around to see her grow up. And it worked so far!!!! :D Congratulations on the sale of your lovely painting. You look Mahvelous, darlink in your photo too. ;)

Doris, Good Luck in the War with Louie! Don't let him know the new Prince shares a name with him or he will become even more insufferable. I :lol: when I read how you tricked him out of your bedroom. Wouldn't you love to be able to read cat's minds.

Darla, Glad you and the girls enjoyed the basketball game. I think the semi-pro teams are probably more fun than the pro ones with all the prima-donnas they have on them. We have a farm team for the Cincinnati Reds baseball team here called The Dayton Dragons and I can guarantee that the kids that go to see them play have much more fun than the ones that go to Cincinnati. ;)

Henry, Another beautiful photo of two lovely children and some green bananas. Will they continue to ripen now they are cut off the plant? :grouphug: for you and Leslie.

Uschi, Enjoy your day in Toronto and watching Ethan dance. Congratulations to you on your commission also. :thumbsup:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

JudyL
07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Morning :wave:

Woke early, got dressed for the walk around the park. Seems to be a nice day but predicted to be high 90's low 100's well this is the Sacramento Valley.
I have nothing planned, so may :crossfingers: get my painting finished today.
Big :grouphug: to all in need or just cause.

Clara McArthur
07-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Good morning all, Had a lovely sunny morning that as the sun came up further turned to fog! Must be the moisture after the rain!

Louie is a cat and he is going to be the king of the castle, and I think he should be called King Louie!

Attended a municipal development planning meeting last evening. This area is booming in leaps and bounds with all the activity in the heavy oil industry.
Not certain of how things will go for the town, everyone wants "the door open for business" on the other hand no-one wants to see pollution or loss of green space.

CharM
07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Hiya... trailer tidying isn't going to happen today... maybe tomorrow... :) Procrastination is possible in the Land of Retirement.

I am painting... tomatoes on the vine... and those vines are making me crazy... especially since the painting is only a quarter sheet and their tangle is a little complicated.

I haven't done much else... made the bed and washed up breakfast dishes... I'm feeling a little more than lazy today!

:wave: backatcha Lynn!

Sylvia, when I was working in Conway, Arkansas, there was a little Vegetarian Restaurant just around the corner from the Bus Plant (International Buses)... I thought it amusing that the rough and ready's liked to eat there... anyway, I could order a wonderful portabello and gruyere focaccia sandwich with arugula... So good...

Yes... definitely post your recipe!!

Judy, I hope it didn't get too hot before you finished your walk... melting away the pounds, eh?

Clara, you're right... the tar sands have the potential to bring in lots of revenue... but the cost to our environment is nothing short of shocking!

Ted's pulled the carburetor off his tractor and has gone to town with it to our local small engine repair. :crossfingers: that we won't have to sell our firstborn. His Dr.'s appointment was great... His weight is down again...

My next washes await... :wave:

olliewood0702
07-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Sylvia, actually we were playing the Dragons last night!:thumbsup: I never heard the final score so don't know if we kept the lead. Your dinner last night sounds delicious AND looks that way too. I've never had chard or kale but I know it's VERY good for you and I don't know how to fix it...gues I'll have to google it. I'd like your recipe please if you get time to PM it to me.

Char, oh boy those darn lawn tractors can be quite difficult to fix; I'm :crossfingers: that Ted will be able to fix it easier than he thought.

Hello Clara!

Just ate my banana and it was so sweet, very good one.(DelMonte) I've heard that if you take a water pill (which I do) then you can loose potassium very rapidly so one should eat a banana a day. I'm not a real big banana fan so sometimes make myself eat one.:D

We are going to get 4 new tires for our car before we go to Nashville. Larry said they are expensive but something we need.:rolleyes:

:wave:

Europa
07-25-2013, 11:53 AM
HI WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Popping in - just back from the hospital - Mum is being transferred to the rehab centre later on - she wanted to come home first for sausage and chips for her tea....lol.

Am waiting for them to let me know when she is being transferred and then I can take her clothes up there.

Was a bit annoyed when I was at the hospital - no one has been giving her her eye drops or her inhaler - wouldn't mind but told them about them when she was first admitted. She can't use the inhaler herself so needs someone to work it for her. Let's hope that this centre are more able.

Been told they have a gym there so told Mum I was going to buy her a tracksuit - trainers and sweatband....lol.

((((((((Henry and Leslie))))) - thinking of you both.

Has anyone heard how Lynn is (Artmom) ?

Re smoking - well you know my feelings on that - am giving up for no one - I enjoy it and to be honest if I didn't smoke I would be on crack cocaine by now. :rolleyes:

Well better go and get things sorted......waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

kaypainter
07-25-2013, 01:12 PM
A quick hello as I must get organized for class. Did finish three pieces yesterday. Fourth is getting another coat of lacquer before I set the stone.

Well I broke down and bought a TV. I saw KMart was having a sale on a 32" 1080p flat screen. I got one of the last two. When the sales gal saw the price ring up, she said she was going to purchase the other one for her daughter. I looked at a 39" but thought -- I'll have to re-arrange my entire apartment to accommodate that. So 32" it is. Am currently using the rabbit ears from my old TV but have to wedge them into the wall to keep the position. Went to Radio Shack to buy new ones with their own stand, but they were sold out. So Friday will go back and see if those are in ($14.99 vs. $50 or $60 for the others).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/130068-graphics-happy-birthday-168951.gif

Happy Birthday Reggie! Hope today is better than last night.

Annie your great wall is coming along. I do Like Roger's supervisory pose there.

Doris :lol: He is in charge and he will never let you forget it.

Oh -- I did guess George. But of course he doesn't have to use that when he becomes king. Wasn't George VI Albert? And Edward VIII David?

((((Henry and Lesley)))) You should write to the Minister for Health and your MP plus the head of the hospice care home. That's just awful.

Pat glad Winnie is feeling better. Hope you do take a little "me" time.

Char congrats on your sale! Like your necklace. I'm always staring at people's jewelry nowadays.

Must :wave: :wave: to everyone else and get going here.

HAWLTAIN

Kay

ScarletLake
07-25-2013, 01:18 PM
:wave: :wave: Hi Everyone:wave: :wave:

What a beautiful day we are having today in OHIO. Actually so was yesterday.

I spent yesterday afternoon by taking my Dad to the Dentist and going to the hospital to pick up my xrays and report for the Ortho Monday afternoon.

I didn't get home until almost 6pm last night so just tired and was starving so a quick sandwhich and then settled in for the night.

Visited with friends this morning and came home to get into projects here at home.

I gotta go outside and tie up some tomato plants getting so tall.

Annie - quite the project at your garden wall

Ellen - sounds like you are enjoying your vacation

Uschi - wondered if this was something that your grandson could do every summer - go for a month.

Darla- The Dayton Dragons - when I volunteer at the museum I go by the Dragons field on my way home. I've seen them playing many times as I pass by. They are quite popular here in the local area.

Doris -- I just saw a sign this morning that was a cat saying --My cat owns the place I just pay the mortgage.LOL

Char - Any camping trips planned ???

Sylvia - That looks great. You always make interesting things.

Pat - glad that your mom is going to rehab. Maybe she will really enjoy it.

Henry - Sorry to hear about Leslie and the MRSA but that is also a problem in hospitals here in the US. Very hard to fight. Hope that it is responding to antibiotics.

Well that's all I can remember

everyone enjoy the day

Anita

notbob
07-25-2013, 02:31 PM
DOH!!

To the best of my ability, the only thing I can figure is I had an attack of the stupids and inadvertently tossed out my new waco paints along with some other boxes I was trashing. Got 'em from DB and DS. Twelve 15ml tubes and a W&N #8 Kolinsky round (non 7) + 1 ea of 0, 00, 000s, and W&N mask. All gone. I can't find 'em anywhere. I'm sick. :(

Fortunately, 5 full sheets Arches BW CP, a back ordered tube of veridian, plus b/o DV #12 round, medium gator board, and 8" ceramic flower palette remain. Plus, Cotman brush set ordered previously. So, I bit the bullet and ordered the DS "essentials" set" on sale (7 color split palette @ $5 tube) and am waiting. I got my Koi 24 set to hold me over. Such are the fortunes of life. (sigh) ;)

shipbroker
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi.

Took ages to get in and unsble to read second page so will have to catchup when we eventually go home!!

Cool evening now we have had a pretty good and therefore
nice day not too warm, went along the coast for a while

Hopefully in again tomorrow

geoff

olliewood0702
07-25-2013, 04:23 PM
NotBob!!!!:eek: :eek: I'd be :crying: un-controllably. That is awful, I hope you find them and you didn't actually throw all those valuable new materials away! Yikes.

WthrLady
07-25-2013, 04:54 PM
small league baseball is a blast, and I can't STAND sports!

The Dayton Dragons games were awesome! We had as much fun in the stands as they did on the field!

The games in Alabama weren't as much fun due to the heat, but the Montgomery Buscuits were fun.

The Columbus Clippers....well those were the days. Ring your bell!

I added a new piece to the studio. The Lobo wasn't working where I had it so I replaced it. I picked up a 1880s teachers standing desk! Solid wood. It's seen amazing things I'm sure. (Remember the land grab and settlers didn't start flooding in until then here.) It was from a one room schoolhouse in Roca Nebraska! I'm going to get a piece of plexi to protect the top, but so I can still see it. Now I can REACH my palette! something that's a tad important. I'll get the photos on the blog in the next day or two.

DH and DS leave for a few days in Colorado. DS had his first shaving lesson today! LOL.

((((HUGS))))) to the broken and the ill.

notbob
07-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanx for the sympathy, olliewood0702.

I keep thinking my alzheimer mom secreted them away, as she's prone to do, or I secreted them away from her picking up stuff and.... never mind. After 2 wks of frantic searching, I'm thinking jes a huge senior moment on my part. Ima geezer and stuff happens. I've moved on and got new paints a'comin. Not gonna let a tmp set-back --well-- set me back!

Danged if that DS essentials set doesn't have most of the paints I ordered in the first place. I think I'll do fine. Sorry I didn't see such a deal sooner:

http://www.danielsmith.com/Item--i-285-250-188-LIST

I really lament the loss of the #8 kolinsky, though. Next month. ;)

Uschi
07-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Good Afternoon!!!

The one hour trip to Toronto took 2 1/2 there and another 2 1/2 hours back. The traffic is astounding and we had to get right into the old downtown area.

For the short time he has been there, Ethan is truly doing an amazing job!! The facilities are wonderful. The kids sure work hard - 1 1/2 hours general training in the morning, followed by an hour strength training in the pool, lunch and another 1 1/2 hours training mostly jumps.

I forgot the camera, but DIL and her mother are going there tomorrow to watch and to pick him up.

So there is news about the Ballet School, they offered a $ 15.000 scholarship, which really is quite generous, but it still leaves $ 20.000. Son and DIL are continuing putting their head together to see if they could possibly work it out. Means cutting a LOT of stuff our of their normal lives and even then ???????

Read everything, :wave: to ALL!!!!

Uschi

WthrLady
07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
STILL 20.000???? OMG
It reminds me of the art college downtown Columbus. It recruited high school students from all over the county for a week and then sent them "scholarships" for future terms at the school. It was a money making scheme on their part. Sure the kids did have some talent, but for the most part it was an ego boost for the kids and $$$ in the pockets of the school.
Sad.

I cannot imagine paying out 20.000 a year for the next 6 years! on ONE kid! that's a private college education here! or a new paid for SUV every year! WOW. Hard decision for them.

not bob....ugh I'd be sick, and the missing box would turn up ten minutes after I opened the new stuff.