PDA

View Full Version : help

Winny Kerr
07-25-2013, 12:26 AM
I am trying to post and upload a new picture of a painting I just finished and it will not open my desktop page to upload. Not sure what I am missing?
Winny :rolleyes:

Kathryn Wilson
07-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I had the same problem last week - their browse button (when opening up your files on your computer) only shows ".gif" files in the menu next to the file name box - not sure why, but you have to change it to either "all files" or "picture" files. I think that might be the problem.

*Deirdre*
07-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks Kat!

Winny
You might also read through the Upload image section in my signature...if those don't help, be sure to say and we'll try something else!

Winny Kerr
07-25-2013, 12:57 PM
The Browse button is not there...only the Choose file one.

Kathryn Wilson
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Winny - the is the browse button you get when you hit the "picture" icon to upload

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/14941-browse.jpg

and then when you hit this browse button, your computer brings up this menu -

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/14941-custom_files.jpg

You need to change that "custom files" to "all files" - then you will see your computer files. Then when you select your file you want to upload, hit the upload button (seen in first photo above) and your image will appear in the big box - you then click on the image in the big box and it should appear as a link in your message - you won't see the real image until you post your comment or preview your comment.

*Deirdre*
07-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I've inserted a picture of what I see when uploading a picture...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2013/33616-Browse-picture-icon.gif

Or you can use the manage attachments feature below the the box where you write your reply...also says Browse

Point to note...if you use the first method, when replying to a thread you CAN scroll down to remind yourself of the salient points - as you can see the picture in both views.
If the second - manage attachments is used, you can only see the picture in the forum view....but not in the reply view!
I'm using Firefox as my Browser...which one do you use?

sketchZ1ol
07-25-2013, 06:04 PM
hello
' gif ' doesn't work here .
jpeg works every time .

wc will try to re-size above 1mb , but 1.5 mb or more is too much .
- re-sizing on your own depends on your software ...

if using windows xp , get the folder/file/image up for all the info ,
left-click the ' - ' button on the topbar/right so it goes to the bottom bar ;
it should be a separate item which can be brought up or back down by a left-click
so you can easily double-check the properties of the file/image
or back-arrow to check where the folder is .
- the ' start ' button , low left corner can get you to ' my computer '
if you need to dig around to find exactly where the folder is ;
some trial and error going thru the subsets , perhaps ...

Ed

Winny Kerr
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
I ended up doing what you just suggested Deirdre and after a try or 2 it worked. I have no idea why I do not get that browse button. I have a Mac.
Thank you for helping me...Winny

*Deirdre*
07-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Glad I could help Winny. Could be due to differences between PCs and Macs!:D

As this has just been a Help topic and not your actual picture thread, I will move it to our Talk Section...it may help someone else.