PDA

View Full Version : Field of Flowers

BeyondTheNineSquares
09-14-2003, 10:13 PM
Here's a small painting I did today with my new Senneliers. Wow are they different from student grade! So much softer and more responsive! I can understand why I've heard people say they chill them. I broke the tips off two of them!

I'm sorry this piicture is a bit unclear and distant. I once again framed it before getting a more detailed shot of it. I'll try and get a better image of it and add it to the thread later. Right now I need to go to bed!

If anyone is still still using student grade, I suggest you check out Dacota Pastels. They've been running a good sale on sets of Senneilier OPs. It made a set affordable for me!

Hope you can see this okay!

Artaholic
09-14-2003, 10:52 PM
It looks like a lively and bright little painting. Hope to see a close up soon

Gerry:)

Dyin
09-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Hey, Martha...you always do such bright, cheerful paintings...and ALWAYS forget to photo before framing lol! The Senneliers really have a nice rich pigment, don't they? You have nice complements in this...

Greeble
09-15-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Dyin
Hey, Martha...you always do such bright, cheerful paintings...and ALWAYS forget to photo before framing lol! The Senneliers really have a nice rich pigment, don't they? You have nice complements in this...

Yeah! How are you supposed to sell prints if you take the picture after you frame it? :)

Jen

BeyondTheNineSquares
09-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Thanks everyone! Good point about the framing prints, too! How do those of you that sell have duplicates made? Do you take your own photographs and then mat and frame them, or do you have them done by someone else?

I don't intentionally bug you by framing first, it's just that I generally see things differently when I mat and frame it. Often times, doing so and stepping back puts things into perspective for me. With this one, I saw an issue or two that I needed to fix that I couldn't put a finger on before taking a step back.

I'll try to be good! Really!