PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Monday 22nd July 2013**

ollieowl
07-21-2013, 11:04 PM
morning all here now and later

only 1460 days to go

Pat hope all go well with Mum ,I know how thee feel .
As my farther in law back in hospital with same problems
coursed by heat and dementia
hope other are all OK, me myself are I are copping ish

:heart:2 all

HAWLTAIN :thumbsup:

JudyL
07-22-2013, 12:16 AM
I'm guessing barely morning there it's only 9 pm here, however, not much to report, except the lovely moon out tonight.
We went to the kids today, Jack to help with the hot tub and me to help Jen shop, not bad, a good sale and I got some things for the Hawaii trip, on sale!
Then we had a very nice dinner, chicken sausage vegetables and brown rice. Other than that, quiet.

TTFN

Yorky
07-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Good morning all. Just checked facebook and Winnie is in hospital on antibiotics and oxygen for a UTI. Hope she responds well:heart:

Another hot night here, had around 5 hours sleep.

Hi Peter at least it is cool where you are working:rolleyes:

Doug

ScarletLake
07-22-2013, 03:44 AM
:wave: :wave: Hello:wave: :wave:

:music: Rainy Days on Mondays Always Gets Me Down:music:

It is 3:30AM here in Ohio and it just started raining. Had to let the dog out and it started to rain.

I had a good time with art friends yesterday at our mini get together. My good friend Rusty Hardin (who is a WONDERFUL WC artist) had helped a lady with her art site. The woman passed away and now my friend is doing the site.

It is called the Art Challenge Gallery. It is free to join and they have Artist Challenge Themes. Some of the themes cost $7. to submit a piece and some are free. You are allowed to give any info and have your work for sell.

The address is www.artchallengegallery.com if any are interested.

I have only submitted a couple of challenges but it is nice to see the items submitted and give feedback on.

I only give the info if anyone here wants to check it out.

This month the groups SUN ART is on display at Studio 14 in Tipp City. This is the group who submits their artwork to the CBS Sunday Morning Show here in the US. We just got word that they have this years Cd with our art works so it is fun to see who gets the honor of having one of their pieces shown on the show.

So check out Studio 14 Gallery online too or Facebook.

OK ---got that off my mind. LOL

Hoping the Winnie is doing better. I've been through this with my stepmom 2x's this year. UTI's can make you pretty ill.

I was trying to take some pics of kitty Abbey but she was moving around too fast last night. Just a bundle of cuteness.

I've got a lot of paperwork planned for this week but not much else.

Will check back in later ---going back to bed.

Anita

laudesan
07-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Evening all.............. It's raining...................

:grouphug:

Yorky
07-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi Anita, now I have Karen Carpenter in my head :rolleyes: Could be worse I suppose. :)

Doug

doppler
07-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Good evening all.

Peter that is longer than Ann Boleyns tryst. But who is counting?

It was an interesting meet indeed, JJ has posted the main of it. Missed Kev and Chris's reaction when I sat on darling Rogers lap and he said, get off my dinner! OK I missed the opportunity too. Proper reply apart from giggles and yuck ... Where do you want me to sit ??? :lol: OK it was a full moon. That's my excuse.

Just lovely meeting the Lancashire crew and we had a delightful evening.

Any old ways, I've got some new earthwork photos today.

Will process them tomorrow with really maybe REALLY big diggy things coming in. Where is the child in us? The earth movers and diggy things? Missed the main digging today because I was somewhat blearily at work. This garden is going to stand up to anything the heavens pour. :thumbsup:

Roger is going to help the landscaper tomorrow. More for the fun than anything else. It won't save money, and nor do I expect it, and its not the point. These guys are SO wonderful and intelligent.

I outed the very old mechanic's joke. Look at the values. Ten dollars an hour if I do it, twenty dollars an hour if you watch, fifty dollars an hour if you help. German Tom had never heard that before and when he straightened repeated it and committed to memory. Roger will be down mixing concrete because he can.

Next I have to do the rendering unto Caesar. Tax office maths ... They make it as simple as being a lovely little goat, lovingly tied to a stake and left bleating animatedly through the tiger filled night. Actually the arithmetic is OK and simple and quite enchanting until you get to the final figure. Which is where the goat is then pounced upon.:lol:

Monday Monday ... Should be musical notes but I can't find the icon and I can't sing.

Best wishes to all :heart:

doppler
07-22-2013, 05:21 AM
And I won't mention the cricket :eek:

ScarletLake
07-22-2013, 05:58 AM
:wave: :wave:

Just saw online where the Royal Baby might be on the way:heart: :heart:

It's 5:57 AM here in Ohio and POURING DOWN THE RAIN

Anita

cloudchaser
07-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Good day everyone,

Today is going to be the HOTTEST day so far for us in the Fens, We may get to 31 C but will have some thunderstorms overnight they say:eek:

My best wishes for a speedy recovery for WINNIE:thumbsup::heart:,my late mother suffered from UTI many times and often hallucinated(spl), quite worrying!!

Glad the mini meet went well in AUS

I am at home today :clap: but have a bit of wallpapering
to do in my daughters room, so I will be out of the sun at least.

Hope you all have /had a good Monday whatever you are up to.

((((white light)))) to all washers or their family suffering at this time.

Hi to Peter, Annie, J J, Doug, JudyL,Anita and those who arrive later.

Regards

Tony:wave:

Yorky
07-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Hotting up here too Tony, 27 in the shade so far.

Went to the doctor's, no scan results so far and he ruled out liver, kidney, gall bladder and pancreatic issues. Gave me stronger antacids until he can see the scan an decide what next. Sounds as if I may have a stomach ulcer and I expect to have a camera down again eventually. Hope the antacids work meanwhile.

Doug

CharM
07-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Happy Monday! It's a fresh new start to a fresh new week... Cloudy and dull here in SW Ontario, we may get rained on today. The kitty herd has been fed and given their treats... the coffee is prepped and ready to brew...

I will harvest and freeze our kale today. It cooks down like spinach so I won't get too many meals from the garden. And the garbage must go to the transfer station. That's about as exciting as it gets here...

The news reported the cluster of quakes in New Zealand, a quake in China and tornadoes in New Brunswick (Canada)... I think our lack of excitement is ok...

Hi Peter and Judy...

Doug, an ulcer is a painful thing... I sure hope you get to feeling better!

Anita, I'll check out your friend's website... it sounds inspirational...

Hi JJ...

Annie, your photo is full of laughter and it made me smile...

Hi Tony... remember to stay hydrated even if you're not working in the sun!

Well, Ted hasn't made his way downstairs yet and I need a nice, fresh cup of coffee... I'm going to start up the coffee pot... My best going out to Lynn, Henry and Lesley and anyone else under the weather, including Pat's Mum...

Have a great day, everyone... :heart:

Uschi
07-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Good Morning!!!

Fresh and sunny outside:thumbsup:

For some reason I fancied a Quiche yesterday, since I had never, ever made a Quiche I Googled, went for groceries and this morning am cooking a spinach, mushroom and cheese quiche:thumbsup: :)

I also managed to get the front garden cleaned up and I went to the baseball game, sons' team won:thumbsup:

Apart from the quiche, I'll work on the back garden, then table tennis and then babysit Ava while son and DIL go to Toronto to talk money arrangements with the Ballet School:eek: I hope the subsidies are good because it is VERY expensive.

I sooooooo feel for you Brits, that kind of heat is nasty especially without an air conditioner.

Char, any news about John's food in the freezer, did the hydro come back in time to save it?? I hope so:crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Doug, I had stomach problems for years and years and years. Gas going into my chest so badly and painfully that I thought I was having heart attacks. I had stomach Xray, lung Xray, heart tests, allergy tests, other tests, stopped eating wheat for a while and absolutely nothing worked or showed. In the end I figured it out, it was the two capsules of Codliver Oil I took every morning. I :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: that yours is an equally simple solution.

Anita, thanks for the link, I'll check it out later. You sure were WIDE awake at 3:30 in the morning:)

Annie, never mind Roger, I bet it is just as hard for you to keep your hands out of it:) So would that be trippling the price:D

Wishing everyone a good day and the best of health!!!!!

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
07-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the tip Uschi, I had been taking CLO too but for years and have only recently had the stomach problems. However I stopped taking the capsule following a report that they increase the liability to prostate cancer.

Doug

Ellen in Ont
07-22-2013, 08:45 AM
:wave: everyone,
Brian left for Toronto this morning so I have a few days to enjoy myself here doing anything I want. :thumbsup: It is a lot cooler and the clouds are rolling in. It's supposed to rain tonight so the day might start with cutting the grass once the dew has dried.:rolleyes:

The news is full of the fact Kate has gone into labour. A new royal is on the way.

Great photos of the mini meet. Annie your gardens are lovely and it looks like everyone had a great time.

Pat - the IV antibiotics should work quickly for your mom. Once she feels better she should enjoy seeing all the young doctors. :D :grouphug:

I had fun at our art clubs open studio yesterday. I took a silk scarf with me and experimented with just dropping dye onto it. It turned out beautifully! I can't wait to do more.

My coffee is getting cold so I think I'll get a second cup and make my list of what I want to get done the next few days. Cleaning closets is at the top of the must do list but dyeing scarves at the top of the want to do. I think I'll reward myself with something from the want to do list after each item on the must do list gets done. That should fill in the rest of the week quickly.:D

Have a great start to the week everyone.

olliewood0702
07-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Hello Everyone!

We awoke to rain and it's still dull and humid out there. Temps though aren't bad at all; nice and cool. I think the sun is supposed to shine at some point today.

I'm excited to find out about the Royal Baby on the way.:clap:

Pat, thanks for updating us on (((Winnie's))) condition.:heart:

Doug, those things are great to have ruled out. A stomach ulcer is painful and easily remedied; so hope you start feeling better real soon. And I hope the heat will break soon for you all in the UK.

Annie, any pics of your mini-meet?

Anita, I always like the Carpenters and that song; and it's so true...rainy days on Mondays always get me down.:rolleyes:

Ellen, ENJOY yourself....doing whatever it is you want or feel like doing.;)

Hello there Peter, Judy, JJ and Tony!:wave:

We had a weekend of cleaning. We never even saw Klaira or Jen at all. Matt was working. We did see the girls yesterday (Kaitlyn and Kelsea). Kaitlyn drove them over to see us and they had dinner with us. It's so weird to see her driving. She says she gets all kinds of looks.:lol: She's very young looking. SOO veery grownup:crying:

Uschi, I cannot even imagine the cost of that Ballet boarding school that Ethan wants to attend. I hope it all works out.

Thanks Caryl and Bill for the PM's regarding the woodchuck we have terrorizing our garden.:thumbsup:

I hope your MONDAY is the absolute best day possible.

BBL:wave: :heart:

LynnM
07-22-2013, 09:34 AM
:wave: Overcast but no rain yet, should be a decent week, weatherwise. More sewing today, and a little painting.

I like your reward system, Ellen, am going to practice some of that!

((((Doug)))) I hope you get the scan results ASAP, the suspense is the worst part.

Enjoy your quiche, Uschi, sounds good!

Fresh kale would be nice, Char, I try for organic here, but it is often not too fresh.

Love your goat analogy, Annie! Don't fall under the digger :)

Sorry about your TV, Kay, hope there's an easy solution.

Greetings to everyone else, and all to come, thinking about Winnie and everyone else in need :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
07-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks for your good wishes. I am happy that I have a doctor who is going to get to the bottom of the problem and not brush it aside as hypochondria.

Still no news on the baby :)

Kay if you have decent broadband you can watch lots of TV, films on your laptop. I have just watched a documentary on the despoliation of Alberta by the tar sands mining/refining. (http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/last-drop/)

Doug

Strawberry Wine
07-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Morning Washers !

Overcast and coolish here in the Grove this morning and rain on the way for tomorrow. After last weekend's storm, the ground is wet enough . The garlic will be ready to harvest in a week or so it needs hot and dry as do the peppers.

JJ, love pics of Annie and Roger's garden and the photos of the mini meet gang. More photos of meeters if you have any more.

Doug, is your tummy painful as well as nauseated? Keep on the bland diet until you get the results back ....

Anita, you are truly a "night ow" :)

Darla, nice that you and Larry had a weekend to yourselves. Larry needs to take time to relax when he works such long hours and not work on at least one of days he is off. You too !

Ellen, enjoy yourself while Brian is away... and as I just said to Darla, take time to just relax and ignore your endless list for a day

Dan and I power washed the front deck yesterday. We took turns operating the washer both of us are stiff and sore today regardless. All I am going to do is "dead head" some of the spent perennials

I am hungry so time to get something to eat.

Cheers to All,

Gail

Yorky
07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Doug, is your tummy painful as well as nauseated? Keep on the bland diet until you get the results back ....

Only slight tummy ache Gail, no soreness Gail and no acid reflux just nausea and burping a lot. I'm now on Gaviscon Advanced and stronger Lanzoprazol.

I would welcome a camera scan if it is suggested.

Doug

LynnM
07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Doug, did he/she mention any possibility that it might be ear related? inner ear disturbance can cause intense nausea. Great that your doctor is taking it seriously.

Hi Gail!

Yorky
07-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Lynn, it has been mentioned to me. The problem does seem to have got worse since I started wearing my new digital hearing aids. I would have expected some dizziness though and I'm normal in that respect. I'll mention it next time I see him.

Doug

NancyR
07-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Good morning! Weather is going to be hot again. Oh we'll, we did have some relief for a week.

My youngest daughter is coming to visit with my grandchildren. I cannot wait to see them again. They will be moving to Buenos Aires, Argentina, in January.

Saturday, I was able to apply for my Social Security benefits on line. They will start in October. It will be nice to have the extra income to start paying off the bills. :clap:

Pat, I am so sorry to hear about Winnie. I go through this with my mother all the time. Winnie belongs to a very strong generation.

Doug, I hope you get the final results soon.

I need to get back to work. Hello to everyone and white light and hugs to those in need.

Uschi
07-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Quiche is in the oven and looking good. The "Tenderflake" pie shells I bought weren't big enough for all the filling (some people also said that on the recipe website) so I will have two Quiches. Question, can you freeze them and if so how do I wrap them to minimize the air getting in.

Quiche lesson 101:lol: :lol:

Ellen, I have my own reward system, Char and Gail know what it is:lol: I am excited for you about the scarves.

Meant to mention that when I went to the art show a couple of weeks ago, several artists used Doc Martin's inks, very vibrant:thumbsup: I always thought that they are fugitive but the artists said NO. I think Henry uses them too. Might give them a try.

Dinger is going.

villagernb
07-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Good afternoon, everyone.

Hoping that Winnie's condition is improving.:heart:

Also wishing all the best for Henry and Lesley.:grouphug:

And Doug, hope the mystery of your stomach problems can be solved soon--I can't imagine how miserable you must feel, and the heat only makes things worse.
Are you going through Tour withdrawal? :D

Grand Lake NB had tornadoes on Saturday; an officer from Environment Canada is on her way there to confirm that it was a tornado, and how severe it was. That area is home to many farms and also cottages. Our son worked at Camp Rotary on Grand Lake for several summers while he attended UNB in Fredericton during his undergraduate years.

We are very busy trying to keep ahead of our yard chores before departing for Vancouver VERY early on Thursday morning. We return home the following Wednesday. I wish we had a young teen in our neighbourhood who would like to earn some money watering our plants in our absence, but we are a community of elderly and/or infirm folks! The young leave as soon as they are "fledged", much like the baby birds.:rolleyes: It is supposed to rain tomorrow night so that will be helpful.

Bill, did you get your deck floor painted yet?
Don and I have given the floor, steps and lower parts one coat of Home Hardware's Floor Paint for Porch and Deck. We had some left from two years ago, so bought enough to finish the job this time. Next time we will try the product you purchased from Home Depot. Michel at Home Hardware in Memramcook told us that Home Hardware is discontinuing their Porch and Deck product.:confused: Isn't that always the way when you find something that works for you???

Don is out for a bike ride and I'm going for a walk--soon I will have to start packing--I dread that job!

SYL

Anne

WthrLady
07-22-2013, 01:29 PM
90' with a 76' dewpoint.... just so Southern Alabama here today :D

I've spent two days watching Anne of Green Gables and I'm just about Anne with an "e" d out! LOL! Phew.......

Winnie! WOW, that hit fast. I hope you recover quickly.

Doug - I'm still hoping it's your hearing aids.

Waving to all :D

kaypainter
07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Well the TV is still pppphhhtttt. It will come on but as soon as it warms up it shuts off. Must be something over heating in there.

Doug I wish I had decent broadband. I can watch some things on my computer (don't have a laptop), but it's not in a place I can watch it lying on the sofa. :D A friend suggested going through Craigslist or something like that. I did yesterday. Lots of people are giving analog TV's away free. But some are ginormous! I need a littlish 19incher. That's all I have room for. If I ever decide to move I'll look into a flat screen. What I despise about that is you have to either get cable or a dish or U-verse or another tivo type box. It becomes very expensive per month. I really don't want to pay for all that stuff as I rarely watch it. Wow I just sounded like my mother. :lol:

Speaking of -- wishing you lots of blue butterflies and white light Pat and Winnie!

Hi Peter. What is that? 4 years to go?

It rained last night! Hurrah! I don't mind Rainy Days and Mondays! They cheer me up. It's sunny now, but the air smells lovely. That won't last. Car exhaust will overcome that.

I must go look at the mini meet photos.

Tony be careful in the heat!

Uschi how was your quiche? I'm sure you can freeze them because you can buy them frozen. :lol:

Ellen pix of your scarf? Sounds beautiful.

Char I've decided I only like the Lacinato kale (also known as dinosaur kale). It seems to be sweeter than the other kind.

Nancy :clap: :clap: for the visitors. Did you mention why they are moving to Buenos Aires. Sounds exciting. And they'll be bilingual.

Anne that is always the way. Find some product you like and the next time you try to buy it it will have been discontinued or improved to something you hate.

Caryl you must have brought that with you. And you sent some to SoCal!

Take care everyone

Kay

Yorky
07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Kay, flat screen TV's over here have analogue and digital tuners so you can use an ordinary aerial.

Doug

Uschi
07-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Doug, I don't think you can do that over here any more. Stopped it some time ago.

Kay, try a second hand store, lots of them over here and then you can try it out before you buy it.

Quiche turned out very tasty, Spinach, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Feta cheese with herbs, cheddar cheese. The filling was a tad dense although tasty. Would use a bit less spinach and mushrooms next time so the egg mixture is a bit more prevelant (or is that prevalent:lol: ). I think I'll take it out of the tin to freeze.

Sure is one healthy lunch:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Caryl, gosh, you just can't get away from the heat:rolleyes:

Anne, gosh, your trip is almost here!!!

Got to run.

Yorky
07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I got the impression that Kay was still using analogue or one with a set top converter for digital Uschi. Digital over the air is possible in any case.

Doug

Yorky
07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
It's a Prince! Baby born a 4.24 pm - four hours ago 8lbs 6 oz.

Doug

New Gamboge
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
You beat me to it Doug - just heard on the news!

Kay - there is a programme that tells you how many TV stations you can get with an antenna

http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=75

It works both in the US and Canada - I can get a couple of stations here with just rabbit ears.

Betty

olliewood0702
07-22-2013, 04:06 PM
It was wonderful to see the announcement finally on MSN!:clap: What a celebration must be going on in Britian tonight!:thumbsup: Now the wait to hear what they name him. He was a big boy!

WthrLady
07-22-2013, 04:08 PM
But they're tall! Big boy! :-D

Flattwo
07-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi

Congratulations to Kate and William!

I was 8 lbs 7 ounces when born, the heaviest of all my Mothers children

Name....I suggest Prince Hamish!

Henry

ScarletLake
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
:clap: :clap: Good News:clap: :clap:

Yes I saw that news about the new royal baby boy. 8lbs and 6 oz was what my youngest son weighed at birth.

Hope they are doing well.

Henry ---now that's a name:lol: :lol:

Anita

kaypainter
07-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Well I am happy for them both, but I did want a girl.

Doug I have/had an old analog TV with a digital converter box and rabbit ears, but if I buy a flat screen I would have to rig up some rabbit ears to try and pull in a signal. Flat screens are only digital here. Whether I could get a rabbit ear type antenna to give me a picture on the flat screen is the question. I could go to Radio Shack and see if they have some kind of digital antenna. Or maybe I could take the rabbit ears on this TV and jerry-rig them somehow. I see duct tape in my future. :lol: :lol:

Kay

CharM
07-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Doug, the Tar Sands is Canada's environmental travesty... we should be ashamed and embarrassed... at the end of the day, who cares what damage we've done as long as we've made lots of money. :( Too bad we're still taxed through the teeth, though... :rolleyes:

Kay, we have a nice little 20" flatscreen in our trailer... it receives digital signals on an arial, too...

Uschi, quiche is one of my favourite meals. It does freeze well. The kids' hydro finally came on last night. Because it went out a couple days before the big storm (due to a separate system that blew through), they did lose their freezer contents. It could have been worse...

Lynn, we never ate kale until we began changing our diet... I haven't quite figured out how to cook the *bitter* out of it... but it's so nutrient dense that it's important... Anyway, it's chopped and blanched and now frozen! :)

Anne, you MUST be getting excited! You can wave to my eldest Son while in Vancouver... he lives right downtown...

Wonderful news from the Royals... a baby boy... :heart:

:wave: All... Have a nice evening... I'm going to read a bit...

kaypainter
07-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Char grow lacinato kale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacinato_kale). It isn't bitter like the other kind.

K

ollieowl
07-22-2013, 09:53 PM
quote=kaypainter]

Hi Peter. What is that? 4 years to go?
Yes in exactly to the day I retire
But then who's counting :evil:

JudyL
07-22-2013, 10:23 PM
My electric toys are rebelling, phone and the laptop, Jack wants me to put my information that as we will be taking that with us on our trips, (Nebraska, London, and Hawaii) and I will need access to Weight Watchers and WC as well.

Now I have a headache and most annoyed.