PDA

View Full Version : lake study

Mike_A
07-21-2013, 10:18 PM
20x20, oil and wax on canvas C&C more than welcome :)

Mike_A

Inward Arts
07-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Ok, I wish this image was a bit smaller to take in all of its yummy-ness.
Personally, im trying like the dickens to do this kind of work ~ abstract, nearly non objective and find it very hard to do. So, to see this simple beauty with the subtle color and depth is a treat. I'd love to see a little more action on the vertical to add tension, but its a good piece nevertheless. Thanks for sharing.

blackcatbattery
07-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Wow. Nice. Colors and layering like that is why I just switched to oils. Love the textures. Wax? I will have to look that up.

Jon
07-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Mike, this seems to have a bit less intensity than some of your other works although I do like it.

mihaela
07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
I love the simplicity of this piece, the wonderful textures and the muted palette. I'm wondering if the yellow ochre could be carried into the sky as a tint, although it does slighly show from the underpainting, or some of the bluish-gray be brought into the water for even more unity in an already harmonious painting, but this is nit picking. I also enjoy the textural possible suggestion of plants above the horizon line created by what seems to me a palette knife aplication of paint in the underlayers. I enjoy this painting very much.