PDA

View Full Version : "my crystal ball"

illastrat
07-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Tell me what u think folks

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jul-2013/171824-1374355192624.jpg

HenrietteW
07-21-2013, 04:19 AM
Nice. Very obvious that you love Basquiat and van Gogh and I definitely can't blame you for that. ;)
The colours work fine together and I love the slightly disturbed expression in her eyes. I did, however, almost miss the crystal ball. If it is your intention to have it in focus, you should probably tone down the surroundings a bit and give the ball a more 'glassy' surface. If your intention was focus on the woman, it works like a charm. :)

alangraham
07-21-2013, 09:03 AM
I really like the female in this one.

Question-- do you know these ladies and ask them to pose or use a photo as reference?

As for the crystal ball, I thought maybe it was she, or that you saw yourself with her in the future or something? Haha, just being an early morning romantic.

However, the actual crystal ball doesn't seem to fit in my eyes. Maybe the base is kissing the bottom too much? The red ceiling is bugging me too.

illastrat
07-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks y'all. Actually these women are from photos

Jon
07-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Interesting, I think this might work well with a smaller ball due to the compelling look on the woman and that red ceiling which absolutely pulls the viewer toward the door, the ball tends to block us a bit. I instantly recognize this as one of your works and I like it.

trufflecat
07-23-2013, 10:44 AM
I agree with the others: the woman is very well done, as are all of your figures. The crystal ball could be brought out more. Are those flames around it? Nice job.

mihaela
07-24-2013, 01:00 AM
I like this piece for its narrative. I've already renamed it 'expectation' in my mind :) I see it as an invitation to a story, the fact that the woman is looking at the viewer as if expecting a response, the intentionally opaque (I assume) crystal ball as well as the door knob create a very interesting triangle. To me, the door knob seems more transparent, therefore suggesting the 'real' crystal ball, maybe someone is behind that door? I could read this meta as well, the vanishing point is the crystal ball? :) Just some midnight interpretations.