PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Saturday 20th July 2013**

shipbroker
07-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Morning all.

Despite the heat managed a reasonable nights sleep.

Today is mainly sorting out and packing the caravan for tomorrow. I may have a couple of weeks of LONI, which reminds me that Nola hasnt been around for a while....... unless I have missed her posting

Hope better might Doug

geoff

Yorky
07-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Hi Geoff and all to follow :wave:

Another hot night, though I managed around 5 hours sleep.

Dull here due to heat haze I think, another hot day in prospect. This weather is breaking records here.

Still feeling nausea, must get some answers from the doctor.

Doug

ScarletLake
07-20-2013, 04:16 AM
:cat: :cat: Hello:cat: :cat:

It is 4AM here in Ohio. Funny I am up at this hour --my son Justin said he would be heading out around 4 or 5 am from Alabama to his home base in N. Carolina today. He graduated from Officers Training on Friday.

I had a busy day yesterday - met a friend for breakfast in town, came home and worked around the house almost day, we went to visit Dad around 6:30pm - he looked really really good. He was watching a baseball game. Stayed about an hour and then went to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get a Wedding shower gift for today.

I was done in by then and hurt almost everywhere one could hurt. So glad to get home and put nice clean sheets on the bed and I was so hot I took a cool shower and collapsed. :lol: :lol:

We may get some showers this afternoon. :clap: :clap: The corn around here is looking very good. I have tomatoes just starting to form on my tomato plants. I am amazed at how much that 1 little cuccumber plant has grown.

Plans for today art to visit the library this morning, go to the wedding shower this afternoon and just relax this evening.

Everyone have a great day

Anita

doppler
07-20-2013, 05:06 AM
Good evening all.

Geoff :wave: You are going the the NLONI. N equals north and S really does stand for. ...... south

Doug :heart: No fly on a string in cup of warm fat for you then? just hope all goes well. :heart:

Anita, congrats on your son :thumbsup:

I am so so much looking forward to the minimeet tomorrow :thumbsup: Just have to mow the carpets tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Ellen in Ont
07-20-2013, 05:10 AM
:wave: everyone,
The weather was very weird yesterday going from threatening storms to sunny back and forth. I don't know how many times e opened and closed the windows. Today is supposed to be cool and showers with a high of only 16. As long as it doesn't rain for garage sales I'll be happy. :thumbsup:

The storms in southern Ontario were in the news last night. I hope things calm down for you all today.

Uschi - great that you are back on your own computer. And congratulations to Ethan!

Char - I bet the lake feels good in this heat. Do you have pics of the completed chicken run?

Good morning Geoff, Doug, Anita and all who follow.

I need to get the garage sale list organized in the order that is most efficient and then shower and meet my DIL and Max by 7:00 (my son is working nightshift). This city takes garage sales very seriously with online lists organized into districts posted every Friday evening and people start very early to get the best deals.:D

Have a great start to your weekend.

Flattwo
07-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Hi to All

Hot and humid here, was 25 F above my comfort zone yesterday!

Where are you off to Geoff ?

Doug, it is so frustrating waiting for test results!

Speak later

Henry

laudesan
07-20-2013, 05:28 AM
:wave: all

Had a super day today, we all went to Seaworld to validate our season passes. Arrived at 10.00am. What fun, and I did get some super photos too. Have to sort through them yet.
I loved the penguin enclosure, Tania got a couple of great shots of the Polar Bear. The dolphin show was amazing.
It was fine for the first 3 hours, then at lunchtime, the rains came down. We got a bit wet, but none of us minded. It did fine up again, and was still pretty good, when we left at 3.30pm

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jul-2013/22284-Penguins.jpg

Tania picked up her car on the way home, 4 new tyres, and every all tight and ship shape. :thumbsup:

Annie, I will be coming up to yours by myself tomorrow.

:grouphug: to all those ailing. I think of you all the time..

Lynn, great photos, my how he has grown!

Uschi, what an honour for Ethan!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: Are you home again...

Love and hugs................

Be back later...............

shipbroker
07-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Henry.........hopefully down the coast ( where forecast overcast hurray) to near Filey, then off to Derbyshire, Darley Dale near Bakewell, maybe thereafter up to the River Trent junction between Notts & Lincs...we shall see.

Tis overcast here and 5C less than same time yesterday...very nice..

Hugs to Lesley.......

geoff

Flattwo
07-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Geoff...sounds like a great trip, places I have never visited

Won't you miss the Open?

Henry

shipbroker
07-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Won't you miss the Open?

Henry

Watching as much as possible today ( well Eileen had two weeks of Wimbledon) and I do have a tv in the Caravan so hopefully will tune in for last hour or so..

geoff

Strawberry Wine
07-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Good Day Washers !

It is a wonderful 18 C this morning and the sun is shining. We too had severe storms late yesterday afternoon. High winds and torrential rain. No damage here except there are a good many of my tall flowers that are bent over almost to the ground. I will see what I can straigten back up again in a bit.

Uschi, Wonderful news regarding Ethan. They must see something VERY, VERY, special in him as you told me that he has had no formal ballet training. He must be so excited !!!!! :thumbsup: that you have your computer back.

JJ, great photo of the penguins.

Doug, make sure you keep your diet very bland with no fats or oils until you see the Doctor next week. It may help the nausea.

Geoff, enjoy your holiday !

Nancy, no surgery is a good reason to celebrate and buy something for yourself.

Time to get the laundry started and tidy up outside BBL

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
07-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Good Morning Washers... it's certainly cooled down some after the storms...

Jon and family left for home yesterday at noon and drove into the storms. It took them 12 hours to get home with the fear of tornadoes touching down in their area. The news reported that thousands of trees were down... it was terribly stressful for all of us.

They finally arrived home just after midnight... their only damage was the Girls' trampoline that'd been tossed into the trees... and lots of limbs down... no hydro (it's still out today)...

So, while we were waiting for Jon to call us, we tidied the house and yard... made dinner... washed up the dishes... and THEN... the sky blackened, the wind came up and down came the rain... in torrents... little branches and tree limbs were flying everywhere and the walnuts were projectiles... our hydro went out... the lightning and thunder made for a beautiful show, though.

Our hydro returned during the night, so we have lights, phone, internet... :)

Jon called me this morning to tell me what the light of day revealed... the road to his Inlaws has opened up a 30' wide by 30' deep sinkhole... :eek:

Geoff, you will be MISSED while in LONI!!!!! And yes, where IS Nola?

((Doug)) Have you tried reducing your diet to the very basic bland??? How awful for you...

:clap: for tomorrow's mini-meet, Annie!!! I could have lent you my shovel. (for the floors, carpets, etc.)

Congratulations to Justin, Anita! :clap: Sounds like you have a nice day planned.

Ellen, the lake was getting like bathwater... when it gets too warm, the string algae begins to form along the shoreline... not harmful, but icky looking. No pics of the run... I'll snap some... we're getting 9 eggs per day... nice.

Hi Henry... I sure hope that ((Lesley)) is more comfortable...

Based on Gail's post, I'm going to assume a couple of things... Uschi's Grandson has been accepted (invited) to the National Ballet of Canada School... Wow... that is SO prestigious! Everyone must be so proud of this talented youngster!

Nancy has escaped the need for surgery... that's always a good thing...

And no terrible damage was done to your property, either, Gail... Ted wanted me to call last night and our hydro went out, so no phones either... there were tornado warnings for your area.

What a great day you had, JJ, despite the shower... the little penguins are adorable.

So... I have a TON of laundry to attend to... I'll :wave: to all yet to come and wish everyone the best possible day...

LynnM
07-20-2013, 09:59 AM
:wave: Much quieter out there this morning! That was quite a night of storms, several very close strikes that scared the heck out of me! We lost power but just for a little while. The light show was spectacular and the storm seemed to linger in our valley. I hope there wasn't any serious damage here.

Great that Jon got home safely, Char, the damage there sounds major.

Good that your garden survived fairly well, Gail, the heavy rain can be so destructive!

Hope you get better weather, Geoff, two weeks is a while!

Lovely photo, JJ, I'd love going there! Yes, he has grown and looking sturdier and healthier this summer, the activity is good for him.

Hi Ellen, hope you get some good finds!

Congratulations to your son, Anita! You did a lot with a sore foot, take it easy :)

(((Doug))) that's wearing on the spirit.

Thanks, Anne. You must be getting really excited, Vancouver is not so long now.

Hi Teresa, saw your post yesterday.

Greetings to all to come, hope everyone has a rewarding day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Clara McArthur
07-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone,

Here I am again! trying to keep myself up to date.

It is cool and overcast, after rains in the night. I hope the sun comes out. I have to go back to the Fair this afternoon to pick up all the items I entered. I won a third and second ribbon for the watercolours I entered. Also won
on the flowers. I had a quick look round yesterday afternoon. So I'm pretty happy with the results.

I'm just about to go out and walk Bessie (my dog) she is waiting patiently. She is 11 years old but still full of energy...a border collie/Aussie shepherd cross.

JJ your penguin photo is awesome.:)

painterbear
07-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 11:00 a.m. here in more comfortable Oakwood, temps are in the 80įFs today. :D We are expecting those storms you got up there in Canada yesterday warning of high winds, etc. tonight into tomorrow. Not sure if it is the same storm system, but sounds like the same type of conditions.

Char, Glad Jon and family made it home safely. That sink hole near his MIL's house sounds pretty bad, lucky no one was riding down the road when it happened. :eek:

Went out to check on my eggplant to see if it was large enough to pick yet...it isn't, but did find my first half-eaten green tomato on the ground. Gee, wonder who or what did that??:?? :mad:

Larry is feeling much better now that he is resuming his outdoor exercise routine. He is walking 3/4 of the way and jogging carefully the last 1/4 and it isn't hurting at all. So he will gradually increase the jogging part until he is back to his 3.5 mile circuit. This has been so hard on him because he has been jogging faithfully for 40+ years, so to stop is difficult. :o

Clara, Nice to see you here again. Congratulations on the awards for your paintings and flowers! :thumbsup:

Geoff, Hope you have good weather for your trip. Stay safe.

Ellen, Happy garage sale-ing! Definitely sounds like a well-organized activity in your area. My daughter Christine loves to go around looking for things she needs. We enjoyed time around the beautiful glass-topped table she got for $20 at one. Took some elbow grease by her and Quinn to clean it up and paint it to match the chairs she got, but it was beautiful when done. She has a lovely covered porch with a scenic view of countryside and that is where we sat for much of our visit around her table. :D

Anita, Congratulations on Justin's graduation from OCS! Take care and pamper your leg until you see the doctor this week.

Doug, Sorry you are still uncomfortable with your tummy. What a shame you have to wait so long for the test results before moving on to finding a fix. :o

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

CharM
07-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Getting laundry out on the line... lots of bedding and towels...

Picking up branches and sticks... what a mess... our neighbours on either side of us don't have hydro! :eek: I'm not questioning why... but our phone is out again... we do have internet... again, I'm not questioning why...

Even though it's cooler today at 26C, it's still hot and humid to try and get the cleanup done... Poor Ted doesn't do well in this heat... He's soaking wet... I told him to jump in the lake to cool off and he said he didn't want to get wet... :lol:

Lynn, the shopping centre in the Petawawa downtown core lost it's roof... and many homes sustained *minor* damage with lost shingles and broken windows... A tree came down on the home of one of Jon's Army Buddies... Jon planned to go around helping to cut up the wood from fallen trees... a twofold bonus because he can heat with the wood while helping those who don't have chain saws, etc.

Welcome back, Clara, and :clap: Congratulations on your ribbons!

Sylvia, two cars did fall into the hole :eek:, but no one was seriously hurt... I missed what's happened to Larry and will have to see if I can find it in the previous Washes... Whatever it is, I'm glad he's mending.

Well, next load is ready for the clothesline... break time is over... :)

shipbroker
07-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Yes Char I am also hugging the washing-machine...I have lots and lots of impractical ( for me) white and very pale blue stuff......so I have bought some machine dye today ( blue jeans colour) and have a full load on the second wash...hopefully some will dry so I can take them with me tomorrow!

Been much cooler today but sun getting out now so all should dry in conservatory..

geoff

olliewood0702
07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Hello,

It sounds like everyone is busy this Saturday with all kinds of things.

Geoff, have a GREAT trip; safe travels!

We got storms last night and some much needed rain. Some limbs were blown off of the neighbor's trees. The wind was quite strong and thunder loud. Some storms were severe in neighboring counties.

Uschi, WE HAVE A GROUNDHOG.....arghhhhh:o He's living under our shed and Larry has been trying to live trap him but the live trap appears to be too small. He's eaten most all of our green bean plants down to nothing and starting on the cucumbers! So far he hasn't touched the tomatoes.:crossfingers: THis year we've been inundated with critters, mice, chipmunks, squirrels, possum, moles and now groundhog. We have a fenced in backyard too...how in the world do they get in??:confused: Poor Larry is about ready to give up.

On a happier note..CONGRATULATIONS to Ethan! Wow...what an honor.

JJ, cute penguins. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

((DOUG)) I hope you hear some news on your test soon. YEs I have read that you are breaking all kinds of records with the heat.

It's cooled down a tad here but the humidity level has dropped so that is good.

Yes, where is Nola? I miss seeing her fish.

Ellen, hope you enjoyed your garage sale outing.

Nancy, that is great....no surgery.

Char, I'm doing laundry too; I just hung my bedding out on the line.

Sylvia, I'm glad Larry is getting better; I know how he likes to run.;)

Larry and I are cleaning today, inside AND out! We are finally getting rid of a bunch of "stuff" from the garage.:thumbsup: I'm MAKING him part with many items that he thinks he'll use "someday":rolleyes: :evil:

Have a GREAT day everyone!:wave: :heart:

Scene Chaser
07-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Good Day All,
Itís only 93 F today but it was a pleasant 71 this AM No storms here, fingers crossed.

Geoff, I think you must be one of the most well-travelled people of England.

Char, what a gut wrencher for you and Ted. Glad the kids got home safely.

Thinking about you, Doug. Probably just the gall bladder, which can be easily resolved.

Uschi, so nice you can compute from home again.

Hello Clare, sorry I donít remember you, but eager to get to know you. Stay with us now.

Sylvia, glad Larry is healing.

Anita, congrats to Justin. Mother is proud, Iím sure.

Darla, I see you have a garden vandal, too. I caught a Woodchuck (groundhog) in a live trap last week. He was living under my deck along the basement wall. I used cat food for bait. It seems to work on all pests except cats. :cat: But, then they arenít pests, and Ms. Feral is way too smart to step into that little room again.

JJ, I had Buckwheat pancakes for lunch with butter from Ireland and Maple syrup from relatives in Ontario who make their own. They were delicious. Did you know that buckwheat has no gluten?
Iím cleaning the fridge.
Bill

Uschi
07-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Good Afternoon!!

It was wonderful having morning coffee with you:clap: :clap: Then I responded and halfway through my typing the hydro went down, just for a second, but long enough for the computer to shut down and all was lost.

So I am making this fairly short!!

Thanks for all the congrats for Ethan and yes, we are proud and stunned:lol: They must see potential, none of us know what it is. What amazes me is that this absolute mommy's boy loves staying there and has never once cried or called to come home.

Anita, CONGRATULATIONS to Justin!!!!!

Clara, CONGRATULATIONS to your wins!!! Very encouraging!!

Char, I was thinking of John and family having to drive through that wall of storms. I am so glad they arrived safely!!!! and :eek: :eek: about that sink hole.

Trees and limbs down here too and some of my table tennis buddies still didn't have any hydro this morning.

Cooler today, but by no means "cool", that will come tomorrow when it will be time for gardening - deadheading.

Geoff, wishing you a wonderful trip!!!! and excellent weather!!!

Doug, :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for good news re your nausea.

Lovely photo JJ!!!

Darla, I feel for you and Larry, we wait 8 months for a garden and then these monsters eat everything and yes, these groundhogs are big. I too had to buy a larger trap, cost me $ 140 plus tax. My experience is that food doesn't tempt them (they have your vegetables:rolleyes: :evil: ) If you block off the sides of the shed except one bit where you put the entrance to the trap they will walk into it.

Sylvia :thumbsup: and :crossfingers: for Larry.

:wave: to ALL!!!

Uschi

Uschi
07-20-2013, 03:33 PM
re the groundhog, so far, so good, no ground hog in the back yard but I forgot to mention my episode with the one in the front yard.

I was just about to sit on the steps when I saw it entering the flower bed. I yelled and clapped my hands and it ran under the car. I continued to yell and clap and it started circling the car like a maniac and after about 5 circles it ran off. I haven't seen it since:smug: :lol:

So, after trying absolutely EVERY remedy to get rid of them FEAR of a crazy, screaming woman is the answer:lol:

LynnM
07-20-2013, 05:14 PM
:lol: Uschi!

Yorky
07-20-2013, 05:24 PM
:lol: Uschi - you should hire yourself out as a grounhog scarer :lol:

Doug

ScarletLake
07-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Uschi

I have been wanting to ask about your grandson???

Sounds like a great opportunity for him but how old is he??? Would he have to live at the school???

Oh another topic entirely but I have an online Canada art friend who just moved to Whitby I believe.

The wedding shower I went to today was fine. It was interesting to see all the kitchen gadgets that she got. I guess the new trend is to have the groom there to open gifts too.

OK gotta go get some supper

Anita

JudyL
07-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Not much to report, I continue to work on my "Kids seeing the Ocean for the First time" painting. Seems to be working out ok, may need to shorten the title.
It is from a photo that Jen sent me when we were still in the UK, 4 kid standing staring out at the waves. I'll post if I ever finish it.

Tonite we are going out to dinner at our (family) favorite restaurant, to celebrate Kevin (SIL) passing a test and then will be a promotion :crossfingers:
It's unique, a Mexican Italian place, one is Mexican and one is Italian, both cook. Don't know what I want to eat. Still trying to lose a few pounds before heading out to the In-laws in August, and Jacks 50th school reunion.

TTFN

Oh there is always Tortilla soup

Uschi
07-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Starting to cool down. Now I know how you in hot countries feel when it turns "cold" - totally acceptable temperatures to us. I felt I should wear a sweatshirt when sitting outside and it is 23C plus humidity:lol:

Anita, Ethan is 10 1/2 and yes, he will have to be boarding at the school, which he has been doing over the last 3 weeks and I thought it would devastate him but no, he loves it there.

When I asked him before how he would feel about boarding there he had absolutely no hesitation, figuring that it would be just as in Harry Potter:lol: :lol: I guess to a degree it must be or he wouldn't like it so much. Just shows you how movies and television influence young children - for better and for worse.

Uschi

JudyL
07-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Lovely dinner, I had soup (chicken tortilla SPICY! and salad good!) Kevin said he will have letter after his name but get this, PMP I said they may not have thought that combination through.