PDA

View Full Version : "abraham and Isaac" 36x48 Acrylics

blackcatbattery
07-19-2013, 12:13 AM
First COMPLETED painting in 20 years. I had another version started first, got stuck and intended on a whole different topic, but the image kept resurfacing. Figured I needed to complete it. C and C welcomed.
Actually I worked a TINY bit more on Isaac after this pic, but the rest was complete.

birdhs
07-19-2013, 08:31 AM
and the photo is behind the white curtain.....?

blackcatbattery
07-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Hahaha.... I seem to do that alot. Here it is. I'm actually glad I gave this one to a relative: I was seeing errors everywhere ( I actually just now noticed how his left arm seems to terminate in a large rock.. I may have fixed that- I can't recall) . But it served it's purpose of showing me I could complete a work.

birdhs
07-19-2013, 05:08 PM
I like the strong active mark-making, full of color and fire.

thanx f opening the curtain...

greggo

mynameiszero
07-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Love the close ups on the texture & color.

blackcatbattery
07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Love the close ups on the texture & color.
Thanks, Laura. I really dislike the texture of canvas for some reason- always have. I added a coat of Golden's heavy molding paste to the canvas before painting and later in some other spots. I used light molding paste on the undercoat ofAbraham's face. Since then I now coat all my canvases drywall paste to get a smooth painting surface. May fall apart in 100 years, but my son's grandkids can worry about that :)

alangraham
07-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Truly enjoy seeing your work! Your style is awesome :)